Black folks, do you consider Charlize Theron African-American?

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
*Inb4GreatestLaker*:takedat:

while were at it...

Candice-Swanepoel-510.jpg
Damn, are you in the room with her?! That's one high-res fukking photo

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
for anyone who disagrees:

Definition of ASIAN-AMERICAN
: an American of Asian descent
— Asian–American adjective
Merriam-Webster

Definition of EURO-AMERICAN
1: a person of both European and American ancestry
2: an American of European and especially white European descent
merriam-webster

But naw, ppl dont refer to themselves as such

:snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I could consider myself to be the Greatest Of All Time but you know, it all depends on context, definition and stuff. Some people may disagree.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
You have done it in tons of posts without realizing it. That's what's so funny/pitiful.

Here's just one example:

In response to me asking why there are no "South American Americans" you said...

I was talking about a CONTINENT and you responded telling me about COUNTRIES.

This would lead one to believe you don't know the difference between the 2. Coupled with all the other asinine stuff you'd said, one would be lead to believe that you really are dumb enough to not know the difference.

:yeshrug:

you in here arguing that Italians aren't European, Nigerians aren't Africans.. Brazil isn't in South America etc.

Why are there no South American Americans? cause they're called Latino Americans :krs:

did it occur to you the entire point of this thread is to show how incorrectly the term African American is used? that it's used to describe blacks who live in america, not actual Africans who've came to America.

that must've went way over your head.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Yeah, this thread exposes the absurdity of the whole "African-American" thing. Yes, we don't know our exact heritage, but neither do most White folks. They'll be part Swedish, Dutch, British, French and everything else. We all been here 500 years now. That's like what 12 generations or something?

I'm Black, not African-American. My people been here longer than most White folks family, yet White people don't never refer to themselves as European-Americans.

But, technically speaking she is a racially Caucasian African-American.

Funnily enough, her and Tracy Morgan tackled this subject on Saturday Night Live like 10 years ago.

[ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xktxub_saturday-night-live-charlize-theron-monologue_fun]Saturday Night Live _ Charlize Theron Monologue - Video Dailymotion[/ame]

:snoop:

I'm gonna pose the question again. Why are there no European Americans or Asian Americans or South American Americans?

Have you ever heard any of these terms? No.

The only continent that gets paired with America is African American. This is wrong! These people have nations just like Chinese Americans and Italian Americans have nations.

I hear Asian-American everyday on TV, news, radio, etc. . .I don't know where you at to never hear Asian-American used. And South American Americans are generally just considered Latin-Americans.

They use that term when they don't know where the person is from exactly. Calling Jeremy Lin an Asian American would be pretty ignorant. That would mean you don't know he's Chinese American.

Um, no. I've never heard Asians object to that term. I'm pretty sure it's an official classification by now.

You do realize that someone can be a Chinese national and not be of Asian right? Well, maybe not China cuz they don't play that shyt. :laugh:

But Idris Alba is British but he is not European. Just like Charlize Theron is South African but not African.

There is a difference between countries and continents.

IDK if your inability to understand this is more comical or baffling.

Idris Elba absolutely is European. He's not Caucasian, but he is European.

If there was an acting Olympics tomorrow and they were splitting it up by continents, I'm pretty sure he'd be acting for Team Europe, not Team Africa or Team America.

If he's not European because he's not White, then none of us can be American, because we're not American Indians.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Yeah, this thread exposes the absurdity of the whole "African-American" thing. Yes, we don't know our exact heritage, but neither do most White folks. They'll be part Swedish, Dutch, British, French and everything else. We all been here 500 years now. That's like what 12 generations or something?

I'm Black, not African-American. My people been here longer than most White folks family, yet White people don't never refer to themselves as European-Americans.

But, technically speaking she is a racially Caucasian African-American.

Funnily enough, her and Tracy Morgan tackled this subject on Saturday Night Live like 10 years ago.

Saturday Night Live _ Charlize Theron Monologue - Video Dailymotion

I hear Asian-American everyday on TV, news, radio, etc. . .I don't know where you at to never hear Asian-American used. And South American Americans are generally just considered Latin-Americans.

Um, no. I've never heard Asians object to that term. I'm pretty sure it's an official classification by now.

Idris Elba absolutely is European. He's not Caucasian, but he is European.

If there was an acting Olympics tomorrow and they were splitting it up by continents, I'm pretty sure he'd be acting for Team Europe, not Team Africa or Team America.

If he's not European because he's not White, then none of us can be American, because we're not American Indians.

You're an American.

:umad: