Black folks, do you consider Charlize Theron African-American?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

you have no point

When did the color of your skin= what country/place in the world you're from?

nd[/B]

Okay then smart negro, if skin color doesn't matter then WHY the hell doesnt the white guy from Africa check the African-American box?

And if skin color doesnt equate to that, then why can't I just consider myself American when my black relatives have been in america longer than the average white person who considers themself a "regular American"?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
:what: Are you fukking retarded, b?
Do we call Americans from Italy European Americans or do we call them Italian Americans?
fukk is wrong with your brain? :wtf:

reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

I wish you dumb nikkas would realize Africa ain't a country :damn:

We are trying to figure out someone's nationality

African-American = Continent-Nation (does not work)
South African-American = Nation-Nation (does work)

where not trying to figure a persons nationality... the point of this thread is to show nikkas how ambiguous and utterly stupid the term "African-American" is.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza

reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

where not trying to figure a persons nationality... the point of this thread is to show nikkas how ambiguous and utterly stupid the term "African-American" is.

But it's not ambiguous though. It's only ambiguous to people who don't realize that Africa is a continent. The only reason you are calling her "African-American" is because you are saying she is a dual citizen in two places (nationality),
She's From South Africa, and is a naturalized American citizen...

Even in that you are wrong because by definition she is not African-American. She's South African-American.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
1336481853_charlize-theron-son-article.jpg

Her kid is

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you guys are dumb as hell.

Here are the true definitions

African American = A black person whose ancestors were brought out of africa, into the Americas, as slaves. African Americans are blacks who DO NOT know where in Africa they are from.

Obama = NOT AN AFRICAN AMERICAN. He is a Kenyan American.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
Okay then smart negro, if skin color doesn't matter then WHY the hell doesnt the white guy from Africa check the African-American box?

And if skin color doesnt equate to that, then why can't I just consider myself American when my black relatives have been in america longer than the average white person who considers themself a "regular American"?

:what:

Cause African American is not a race/color... that's why he doesn't check it.

you can consider yourself American... your skin color doesn't negate what country you come from. just cause you're a Black American doesnt mean you're not a regular American

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
But it's not ambiguous though. It's only ambiguous to people who don't realize that Africa is a continent. The only reason you are calling her "African-American" is because you are saying she is a dual citizen in two places (nationality),

Even in that you are wrong because by definition she is not African-American. She's South African-American.

I didn't say shyt about dual citizenship.

how you gon tell me i'm wrong about some shyt i never said?

Daps
She is African American

The term itself is used incorrectly by black Americans

No it's not, it was coined by Black Americans to refer to descendants of slaves.

Ms. Theron may be a South African American, but she's not an African American.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
This nikka doesn't understand that Africa is a continent, not a country. And when it's pointed out to him he still doesn't understand.

You got nikkas drawing diagrams and shyt and this dumb nikka sitting there like :dwillhuh:

:russ: