Black Men in Detroit Barbershop are hesitant to vote for Kamala Harris

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
The rise in attention to police shootings during Obama's presidency wasn't because they exploded out of nowhere, it's just that technology like smartphones made it harder to ignore. Obama didn't have control over local prosecutions either; that's up to state prosecutors and grand juries. But his DOJ actually did something by investigating police departments and pushing for, and instituting reforms, unlike Trump, who reversed those efforts and gave cops more power.

This all went out the window when Trump put Jeff Sessions in charge. The Biden admin. reinstated it, but those set-backs didn't disappear.

Saying "nothing changes no matter who's in office" ignores how Democrats have pushed for reforms, while Republicans doubled down on defending the status quo and reversing those reforms. The constant shifts creates the instability that harms long term progress, and give people who don't really pay attention the impression that nothing changes regardless of who's in office.

And calling Kamala just "a cop" is an oversimplification that ignores that she also pushed reforms. Dismissing it all as the same is a lazy take.

SCOTUS established qualified immunity long before him, and his DOJ actually took steps to investigate police practices and push through reforms aimed at holding officers accountable. Eight years in office isn't enough time to fix hundreds of years of America's systemic issues. Ongoing challenges in law enforcement require persistent advocacy and reform that goes beyond any single presidency. The frequent shifts between parties, with one supporting reform and the other favoring regression, hinder the progress needed for lasting change.
Bro, there is no point talking politics to @CHICAGO. My dawg was taught politics by Tariq Nasheed and has admitted multiple times he knows nothing about politics. He knows nothing outside of Tariq propaganda. It's a waste of time trying to have a conversation with bro.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bro, there is no point talking politics to @CHICAGO. My dawg was taught politics by Tariq Nasheed and has admitted multiple times he knows nothing about politics. He knows nothing outside of Tariq propaganda. It's a waste of time trying to have a conversation with bro.

ARE YOU INSANE?

YOU LITERALLY MADE THAT UP.

THIS INDIAN WENCH GOT
YOU nikkaS LOSING YOUR MINDS AROUND HERE.

REACH OUT TO YOUR DETROIT
BROTHERS AND GET THEM IN LINE
:devil:
:evil:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Anyone claiming that Democrats have been the "most anti-Black" party over the past 30 years is a liar and a bad actor trying to carry water for Republicans.

They've championed reducing mandatory minimum sentences, supported ending private prisons, advocated for scheduling reforms, and led the push for police reforms to address systemic racism in law enforcement.

Beyond criminal justice, Democrats have fought for policies like expanding healthcare access through the Affordable Care Act (specifically the Medicaid expansion), which disproportionately benefits Black people. They've also advocated for affordable housing initiatives, incorporated racial equity into federal budgeting and policy-making, increased the share of federal procurement contracts for Black-owned businesses, tackled environmental racism through the Justice40 initiative, and supported voting rights protections aimed at countering modern voter suppression efforts that disproportionately affect Black voters.

The Republican Party, meanwhile, has actively opposed policies aimed at promoting racial equity. This includes their opposition to affirmative action, which was dismantled by the SCOTUS ruling, eliminating race-conscious admissions in higher education and causing a chilling effect that ended Black-focused policies and programs everywhere, including Black-specific scholarships and education initiatives.

Republican-led states have also passed laws limiting or banning the teaching of comprehensive Black history, demonized critical race theory (without understanding what it truly meant), which resulted in the erasure of lessons on systemic racism and historical context from educational curriculum. The "not the most anti-Black" party is also pushing "colorblind" policies that ignore the ongoing effects of historical racial inequities.

Republicans have consistently undermined Black-specific legislation and voting rights protections. Since the 2013 Shelby County v. Holder decision, which weakened key provisions of the Voting Rights Act (thanks to Edward Blum via DonorsTrust and other big-money Republican donors), Republican-controlled states have enacted strict voter ID laws, limited early voting, and made it harder to vote by closing polling stations and shutting down DMVs in Black neighborhoods, measures that disproportionately impact Black voters.

Their opposition to student debt relief (forgiving Pell Grants would have disproportionately helped Black borrowers) and to expanding social safety nets, both of which disproportionately benefit Black Americans, further underscores their pattern of undermining policies that address racial disparities. Additionally, they sued to block Black farmers from receiving crucial relief, after white farmers received 99% of COVID relief funds during Trump’s administration.

Make no mistake, I'm not making any excuses for the 1994 crime bill, but they have worked to reform past mistakes and champion policies that benefit Black communities. In contrast, the modern Republican Party has consistently opposed everything from Black education initiatives and Black-specific legislation to voting rights protections. They push policies that erode racial equity and equality.

Anyone claiming Democrats are the "most anti-Black" party is intentionally ignoring which party has promoted racial justice over the past 30 years and which one has worked to harm it. It also ignores who is currently pushing the same failed tough-on-crime policies from 1994.

Is that me claiming Democrats are perfect? Hell no. The most "anti-Black" party of the past 30 years? That's a no too.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

LMAO

WE TALKING ABOUT
"COPS KILLING nikkaS WITH IMMUNITY"

THEY DID OVER AND OVER UNDER OBAMA.

ALL OF THIS OTHER WEAK shyt
YOU nikkaS ARE BRINGING UP
WERE MEANT FOR PPL LIKE YOU.

:devil:
:evil:

Sohh....

This false equivalence.

When Trump set up martial law. Afyer lying on the Baltimore uprising. Bringing in tanks.
Which occurred because a parent caught a cop assaulting a child. That created a riot. When bmore police basically said fukk this underage child.
While dually.
In the south....
There was also a cover up.
for the south Carolina cop shooting an innocent man in the back. As well as the IA cover up. All at the same time. To keep the truth from being exposed. Are you going to have the same what about-ism. When they kick yo d'oh.. saying false charges of martial law.
rounding us all up in kuklos yard cross burning madness.
In another attempted coup. Like wtf are you closeted c00ns false equivalence narrative goofie lames talembout.

You giving passes to dictatorship and coups.

While talking divisively about democratic lesser evils.
in a false narrative and equivalence.

You sound goofie as that thang.

All this bullshyt kuklos you talking.
has names for the bullshyt verbiage you are spewing.
Yousa c00n breh.

Go watch ip man. To find out what happened.
to false equivalence based traitors.

Chu tweak'n.
I know you lack knowledge of self.
You let your pleather African medallion show and need to tuck that fake flaug'n badge of fake black nationalism. No one In the know is fooled.

I know you flaug'n.

As I was actually there in the bmore Marshall law area. There live watching all the lies told.

Sohh stop the cap breh.

You are a traitor mutinous clandestinedn tongued c00n. = @CHICAGO

how long you been saying bullshyt like this?

where did you even get this type of talk from. It sure as hell was not.
In a grassroots street environment in tha go?

Where you doing all this c00n dialogue in the chi?

No real nikka in chicago.
would let you say this shyt out loud.

Why you come online and say shyt.
you know not allowed nowhere publically frfr in the chi To say.

Stop flaug'n online.

What city?
What side?
What street you from?

You say you from the Chi

I can't tell.

Art Barr

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
obama's Justice Department implemented a lot of the policies that did hold cops accountable. Just like Trump releasing drug dealers. Obama actually visited a federal prison while being a sitting president and instructed his ppl to look for non violent offenders to pardon. Trump just piggybacked off that.
Name one cop Obama's justice department "held accountable". ONE.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The common denominator for Pro Trumpers is money and issues related to money.
Nah let's be honest it's ignorance. Always the idea that shyt was better under Trump that wasn't. Then the fools that don't understand there's been a global downturn on most economies in the same time period post covid. Same increase in cost of living... Not just America worldwide. People who attribute shyt that Biden didn't do to him or shyt that Trump didn't do to him are idiots.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Name one cop Obama's justice department "held accountable". ONE.
BeerSummit.jpg

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
GOD I fukking hate republican voters

The amount of whataboutism is a result of uncontrollable amount of social media data that comes up everyday. Why learn things happening in the world when you can read shyt you wanna see.

"your president candidate and his richest supporters are fascist and they don't even hide it"

"bu bu but what good did democrats do, bu bu but kamala is indian, bu bu but they all bad"

It's sad because we are approaching 1930s-40s. There's never been that many radicalized a$$holes since ww2.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Anyone claiming that Democrats have been the "most anti-Black" party over the past 30 years is a liar and a bad actor trying to carry water for Republicans.

They've championed reducing mandatory minimum sentences, supported ending private prisons, advocated for scheduling reforms, and led the push for police reforms to address systemic racism in law enforcement.

Beyond criminal justice, Democrats have fought for policies like expanding healthcare access through the Affordable Care Act (specifically the Medicaid expansion), which disproportionately benefits Black people. They've also advocated for affordable housing initiatives, incorporated racial equity into federal budgeting and policy-making, increased the share of federal procurement contracts for Black-owned businesses, tackled environmental racism through the Justice40 initiative, and supported voting rights protections aimed at countering modern voter suppression efforts that disproportionately affect Black voters.

The Republican Party, meanwhile, has actively opposed policies aimed at promoting racial equity. This includes their opposition to affirmative action, which was dismantled by the SCOTUS ruling, eliminating race-conscious admissions in higher education and causing a chilling effect that ended Black-focused policies and programs everywhere, including Black-specific scholarships and education initiatives.

Republican-led states have also passed laws limiting or banning the teaching of comprehensive Black history, demonized critical race theory (without understanding what it truly meant), which resulted in the erasure of lessons on systemic racism and historical context from educational curriculum. The "not the most anti-Black" party is also pushing "colorblind" policies that ignore the ongoing effects of historical racial inequities.

Republicans have consistently undermined Black-specific legislation and voting rights protections. Since the 2013 Shelby County v. Holder decision, which weakened key provisions of the Voting Rights Act (thanks to Edward Blum via DonorsTrust and other big-money Republican donors), Republican-controlled states have enacted strict voter ID laws, limited early voting, and made it harder to vote by closing polling stations and shutting down DMVs in Black neighborhoods, measures that disproportionately impact Black voters.

Their opposition to student debt relief (forgiving Pell Grants would have disproportionately helped Black borrowers) and to expanding social safety nets, both of which disproportionately benefit Black Americans, further underscores their pattern of undermining policies that address racial disparities. Additionally, they sued to block Black farmers from receiving crucial relief, after white farmers received 99% of COVID relief funds during Trump’s administration.

Make no mistake, I'm not making any excuses for the 1994 crime bill, but they have worked to reform past mistakes and champion policies that benefit Black communities. In contrast, the modern Republican Party has consistently opposed everything from Black education initiatives and Black-specific legislation to voting rights protections. They push policies that erode racial equity and equality.

Anyone claiming Democrats are the "most anti-Black" party is intentionally ignoring which party has promoted racial justice over the past 30 years and which one has worked to harm it. It also ignores who is currently pushing the same failed tough-on-crime policies from 1994.

Is that me claiming Democrats are perfect? Hell no. The most "anti-Black" party of the past 30 years? That's a no too.
A lot of babbling about nothing without addressing the questions. :unimpressed:

1. Name one Republican policy in the last 30 years that was more destructive to the black community than Biden’s crime bills?

2. Name one republican narrative since integration about black people that was more racist than the “super predator” narratives curated by Hilary Clinton and Biden.

3. Name one republican president that incarcerated more black men than Kamala Harris.

4. Which party is pushing the most anti-black male narrative right now as we speak? :sas2:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Quotes from the Black Men at that shop

- "I think it's a coinflip on who is going to win, it's pretty much 50/50"
- "I'm still in between myself. Being an Entrepreneur, Father, and Grandfather, I am worried on the state of the country 10 years from now"
- "I'm voting for Trump, because my eyes are open, I can see. The economy under him was doing a lot better then what we are going through right now. You can't even go to the grocery stores without making a life decision on which groceries you want to get"
- "Living on a day to day basis has become harder now"
- "There are some benefits from Trump on keeping our jobs right here in America, and not going overseas. And the working class needs more job security for citizens in this country"
- "As far as Immigration goes, lets face it. Individuals right now are coming to this country who not only illegals, but they are also criminals"
- "Was it not Kamala Harris who supported de-fund the police?"
- "I feel anyone supporting Donald Trump has a slavery mentality. At the same time, you can not put the burden of the economy and blaming any one political party"
- "What's wrong with alot of us is that we vote on emotion. We can't have an opinion without someone being mad or upset with us on our political decisions"

2-3 weeks until November. I could already tell Election day is going to be crazy :whew:

I’ll bet all my coli cash none of these dudes are registered to vote.

Meanwhile I voted on the first day of early voting in Georgia on Tuesday at the MLK polling place in Cascade. The aunties, grandmas and grand dads were deep. The women were singing spirituals in the parking lot.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
A lot of babbling about nothing without addressing the questions. :unimpressed:

1. Name one Republican policy in the last 30 years that was more destructive to the black community than Biden’s crime bills?

2. Name one republican narrative since integration about black people that was more racist than the “super predator” narratives curated by Hilary Clinton and Biden.

3. Name one republican president that incarcerated more black men than Kamala Harris.

4. Which party is pushing the most anti-black male narrative right now as we speak? :sas2:
my nikka....the dems of the 90s shifted to "tough on crime" stances BECAUSE they were losing to republicans who were already "tough on crime". The Crime Bill and ensuing push for harsher sentencing/militarization of the police were bipartisan efforts . Have you ever heard of Mike Dukakis and the Willie Horton ad? It changed the landscape of Democrat politics as we know it.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
29C68CB39A5D2875CF056865323FD746B8E014B6

You think those dmes are your allies??? they didnt just literally flood black chicago neighborhoods with illegals and gve them tons of money to destroy the black vote??? The dems and copmala unveils plan for black america, and then when you read the fine print it says AND OTHERS...

You really are happy with us being a permanent underclass at the hands of the DNC... just admit it...You put that party over our people...

So you believe under a 2nd Trump Presidency Black people will do better?

Please elaborate?