Black folks, do you consider Charlize Theron African-American?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
This nikka doesn't understand that Africa is a continent, not a country. And when it's pointed out to him he still doesn't understand.

You got nikkas drawing diagrams and shyt and this dumb nikka sitting there like :dwillhuh:

:russ:

Can you point out to me where i said Africa was a country?

cause i never did.

bytch nikka upset cause i used African-American to describe a white woman and is "b-b-but there are no Asian-Americans,No European-Americans....why are there African-Americans :to:?"

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
There are Europeans and Africans born in Asia who have lived there for generations and some move to Europe/America..the West in general. So I guess Asian Americans don't exist either. The only people who take this argument seriously are mouth breathers, people who want to use it to separate themselves from Africa and $hit stirrers trying to cause confusion (cacs).

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza

I didn't say shyt about dual citizenship.

how you gon tell me i'm wrong about some shyt i never said?

You don't have to say what you are talking about. Everyone can see from what you are typing. The point of proving you're argument lies on the foundation of comparing a continent and country as a defining factor for someone.

There is no way for her to be considered African-American. Maybe African-North American. You used the fact that she was a citizen of America as justification for calling her American. Because Africa is not a Nation, there's no way for her to be a citizen of Africa so the term African-American does not apply.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
No it's not, it was coined by Black Americans to refer to descendants of slaves.

Ms. Theron may be a South African American, but she's not an African American.

I feel ya breh

I don't consider myself African American, because the reality is that any of us that were born here and have descendants who were slaves have white blood in us. None of us are 100% African. The reason a majority of us are shades lighter than our African brethren.

I'm Black American to keep it simple because the truth is I don't know my ancestry past my great great grandparents.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This nikka doesn't understand that Africa is a continent, not a country. And when it's pointed out to him he still doesn't understand.

You got nikkas drawing diagrams and shyt and this dumb nikka sitting there like :dwillhuh:

:russ:

But she is African-American because she comes from the continent of Africa. Her country of origin is South Africa. How hard is it to understand? What Megatron is trying to convey is that the African-American term is a frivolous way of describing black people in this country. Black people here are as native as the Indians. If you're abroad in an African country, I bet you'll have more in common with a white person from America than a black African.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
What's the capital of Asia? :dwillhuh:
How many medals did North America win in the Olympics? :dwillhuh:
:russ: :russ: :russ:

:rudy: can you find where i said that Africa is a country? i'm still waiting.

can you read breh? or do you think that what you get from what someone typed= what was actually typed?

You don't have to say what you are talking about. Everyone can see from what you are typing. The point of proving you're argument lies on the foundation of comparing a continent and country as a defining factor for someone.

There is no way for her to be considered African-American. Maybe African-North American. You used the fact that she was a citizen of America as justification for calling her American. Because Africa is not a Nation, there's no way for her to be a citizen of Africa so the term African-American does not apply.

She's by birth, African..and is a native of South Africa..she's also a natualized US citizen. wouldn't that make her African-American?

you're the one trying to work this nationality bullshyt angle... not me.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
But she is African-American because she comes from the continent of Africa. Her country of origin is South Africa. How hard is it to understand? What Megatron is trying to convey is that the African-American term is a frivolous way of describing black people in this country. Black people here are as native as the Indians. If you're abroad in an African country, I bet you'll have more in common with a white person from America than a black African.

:snoop:

I'm gonna pose the question again. Why are there no European Americans or Asian Americans or South American Americans?

Have you ever heard any of these terms? No.

The only continent that gets paired with America is African American. This is wrong! These people have nations just like Chinese Americans and Italian Americans have nations.

Charlize is a South African American, not an African American.

The only reason for the term African American is because descendants of slaves are unable to trace their ancestry back to any one nation. As a result, African American is the most accurate term we have.

Charlize isn't in that category.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
So this what you all are doing

- Using continent of origin as an original qualifier (Africa)
- Then to prove your point and ignore logic, compare apples to oranges, and then use countries as a secondary qualifier (America)

I see the point that you all are trying to prove, but you're going about it in the most weak and frivolous matter, a matter that doesn't prove your point.

:rudy: can you find where i said that Africa is a country? i'm still waiting.

can you read breh? or do you think that what you get from what someone typed= what was actually typed?

She's by birth, African..and is a native of South Africa..she's also a natualized US citizen. wouldn't that make her African-American?

you're the one trying to work this nationality bullshyt angle... not me.

So you're saying Africa has a continental birth registry correct? And that there are no citizens of African nations, only Africa as a continent?

You're the one who keeps callin her American (a nationality). I'm not working any angle, just stating what you have already said. You're comparing nations and continents.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
NA_flag.jpg

Look yall. The North American flag. :ooh:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
:huh: wait I thought this was a troll thread.

OP was dead serious? :blink: