Black neighborhoods in "Non-Black" Cities

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
But LA's Black History is GLOBALLY known. That's the point of my thread. I wanna know about cities that aren't associated with Blackness. The fact that LA is only 10% Black and is still has some of the most globally influential Black cultural exports, says that LA's Black population is known. Bloods, Crips, US Organization, West-coast Hip-Hop, Central Ave/West Coast Jazz. LA could decrease to 1% Black and still be one of the most culturally influential cities in terms of Black culture.
What a wonderful thing to be known for :blessed:

:francis:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
What a wonderful thing to be known for :blessed:

:francis:
It is what it is....

:manny:

But, there's also G-Funk, Funk music in general(many funk musicians from other parts of the US conglomerated in LA and the LA Scene), African-American street dance(West Coast Pop-Lock, krumping, Electric Boogaloo) all come from LA's Black community.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
theres a lot of black folk here in anchorage alaska where im currently living. majority ive met are from the south - louisiana, arkansas, florida and south carolina to name a few. theres a few sudanese folk as well. anchorage is really diverse. its a good mix cacs, blacks, asians, polynesians, hispanics and native alaskans.

ive also notice theres a lot of dominicans lately. but i dont know if we can categorize them as black papi :mjpls:
nikka Anchorage is 5% blacc stfu :mjlol:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When I was driving trucks over the road (meaning all over the u.s) I would be shocked and relieved at the same time to see black people in certain places. Places like Iowa, Minneapolis, Wisconsin.

I had stopped in Davenport, Iowa last year to watch game 7 of the Finals and was blown away at how many blacks were there.

I grew up in the south so I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to other places. I know blacks are all over but certain places aren't automatically associated with black people so its a shock to outsiders like myself

Never knew there was so many blacks in Minnesota :ohhh:

Like most areas, we are all over the cities and immediate suburbs. But once you get out of the metro area... *shudders*

I've stopped over in greater Minnesota areas on my way somewhere else and it's NOT pretty.