Black neighborhoods in "Non-Black" Cities

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Pac story happened in Milwaukee at the Mecca arena. My mans was there. Said them Milwaukee goons chased Pac and his crew out the city :wow:

I ment Kenosha is middle class in general..i actually dont know alot about Kenosha blacks but it definitely isnt hood or anything over there. The blacks i do know are def not hood. Madison is definitely rougher than Kenosha. I wouldnt say there is a good city for blacks in all of Wisconsin to be honest... definitely not Milwaukee. Milwaukee is worse for blacks than Chicago. Most segregated city i've ever seen. 15th highest murder rate in 2016

Wow, your boy was actually there? Damn. I heard they had GD's driving up there from Chicago.

:wow:

Milwaukee really is a smaller "Up Lake Michigan" version of Chicago.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Wow, your boy was actually there? Damn. I heard they had GD's driving up there from Chicago.

:wow:

Milwaukee really is a smaller "Up Lake Michigan" version of Chicago.

Milwaukee kinda surreal to be in. One side of the street will be clearly rich and white, the other side will be clearly more poor and downtrodden :wow:. fukked up place and they share the same aspect with chicago in that those cacs be racist as hell

What's the story on this?

Pac didnt go into detail like my mans did but:deadmanny:.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Speak on it sista!!

:blessed:

What's Charleston like? What's it like growing up Black in Appalachia? The Appalachians are the Whitest sub-regions of The South.

:ohhh:
It's got its ups and downs. If you're looking for good nightlife Huntington and Morgantown are more of the place to be. It's pretty quiet, and if you die of boredom quite easily, it's not the place to be. People will say hello to you on the streets (tho that might be changing based on what my cousins are saying).

I know a lot of people always ask me if it's super racist there, the answer I always give is there are racists in WV, but for the most part they like to stay in Sissonville (in Charleston, but they stay pretty tight lipped) Hurricane (Cabell County) and Winfield (Putnam County), but when I lived in WV I hadn't had anyone call me the N-word or anything like that. Black people kinda live all over in Charleston (outside of Sissonville) so there's no one neighborhood really, unless you got money like that. It's also pretty cheap there as well.

As for living in the "Appalachians" (I'm more small town girl, not boondocks lol), I grew up there so I feel like I really got to enjoy being a kid. I went out and played, did little league, and did a lot of normal kid things. I also have a huge family on both sides that live in the area so there's that.

Also you gotta watch white junkies. They love meth out there, I'm not sure if heroin is becoming a thing out there, but growing up they did talk about a meth lab that had one of the girls in there coochie on fire.

Plus there's this guy

Randy Moss

and then some WVU players that I like
Karl Joseph:

Stedman Bailey:

Tavon Austin:

Last edited:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
But LA's Black History is GLOBALLY known. That's the point of my thread. I wanna know about cities that aren't associated with Blackness. The fact that LA is only 10% Black and is still has some of the most globally influential Black cultural exports, says that LA's Black population is known. Bloods, Crips, US Organization, West-coast Hip-Hop, Central Ave/West Coast Jazz. LA could decrease to 1% Black and still be one of the most culturally influential cities in terms of Black culture.

I think because it's an entertainment based economy out there as well as America's 2nd largest city than anything else.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
It's got its ups and downs. If you're looking for good nightlife Huntington and Morgantown are more of the place to be. It's pretty quiet, and if you die of boredom quite easily, it's not the place to be. People will say hello to you on the streets (tho that might be changing based on what my cousins are saying).

I know a lot of people always ask me if it's super racist there, the answer I always give is there are racists in WV, but for the most part they like to stay in Sissonville (in Charleston, but they stay pretty tight lipped) Hurricane (Cabell County) and Winfield (Putnam County), but when I lived in WV I hadn't had anyone call me the N-word or anything like that. Black people kinda live all over in Charleston (outside of Sissonville) so there's no one neighborhood really, unless you got money like that. It's also pretty cheap there as well.

As for living in the "Appalachians" (I'm more small town girl, not boondocks lol), I grew up there so I feel like I really got to enjoy being a kid. I went out and played, did little league, and did a lot of normal kid things. I also have a huge family on both sides that live in the area so there's that.

Also you gotta watch white junkies. They love meth out there, I'm not sure if heroin is becoming a thing out there, but growing up they did talk about a meth lab that had one of the girls in there coochie on fire.

Plus there's this guy

Randy Moss

Karl Joseph:

Stedman Bailey:

Tavon Austin:

Hmm, Morgantown has the college atmosphere. So there isn't one specific Black area in Charleston? I thought there would be. They got a town named Hurricane in WV?

:krs:

Black folks must be coming into WV from the surrounding cities and states.

I wonder tho, do you have the accent Black Barbie?

:lupe:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Hmm, Morgantown has the college atmosphere. So there isn't one specific Black area in Charleston? I thought there would be. They got a town named Hurricane in WV?

:krs:

Black folks must be coming into WV from the surrounding cities and states.

I wonder tho, do you have the accent Black Barbie?

:lupe:
Not one specifically that I can recall. People kinda live where they can (aka cheapest to rent or buy a house). Yea, there's a Hurricane in WV (pronounced Hur-Ri-CUNN). I also forgot to mention there aren't a lot of other races in WV either, but I know South Asians live in WV, and there's a liquor store owned by some. When I last talked to my cousin she said a lot were coming in from Detroit, but yea there are people coming from up north and some of the other surrounding states.

I had a big country accent in my early teens when I moved to LA, but it might not be as prominent anymore (I don't think I have a valley girl accent because my cousins would've told me) I might do that accent challenge and y'all can tell me if y'all hear it.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Minneapolis-St Paul has large black populations. North/South Minneapolis, East St. Paul, Brooklyn Center/Park, Fridley, and East Bloomington just to name a few. A lot of people come from Chicago up here because the cost of living is lower, there are more jobs available, and there is less violence in general.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

Plus there's this guy

Randy Moss

Karl Joseph:

Stedman Bailey:

Tavon Austin:

Ya'll be moving to Columbus...a very peculiar collection of folks.
I fukks with it.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know this. Boston has a lot of Black people? :ohhh:

I thought it was nothing but a bunch of Irish cacs?

What type of Black people? West Africans, Black Americans, etc.?

What parts of town? Neighborhoods?

What the women look like? :shaq:

all of the mentioned

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Idk if this count but uptown and north MIA, LIL Haiti, Overton and Liberty are islands in a sea of cubans.

Granted mostly black caribbeans though.

Amercan brehs would be pleasantly surprised to see just how many blacks are here until they find out that many are on that American :mjpls: .

Not only that, you have girls as dark as Serena Williams walking around with white cubans talking about "Latina unity" :snoop:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
theres a lot of black folk here in anchorage alaska where im currently living. majority ive met are from the south - louisiana, arkansas, florida and south carolina to name a few. theres a few sudanese folk as well. anchorage is really diverse. its a good mix cacs, blacks, asians, polynesians, hispanics and native alaskans.

ive also notice theres a lot of dominicans lately. but i dont know if we can categorize them as black papi :mjpls:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
When I was driving trucks over the road (meaning all over the u.s) I would be shocked and relieved at the same time to see black people in certain places. Places like Iowa, Minneapolis, Wisconsin.

I had stopped in Davenport, Iowa last year to watch game 7 of the Finals and was blown away at how many blacks were there.

I grew up in the south so I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to other places. I know blacks are all over but certain places aren't automatically associated with black people so its a shock to outsiders like myself