Black Men in Detroit Barbershop are hesitant to vote for Kamala Harris

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The blue alert law is basically an amber alert system for cops, not some qualified immunity law. You got that talking point from Tariq (who doesn't understand it either)

29C68CB39A5D2875CF056865323FD746B8E014B6

IT'S STILL OPTICALLY A BAD LOOK THAT SAYS OBAMA SIDING WITH THE COPS OVER THE PEOPLE!!! AFTER ALL THESE HIGH PROFILE MURDERS HE GAVE THEM AN AMBER ALERT SYSTEM?!?! YOU THINK THAT'S OK!!?:what: why are you bringing up tariq he has nothing to do with this....

that guy

Superstar
Daps
The blue alert law is basically an amber alert system for cops, not some qualified immunity law. You got that talking point from Tariq (who doesn't understand it either)
It's a law signed by Obama designed to protect cops at a time when they were the ones slaughtering black women and children while he wagged his fingers at protestors and called them "thugs"

Cops kill a black man while in police custody, and democrat barack obama says his "thoughts are with the police officers" with minor injuries during protests but republicans are the only ones who want to give the police qualified immunity. :mjlol:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I don't claim to be the most learned person out there, but this is something I've come to realize with age: the only reason I have a right to vote in 2024 is because of sacrifices people my granny and papa's age were making back in the day, well before I was born....even though there was a whole ass amendment to the Constitution giving my group the right to do so. Because of folks like Fannie Lou Hamer, this is the reason why I may have to only deal with the shenanigans of them unregistering me to vote each election (which I can easily remedy) versus having to deal with fukkery like poll taxes and literacy tests to exercise what is supposed to be my right as an American citizen.

Solidifying my right to vote in 2024 wasn't even something I played a part in; it was something that came completely about in my mama and daddy's generation, when they themselves were children. I look at this and realize that we really haven't had the right to vote that long, which is wild to me when I sit here and think about it.

I and everyone else on here who is black can vote because of the actions of people who lived before us. Which means...

If you have children now, please understand that the world they live in and their children as well...we are the ones shaping that future for them right now, even if we don't live to see what it fully blossoms into. If you don't have children of your own, maybe it doesn't hit the same for you. If I'm honest, maybe it wouldn't for me either if I didn't have my own children or my nieces and nephews. These are children I love and care about, and they have no legal right to vote. The world they will live in will be the one my generation leaves, just like I'm living on what my grandparents and parents managed to make happen (or not). They are literally dependent on the adults around them to be as politically responsible today so that they can have a future once they are adults, too.

All that said, I seriously cannot believe there are still black Americans still undecided about this shyt at this point - and I'm saying this as a someone who is not particularly crazy about Mrs. Harris. I've always understood though, it isn't even about me liking her - it's about me understanding the havoc a second Trump administration can foster if they get a second shot. All those quotes from the barbershop folks in the OP sounds short-sighted as hell. Lauding Trump as a choice because the economy was better under him, because it was easier to grocery shop, and a bunch of other shyt that only concerns the individual now versus looking ahead is showing how many lean into their emotions to gauge who will get their votes. It needs to be about what we can gain now, yes, but it can't just be about that.

Is there a black person on here who supports a second Trump administration who would be willing to explain it to me - what is your thought process? I ask in earnest because I do not know of any in real life (not any who openly admit they will be voting for it), and I really do want to understand. I'm genuinely curious as to what you are hoping to gain or how you think it will benefit not just your economic ventures but the world you hope to live in. How do you think a Trump administration today will set up your life, your family/friends and your community to flourish within the next ten years?

Again, I'm not perfect by a long shot. I'll say this though. As someone who is truly tired of the 2-party system we've somehow been forced into now in the US, I'm learning that if we really want to open that up to a third party - a VIABLE one and not just someone to throw a protest vote at - then it is going to require doing a whole lot of other stuff outside of election season. The point is, if we truly want to see a change, then it is going to require real effort on our part to make it happen.
Nobody here supports trump because can you explain why you think voting democrats is the better option when in the last 30 years the most anti-black party has been the democrats?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
29C68CB39A5D2875CF056865323FD746B8E014B6

IT'S STILL OPTICALLY A BAD LOOK THAT SAYS OBAMA SIDING WITH THE COPS OVER THE PEOPLE!!! AFTER ALL THESE HIGH PROFILE MURDERS HE GAVE THEM AN AMBER ALERT SYSTEM?!?! YOU THINK THAT'S OK!!?:what: why are you bringing up tariq he has nothing to do with this....

The law doesn't expand police power or shield officers from accountability, it simply creates a mechanism to alert the public about dangers facing law enforcement, much like how Amber Alerts help find missing children. It pales in comparison to the actual reforms his DOJ pushed through. Please man, stop playing dumb. Why are you guys so resistant to information?

that guy

Superstar
Daps
The only way you can logically think voting for Trump will help Black Americans advanced is if you think having a replay of the 60's and 70's will result in Black folks coming out better on the other side.

Because if he wins and he does what he is saying we will go back to the unrest of that era. It will get ugly.
The civil unrest is what led to the most progressive policies for black americans in US history: The civil rights bills of the 1960s. (Either though black people dropped the ball and stopped supporting black businesses and colleges)

The last 30-40 years of democrats has been coined "the new jim crow" based solely on their anti-black policies and narratives such as the "super predator" narrative. We just watched obama create a "black men are misogynistic" false narrative.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The law doesn't expand police power or shield officers from accountability, it simply creates a mechanism to alert the public about dangers facing law enforcement, much like how Amber Alerts help find missing children. It pales in comparison to the actual reforms his DOJ pushed through. Please man, stop playing dumb. Why are you guys so resistant to information?

OPTICALLY.... LITERALLY what I just said its not a good look... and you wonder why black men are literally turning against obama NOW.... :comeon: In real time after that demeaning lecture. he has nothing he did for black people... but go ahead and defend him...

that guy

Superstar
Daps
And it was signed into law at a time when people were protesting the proliferation of extrajudicial killings of black men by race soldiers you moron. It was a direct message from Obama that he has their back.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
:snoop: they sound about as misinformed and down right retarded as the hillbillies who are pro-Trump. Like it aint even Trump himself it's the ppl who will be placed in powerful positions and empowered by Trump. Even the threat of these far-right nutjobs plans of reshaping and rolling back yrs of progressive policies should be enough. I hate idiots. They don't understand that most of the shyt that helped blacks since the 60s was usually granted by the courts, not a bunch of legislation and votes. I can't even defend my fellow brethren who think like these ppl. Those are the low information black men they are attempting to lump us all together with. I hate idiots.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
OPTICALLY.... LITERALLY what I just said its not a good look... and you wonder why black men are literally turning against obama NOW.... :comeon: In real time after that demeaning lecture. he has nothing he did for black people... but go ahead and defend him...

Look at the first first comment:
"Trump should just give this speech and see how long it takes before they realize its Obama's words."

These dudes are retarded. Cops had qualified immunity under obama.