Black neighborhoods in "Non-Black" Cities

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
theres a lot of black folk here in anchorage alaska where im currently living. majority ive met are from the south - louisiana, arkansas, florida and south carolina to name a few. theres a few sudanese folk as well. anchorage is really diverse. its a good mix cacs, blacks, asians, polynesians, hispanics and native alaskans.

ive also notice theres a lot of dominicans lately. but i dont know if we can categorize them as black papi :mjpls:
Blacks in Anchorage? I know Mario Chalmers is from Anchorage. Are there any specific neighborhoods in Anchorage that are predominantly Black?

:jbhmm:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Minneapolis-St Paul has large black populations. North/South Minneapolis, East St. Paul, Brooklyn Center/Park, Fridley, and East Bloomington just to name a few. A lot of people come from Chicago up here because the cost of living is lower, there are more jobs available, and there is less violence in general.

:patrice:

Lived in Minneapolis and the cost of living was the same, if not higher and it had some of the highest black poverty rates in the nation.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

Lived in Minneapolis and the cost of living was the same, if not higher and it had some of the highest black poverty rates in the nation.

I've lived in Minnesota for as long as I can remember and the cost of living is definitely not the same or as high as Chicago. While I won't deny it has a high poverty rate, Minneapolis also is one of the leading states in government assistance, which is what brings people over there. It also has a lower black unemployment rate than Chicago.

Cost of Living Calculator | Minneapolis, MN vs Chicago, IL | NerdWallet - Personal Finance

How Minneapolis Is Growing As Chicago Shrinks

The Worst Cities For Black Americans | The Huffington Post

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I've lived in Minnesota for as long as I can remember and the cost of living is definitely not the same or as high as Chicago. While I won't deny it has a high poverty rate, Minneapolis also is one of the leading states in government assistance, which is what brings people over there. It also has a lower black unemployment rate than Chicago.

Cost of Living Calculator | Minneapolis, MN vs Chicago, IL | NerdWallet - Personal Finance

How Minneapolis Is Growing As Chicago Shrinks

The Worst Cities For Black Americans | The Huffington Post

Minneapolis is on the list as worse cities for blacks in the HP article, higher than Chicago

Minneapolis's growth isn't predicated on blacks moving there either.

There really isn't a reason to go there for blacks aside from benefits which they are making harder to get.

And having lived in both cities, that Nerdwallet calculator isn't accurate.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know this, as I read the article.

I also posted it because it shows the the unemployment rate is higher in Chicago, while sporting a higher black population. It doesn't really defray from the point I was making.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
:mjpls:
i honestly though all blacks in MN were affiliated with Prince/ MN Sound, Jimmy Jam and a terry Lewis or Cardo:bryan:
I mean we not but honestly I am. My uncle went to middle and high school with Prince. My mom grew up down the street from Terry Lewis. My auntie was people's with Stokely from Mint Condition and their guitar player used to live across the street from me. Not only that but my mom was in Sounds of Blackness and I used to go to recording sessions at Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis's studio as a kid. I remember meeting Janet Jackson and playing Sega with New Edition and Boys 2 Men. OK top of that RL from Next stole my girl :mjcry:(we were 'on a break' and I was creeping but still)