Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
People in here moaning about others initiating “console wars” yet will engage the so called instigators. Yet I asked legit questions about the game and no one can answer legit queries .:comeon:

I appreciate you are all in the honeymoon phase with this game but it would be great to get some actual feedback for those of us on the fence. How far have some of you got? Reviews report technical issues in later chapters is that the case?

Also is there a sub option to leave on the original audio as opposed to a dub? Is it true the game is full of invisible walls? Can anyone detail the overall length of the chapters as a lot more people are now confirming that the 15hr playtime is legit.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I appreciate you are all in the honeymoon phase with this game but it would be great to get some actual feedback for those of us on the fence. How far have some of you got? Reviews report technical issues in later chapters is that the case?

Also is there a sub option to leave on the original audio as opposed to a dub? Is it true the game is full of invisible walls? Can anyone detail the overall length of the chapters as a lot more people are now confirming that the 15hr playtime is legit.
It's only been 3 days since this game came out, so many of us are still in the honeymoon phase. I don't think anyone has gotten further than Chapter 3 and according to the reviewers, the technical issues they ran across happen much later.

Yes there is a subtitle option, you don't have to listen to the English dub.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Don’t think it’s a case of the game just breaking down later. It’s just as the enemies and set pieces get larger and more elaborate the framerate chugs. With the way the game is rendered that doesn’t really result in slowdown, but you get lots more of the ghosting and artifacts with fast movement.

Yes the game is full of invisible walls. Literally waste high stuff you can’t jump on/over. Pathways it looks like you could go down but they are just dead end invisible walls.

game has a jump button but there’s very little reason to use it when traversing the levels. The graphics are good, but it makes the levels feel kinda stale and fake knowing you can’t really interact with anything.

Chapter 2 was pretty big in size, it took me a while to make it through as i searched every pathway i could, but due to the aforementioned level design issues it was kinda frustrating to actually explore the level.

Seems 15-20 hours is accurate if you aren’t gonna spend the time searching every pathway, but the game has lots of content if you are willing to engage with it. Could see people spending 40+ hours with it easily.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Back to the game:

There was a lot hidden away in chapter 2.
It seems empty at first but figuring out what to do with the NPCs can get you into a whole bunch of boss fights

Read the stance upgrades well

Took me way longer than I want to admit to understand that you can power through attacks in smash stance if you time your mid-combo power move (w focus) to hit as they hit you.

In pillar you've got the benefits of dodging ground attacks while on the pole (pause), but the spinarooni can crowd control well and gives good damage mitigation if upgraded

Thrust stance...abuse that tactical retreat :whew:

The weak gets you quick hits in that can be upgraded to boost crits and the heavy will body anyone if you have a focus point
If you time it right it can get you temporary invincibility too

once you get the flow it's like playing a different game :dead:

I'm sure same day soon, someone is going to figure out the perfect way to exploit all the stances
and just be dancing through these fights damage free :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't booted this up, bought it yesterday. I'll get into it today. I bought it on Steam. Seems like that PS5 pro is needed asap.