Black folks, do you consider Charlize Theron African-American?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
you just proved my point...but you didnt even realize it.

No, I just made my own point.

in this race-based world, Perception >>>>>> actual truth/reality.

Obama is black, Halle Berry is black, Alicia Key's is black......because they LOOK black. Yet they came out of a white womans body.

Wentworth Miller, Grady Sizemore, etc are seen as white....despite being born of a white and a black person

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
"African-Americans" is a euphemism for dark skin/black Americans.

So in other words...the answer is no. :stopitslime:
its a false meaning though, technically charlize has been african american since 2007

i dont consider myself an african american cuz im not an african citizen, i consider myself black american :aicmon:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
You all realize that "African" is not a nationality right? :why: y'all so stupid?

Her nationality is South African-American, or South African, or American. No such thing as African-American as a nationality.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
you dont understand that the term "African-American" would encompass all countries in Africa ?

ol smart dumb nikka

:snoop: You're missing my whole point and embarrassing yourself in the process.
Why aren't there any Asian Americans or European Americans or South American Americans?

Why only African Americans?

I consider African Americans to be descendants of people who were enslaved in America. People whose African ancestry was stripped from their knowledge. In that case, African American will have to suffice.

But if you're from Nigeria, that should make you a Nigerian American, not an African American just like people from Italy are Italian Americans, not European Americans.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
No, I just made my own point.

in this race-based world, Perception >>>>>> actual truth/reality.

Obama is black, Halle Berry is black, Alicia Key's is black......because they LOOK black. Yet they came out of a white womans body.

Wentworth Miller, Grady Sizemore, etc are seen as white....despite being born of a white and a black person

you have no point

When did the color of your skin= what country/place in the world you're from?

if he was to fill out a voting application in this country... he'd obviously mark the box for White.

An African can look like Charlize Theron, Alek Wek, Muammar Gaddafi etc.... race doesn't equate to nationality nor does it mean anything you said is pertinent to the topic at hand

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

you have no point

When did the color of your skin= what country/place in the world you're from?

if he was to fill out a voting application in this country... he'd obviously mark the box for White.

An African can look like Charlize Theron, Alek Wek, Muammar Gaddafi etc.... race doesn't equate to nationality nor does it mean anything you said is pertinent to the topic at hand
these nikkas wanna hold you back...

they dont hear you though....:birdman:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
:snoop: You're missing my whole point and embarrassing yourself in the process.
Why aren't there any Asian Americans or European Americans or South American Americans?

Why only African Americans?

I consider African Americans to be descendants of people who were enslaved in America. People whose African ancestry was stripped from their knowledge. In that case, African American will have to suffice.

But if you're from Nigeria, that should make you a Nigerian American, not an African American just like people from Italy are Italian Americans, not European Americans.

what you consider≠ what is true.

but yeah, Nigerians aren't African and Italians arent European.