Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Stone Vanguard actually seemed like he was going to be easy to beat. I took the first 2 attempts to just feel him out & see his move set, which seemed super limited. But fast forward an hour later & I still haven't beaten him yet & I don't even understand why :dead:

One nit pick complaint that I have, is having to run all the way back through the map after you die to get back to a boss fight. I don't know why they just don't put shrines before all of them. It takes like 90 seconds of running & dodging enemies you've already killed to get back to Stone Vanguard after every attempt.

There are a couple ways to be beat Stone Vanguard, head up like all other bosses or

Find the 6 Budha Eyes and activate the other stone boss in his room and let them fight. Then you finish off the winner

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Agreed. I'm assuming I was at him earlier than I was supposed to be or I just completely missed the mechanic to make him easy but he pissed me off for a good 40 mins.

If you take out the boss at the top of the pagoda jail/hell you'll get rid of that annoying half-your-health mechanic.
I'm not sure if there's anything else to make him easier.

I think beating Captain LV unlocks the purple seals on those cells that have em

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
If you take out the boss at the top of the pagoda jail/hell you'll get rid of that annoying half-your-health mechanic.
I'm not sure if there's anything else to make him easier.

I think beating Captain LV unlocks the purple seals on those cells that have em
Yeah I ended up killing him before I killed Captain Wise-Voice. I also noticed the seals were gone.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Yeah I ended up killing him before I killed Captain Wise-Voice. I also noticed the seals were gone.

Last one I swear! :pachaha:

Did you talk to the prisoner in the cell next to where you spawned in that place?

He put me on to the captains. Once you get all 4 go back to him and he'll give you a new weapon

it's a spear instead of a pole, and uses the thrust moveset

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Last one I swear! :pachaha:

Did you talk to the prisoner in the cell next to where you spawned in that place?

He put me on to the captains. Once you get all 4 go back to him and he'll give you a new weapon

it's a spear instead of a pole, and uses the thrust moveset
I did...that's whats up, I wasn't sure what to make of the captains though - I'm assuming I'll know them when I run into them?

I been using the Kang-Jin Staff with the Lightening effect

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I did...that's whats up, I wasn't sure what to make of the captains though - I'm assuming I'll know them when I run into them?

I been using the Kang-Jin Staff with the Lightening effect

Yeah you'll run into them in the snowy area after Kang Jin-Star
(one you don't even have to fight, just find and absorb)

I pray you sit Kang Jin-Star down soon, all that damn electricity :bryan:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its sitting at overwhelmingly positive 96%...Elden Ring is at 92%.

You telling me this is a better game than ER :bryan: That score signifies damn near perfection and this is not it

It’s definitely no elden ring, mostly because exploration is a big part of elden ring And fromsoft games, the dungeons especially. This is like a no frills streamlined version of a fromsoft game, more like Sekiro.

I’d say for ME its cruising around the level of Stellar Blade and Lies of P for action games which i really like.

i could also see why a lot of people could prefer somethign more linear over elden ring also. Some people just want to get to the shyts. I also think you’re slightly off on the mechanics, they are definitely deeper than you give it credit for and im only just now at the end of chapter 1

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Bare bones? are you kidding me? there are a ton of mechanics and depth to each mechanic and sub meta games you have to play.

That is just confusing to me.

You must have played 20 minutes to think that.
Don't bother, buddy is literally judging the game off what he played post-opening cinematic.

For someone who has played "every ilk of this type of game" you'd know better, especially that generic ass formula to combat he posted.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Pro tip: if you start charging your focus in smash stance you can switch to another stance while holding triangle and then use the special attack of the other stance you just switched to just keep holding triangle and let go when you're ready to use i because the other two stances when you charge them they charge very slow

Edit: you gotta hold R1 also so you can sprint in circles...so you hold R1 and triangle and when you sprint towards an enemy just let go of triangle and boom you can spam that all day..