Black feminism ideologically is one of the worst things that happened to Black people in this country.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, god forbid these pesky BW, like, gave a shyt about anything but being a baby factory and a in house servant to a male who sees her as sub-human free labor. I hate when they think and shyt.

:troll:
Date each other since BW so perfect

That should solve everything

But you beat on each other to soooooo…

Nar-el

Pro
Daps
Yup, god forbid these pesky BW, like, gave a shyt about anything but being a baby factory and a in house servant to a male who sees her as sub-human free labor. I hate when they think and shyt.

Ah, The Color Purpleification of Black History strikes again. Black women were NEVER servants to black men sis. They always worked and as far back as the 30s, you had black women putting their men out of the house for being jobless---in an openly white supremacist society. Some patriarchy. And most black men couldn't even afford to be Mister. Your story ain't Miss Ann's and never has been. Not even close. I'm no patriarch and would be considered far left but even I can see the problems with black feminism.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
***This is a generalization based on my own experiences***

Women should have equal rights and it shouldn't be a question. I don't feel a woman is inferior to me, nor I to her. I think a woman can be a leader, but many, I think, are better as guides. Those that are better suited being a guide, often in today's society, don't want to "limit themselves" to the role, ultimately leading to them stepping on toes of those that are better as leaders; whether the leaders are man or woman.

I've said before, a man values respect over all, a woman values love over all. Regardless of your work, position, and income, respect and love in a relationship is valued above all. If a woman's need to be heard more than the respect of her chosen companion, it's gonna fail. If a man's bank account matters more than if his wife feels loved, it's gonna fail.

While I do miss the nurturing and compassionate nature of the women that helped raise me, I understand they had more to offer, but it doesn't make the nurturing and compassion less important and necessary. I need that from my wife sometimes. Just as she needs my shoulder and my ear and my level headedness.

I can go on but I'd need a publisher and to site sources and y'all ain't paying me. Does Breh & Breh Associates have a publishing department?
:ohhh:

Yas

Banned
Daps
All of these things can be traced to the breakdown of the family unit. Guess what was the driving force behind that?

You see a therapist and your own father thinks you're a fakkit.
Men not being men and actually providing for his wife and kids?

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
“WHEN BLACK PANTHER PARTY (BPP) cofounder Huey P. Newton argued in 1970 that in order to have a chance to be free, Black people would have to discard "all these romantic, fictional fin[a]lisms, such as they're married and they five happily ever after with a white picket fence," he expressed a sentiment that was shared across the movements of the day, including the sexual and gay liberation movements. (1) Amid the political ferment of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Area in the second half of the 1960s, activists from various movements experimented with utopian alternatives to the nuclear family norm.”

“The BPP, the SFL, and the CHF exemplify the range of organizations and movements that were seeking alternative ways to experience belonging while refusing to conform to the white normative nuclear family ideal in the mid- to late 1960s. Newton cofounded the BPP with Bobby Seale in an Oakland War on Poverty center in October 1966. By the late 1960s, it was one of the most well known and influential Black Power movement organizations in the United States, with local chapters in cities across the country. The party's wide-ranging ten-point program demanded "land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace," and the organization rose to national prominence for its commitment to the armed self-defense of Black communities.”

Lester, Andrew. "'This Was My Utopia': Sexual Experimentation and Masculinity in the 1960s Bay Area Radical Left." Journal of the History of Sexuality, vol. 29, no. 3, Sept. 2020, pp. 364+. Gale Academic OneFile, link.gale.com/apps/doc/A642734184/AONE?u=anon~9bb2a3e3&sid=googleScholar&xid=3577dfc4. Accessed 8 May 2024.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Black women initially subscribed to Womanism, which is different from Feminism.

Womanism also considered racial divides and held white women accountable as well.

The switch to feminism, basically aligned them with all women even though the principles of white womans approach to feminism doesn't entirely apply to black people,
For example, black men are not responsible for glass ceilings holding black woman back professionally, that is still a white man thing. They hold back black men too. But white woman will happily have our sisters act like being black male is a privilege in that respect.

If you are a black woman and consider yourself a feminist i would strongly suggest researching the concept of womanism.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
They been trying to get Curry and "black male studies" out the paint for years. Took awhile but I realized a lot of it seems to be about resources. "Black studies" is almost exclusively centered on black feminism or black gay/queer studies and theory. There is no interest or room for studying black men in general, and certain forces want all the pie (professor tenure, scholarships, facility donations/funds, etc) to themselves. If we had actual black male studies in American universities we'd get pushback/crying/bullshyt about marginalizing black women so they've dedicated themselves to smearing Curry.

It's not a coincidence that the black power movement was dismantled and immediately replaced by black feminist theory and bell hooks in the late 70s/early 80s.

Exactly what I'm saying.

Nar-el

Pro
Daps
They been trying to get Curry and "black male studies" out the paint for years. Took awhile but I realized a lot of it seems to be about resources. "Black studies" is almost exclusively centered on black feminism or black gay/queer studies and theory. There is no interest or room for studying black men in general, and certain forces want all the pie (professor tenure, scholarships, facility donations/funds, etc) to themselves. If we had actual black male studies in American universities we'd get pushback/crying/bullshyt about marginalizing black women so they've dedicated themselves to smearing Curry.

It's not a coincidence that the black power movement was dismantled and immediately replaced by black feminist theory and bell hooks in the late 70s/early 80s.
There's a video of Prof. Adolph Reed talking about this. It grew out of black studies before the takeover. In the early days, he asked them why they wanted to separate from black studies, and all the answers were something like " we need a space for black women in the faculty". Basically job security.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Ah, The Color Purpleification of Black History strikes again. Black women were NEVER servants to black men sis. They always worked and as far back as the 30s, you had black women putting their men out of the house for being jobless---in an openly white supremacist society. Some patriarchy. And most black men couldn't even afford to be Mister. Your story ain't Miss Ann's and never has been. Not even close. I'm no patriarch and would be considered far left but even I can see the problems with black feminism.

She knows that. She just spews anti black male hate.

Look at our community now that the “evil patriarchy” is gone.
Women are going out of their way to choose low quality men and become single mothers, their teenage sons and daughter can barely read at a 5th grade level, and the median net worth of the black household will be $0.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Men not being men and actually providing for his wife and kids?

Now there is truth to this.

As much as my father was a hard ass, my sister witnessed him put in work for the family.

There is a reason why she doesnt subscribe to feminism as a 30 year old woman.

When a man is on point, those ideologies do not persist in the home

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Nah Black feminism ideology destroyed the radical black thought of the 70s. It was the most detrimental ideology that we have even seen in this country.

Breh, which 1970s feminist tenets were antagonist to the black community?

Mind you, this is the same decade where women couldn't get bank loans unless they could prove they were on birth control :dead:

Hell, part of that decade single women were even banned from having birth control. Yes, birth control was typically reserved for married women:dead:

You can see where this is going especially when capitalism started spinning out of control.

They were legitimately battling for real shyt back then so you're really going to have to hash this out some more

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This has NEVER been the case in ANY avg black family or community, ever. This is the weak strawman that people like you keep pushing with no historical data or facts.