Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Yeah you'll run into them in the snowy area after Kang Jin-Star
(one you don't even have to fight, just find and absorb)

I pray you sit Kang Jin-Star down soon, all that damn electricity :bryan:

200w.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Bare bones? are you kidding me? there are a ton of mechanics and depth to each mechanic and sub meta games you have to play.

That is just confusing to me.

You must have played 20 minutes to think that.

3 hours. Thank god they still let me refund this shyt past 2 :whew:

On either side of the spectrum this shyt didnt measure up. It had a million invisible walls so exploration is meh. As a combat showcase its no dmc, nioh, hell even strangers of paradise. If it tried to be a souls like its bad at that too.

If you like I love it and Im not about to argue over it. I think the shyt is mid in comparsion to the aforementioned titles.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Don't bother, buddy is literally judging the game off what he played post-opening cinematic.

For someone who has played "every ilk of this type of game" you'd know better, especially that generic ass formula to combat he posted.

If a linear action game isnt gripping me in 3 hours why keep playing :mjlol:

Id up receipts for all them other shyts Im not just talking out of my ass. Crodie asked if he should buy I said its aight and wait for a sell. Cop Nioh 2 instead. thats my opinion :hubie:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people didn't buy this off of hype :ld:

I sure did and I was shocked at how barebones it was after the opening cinematic. light attack x 4, build focus. bonk enemy. dodge dodge dodge. freeze them. repeat. for bosses do this but for 10x longer. kill one boss, 8 minutes later another.
How far are you?

To be fair, I was feeling this way early on but the game opens up and how you switch stances, what skills you prioritize and how you can use focus strategically opens the combat up quite a bit

Edit: saw you were 3 hours in, fair enough if you don't like it, but it gets a lot more interesting

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
How far are you?

To be fair, I was feeling this way early on but the game opens up and how you switch stances, what skills you prioritize and how you can use focus strategically opens the combat up quite a bit

I refunded this shyt after I beat a big head nikka. Was like uhhh, thats it? Light light dodge dodge. Hit tommy pickles for a 2% damage. Dodge dodge. Freeze em. For comparison the first several hours in nioh 2 u are flooded with options weapons and mechanics. If I gotta play half way thru a boss rush actuon game for me to finally feel it thats too long. Thats just me though.

shyt was not compelling. I got a crazy backlog. Ill cop on sale once they fix the optimization to at least play it as a spectacle piece.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
3 hours. Thank god they still let me refund this shyt past 2 :whew:

On either side of the spectrum this shyt didnt measure up. It had a million invisible walls so exploration is meh. As a combat showcase its no dmc, nioh, hell even strangers of paradise. If it tried to be a souls like its bad at that too.

If you like I love it and Im not about to argue over it. I think the shyt is mid in comparsion to the aforementioned titles.
what chapter were you in when you quit

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I refunded this shyt after I beat a big head nikka. Was like uhhh, thats it? Light light dodge dodge. Hit tommy pickles for a 2% damage. Dodge dodge. Freeze em. For comparison the first several hours in nioh 2 u are flooded with options weapons and mechanics. If I gotta play half way thru a boss rush actuon game for me to finally feel it thats too long. Thats just me though.

shyt was not compelling. I got a crazy backlog. Ill cop on sale once they fix the optimization to at least play it as a spectacle piece.
Fair enough breh

I think the devs putting the Wight there was a very strange decision and really have no clue why they did that lol. Especially since you can't even collect the item he drops if you fight him right away. It's a bad boss fight when you're that low level and have no skills or damage at that point

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Fair enough breh

I think the devs putting the Wight there was a very strange decision and really have no clue why they did that lol. Especially since you can't even collect the item he drops if you fight him right away.
It's just to teach new players you can come back if you need I think, From does this too

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's just to teach new players you can come back if you need I think, From does this too
Yeah that's what I thought too. And the cicada sequence is telling you to keep moving. Still, this game and Elden brought in a new audience who don't know that yet lol it's kinda mean