Black students in Cali: only 20% pass MATH state test, 33% pass READING test

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Probably has something to do with how classrooms are run at the black schools. It's hard to learn when Becky BBQ isn't invested in teaching you :mjpls:
Yeah white PAWGS and the school to prison pipeline is something to consider as well.

I invite anybody to go to google scholar and type in effects of exclusionary discipline on African American students. White females comprise 80% of our nations teachers.

But lemme get u started
The Economic Effects of Exclusionary Discipline on Grade Retention and High School Dropout — The Civil Rights Project at UCLA

When she doesn’t know how to teach De’Sean and gets him suspended for 10 days...that’s 10 days of instruction he is losing that is also HIGHLY correlated with negative post school outcomes.

One of the reasons why I procrastinate so much on this damn literature review is b/c I have to step away from that shyt frequently. It fukks you up connecting the dots b/c people don’t get it.
shyt is waaaaaaay deeper than “dem blk kids just wont sit down!”

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Most of it has to do with how most American school use a flawed approach to teach reading in school. They continue to throw decades of cognitive data in the bushes because tests
IDK breh. I think it's on the parents to make sure their kids are reading at home after school as well. If the only time you're opening a book is at school, you aren't going to keep up from grade to grade.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
A large portion of black children dont see education as important it's simple as that. nikkas gonna run in here juelzing, acting hyperemotional and negging but it is what it is. If I just rewind back the clock 5 years I was still in HS in Brooklyn and the majority of nikkas either focused on sports thinking they were really gonna be the next Lebron, who was repping what set, who's from what hood, who's getting money from scamming etc. Mind you this was a mixed school but I would say it was 50% black and 50% other( white,asian, Arabs, Hispanic etc) but 90% of the top GPA's in our senior year belonged to non black students:francis:. And no it wasn't just my school it's like that all throughout brooklyn, all throughout nyc, and all throughout the country.

The culture needs a major change:yeshrug:.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A lot of it is cultural. African students excell in schools. As a dude who went to predominantly white and Asian elementary and middle schools. And a 99% black highschool.

In middle school they ALLOWED us to leave for lunch and come back by next period. It was great. the truancy rate would be through the roof if my had highschool allowed that.

1. Asian and white parents care more on average about their children doing well in school. Just see if you can attend a few PTA meetings and look at the attendance of the parents.

2. Being smart and getting good grades wasn't as "looked down upon" in the white and Asian schools. :yeshrug:

3. Poverty.(but even then we had some dirt poor asians in my middle school that lived in Lower East Side project housing that good excellent grades you could tell they were determined to make something of themselves) I'm talking coming to school with holes in their shoes poor.

Comparing any immigrant group to ADOS will never be an apples to apples comparison because of the filter of immigration. The smarter, more ambitious, industrious immigrants make it here. When they are compared to ADOS, they're not compared exclusively to the smartest and ambitious among us. They're compared to all of us.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
A large portion of black children dont see education as important it's simple as that. nikkas gonna run in here juelzing, acting hyperemotional and negging but it is what it is. If I just rewind back the clock 5 years I was still in HS in Brooklyn and the majority of nikkas either focused on sports thinking they were really gonna be the next Lebron, who was repping what set, who's from what hood, who's getting money from scamming etc. Mind you this was a mixed school but I would say it was 50% black and 50% other( white,asian, Arabs, Hispanic etc) but 90% of the top GPA's in our senior year belonged to non black students:francis:. And no it wasn't just my school it's like that all throughout brooklyn, all throughout nyc, and all throughout the country.

We gotta stay in our kids lives and also be pillars for other peoples kids

If there’s a bunch of bass voiced black men around + your own dad.. you getting straightened out.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

They gonna call you a c00n breh. But there is some truth to this.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Yeah white PAWGS and the school to prison pipeline is something to consider as well.

I invite anybody to go to google scholar and type in effects of exclusionary discipline on African American students. White females comprise 80% of our nations teachers.

But lemme get u started
The Economic Effects of Exclusionary Discipline on Grade Retention and High School Dropout — The Civil Rights Project at UCLA

When she doesn’t know how to teach De’Sean and gets him suspended for 10 days...that’s 10 days of instruction he is losing that is also HIGHLY correlated with negative post school outcomes.

One of the reasons why I procrastinate so much on this damn literature review is b/c I have to step away from that shyt frequently. It fukks you up connecting the dots b/c people don’t get it.
shyt is waaaaaaay deeper than “dem blk kids just wont sit down!”

Some school systems are starting to integrate restorative justice practices but it's a long way to go. They start it early too. My youngest son is bigger than 99% of children his age and was getting notes home every day from his pre-k teacher a week or two in.(big black man disorder). I found out they kept isolating him because "he wouldn't sit down & listen". I demanded to see her unit and lesson plans and saw that he wasn't listening because he was bored. That week they were learning basic shapes and it turns out he finished the week's work in about 15 minutes (we did shapes at home when he was like two). I checked the rest of the unit and it was a whole bunch of nonese

Pulled him out that day and enrolled in an Afrikaan-centered school. Haven't had a "behavioral issue" since :sas2: