Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Coming immediately off of elden ring I don’t feel any input lag.
Resolution is rough in parts and the map is full of invisible walls but the controls are as responsive as any other game and the combat is addictive
It’s literally a quantifiable fact, the game has added input lag, if you are playing elden ring on ps5 it would have similar response time cause it rarely runs above the VRR activation point.

I’m sure lots of people’s problem with getting the dodge timing down is due to the added lag.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I just beat the ice dragon from one of the old trailers from years ago. About a quarter into chapter 3 and the section after the dragon is the longest stint without a boss fight I've seen so far. Adds an interesting, but annoying new mechanic on this level.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I don't know if any of you have stumbled upon Red Loong but buddy gave me fits until I accidently stumbled on how to beat him.

This was going to be my last run because it was late and I was tired and getting sloppy

Breh :leon:

I did and barley made it :sadcam:

I thought about where I ran into that barrier before. Go to rockrest…He got a brother with the bs

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Breh :leon:

I did and barley made it :sadcam:

I thought about where I ran into that barrier before. Go to rockrest…He got a brother with the bs

Yeah I ran into brother Black as well. Didn't clip the whole video, forgot waiting out those ground pounds put me over 3mins

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It’s literally a quantifiable fact, the game has added input lag, if you are playing elden ring on ps5 it would have similar response time cause it rarely runs above the VRR activation point.

I’m sure lots of people’s problem with getting the dodge timing down is due to the added lag.
:dahell:I’ve had no problem at all with the response time. Beat 3 bosses and not a single time have I perceived any input lag.
I’m playing on balanced mode (or whatever they call it).
The resolution definitely takes a hit but the controls are snappy. I haven’t seen a single digital foundry video on this game. I’m just speaking from my personal experience with the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dahell:I’ve had no problem at all with the response time. Beat 3 bosses and not a single time have I perceived any input lag.
I’m playing on balanced mode (or whatever they call it).
The resolution definitely takes a hit but the controls are snappy. I haven’t seen a single digital foundry video on this game. I’m just speaking from my personal experience with the game.
“Balanced” mode is more responsive than the performance mode because it doesn’t use that frame gen fukkery.

Framerate is just all over the place.

All you guys are proving is that you don’t care about framerates in the way you pretended to care in the past :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
“Balanced” mode is more responsive than the performance mode because it doesn’t use that frame gen fukkery.

Framerate is just all over the place.

All you guys are proving is that you don’t care about framerates in the way you pretended to care in the past :manny:
I certainly care about it when it affects gameplay.
I just haven’t had the experience you’re describing. The game plays great. Resolution is a valid complaint although considering how dense the environments are it’s kind of understandable. Few games can pull off what horizon zero Dawn does.
The game is very fun, not sure why people are scouring the internet to nitpick. It’s selling incredibly well, has a cool story, great enemy design, and the combat is very engaging and has plenty of layers of depth as you progress.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Yeah I ran into brother Black as well. Didn't clip the whole video, forgot waiting out those ground pounds put me over 3mins

Yeah the dumb ground pound was the only real trouble of that fight. Too sluggish with the jump response.

I figured it out right after though :troll:

Then let the squad handle that.