Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
chuck is nuts. why would kate stay with him. prince can offer her much more. she has HUGE aspirations in politics, and she needs to align herself with some power players with the money. chuck cannot offer this.
The second Mike showed her the campaign office she knew it was time to go. Knowing this show though, I wouldn’t be surprised if some shyt circumvents it becoming a reality.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I think the lowkey most depressing aspect of the show though is that guys like Chuck can never win longterm. He can bloody your nose and set you back sure but when you got the kinda money his opponents do...there is no "win" for him really. He's probably gonna fukk up plans a bit but I still see Kate coming out this. Even if they don't land the olympics, Kate being aligned with Prince with her long history with Chuck she's still good I think. Either way Prince got enough money to still make her happen.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think the lowkey most depressing aspect of the show though is that guys like Chuck can never win longterm. He can bloody your nose and set you back sure but when you got the kinda money his opponents do...there is no "win" for him really. He's probably gonna fukk up plans a bit but I still see Kate coming out this. Even if they don't land the olympics, Kate being aligned with Prince with her long history with Chuck she's still good I think. Either way Prince got enough money to still make her happen.

I don't see a reason to want him to win though. Previously he had a personal feud with Axe. Now, he's just like "I hate billionaires! (even though I'm rich myself)"

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
loved episode 4.
between the way the list the price of every item they had on then at the end he looked out at his workers withe all the money above their heads.

they needed this episode for Prince. between getting Sacker, how he broke the philanthropy game down to (forgot her/their name) and the way he is winning everybody included a very skeptical Wendy.

finally something for Sacker. I've alway liked her balance with Chuck but it was time to give her character a fresh impetus.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
God damn this shyt is boring as hell now :unimpressed:

They're just spinning the wheels...whole thing feels lifeless. Prince brings nothing to the table.

Why do I still watch this bullshyt? :mjlol:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This episode is a cyse. NFL player calling shots at billionaire funds? :stopitslime:

Housewives created Soul Cycle - so you’re saying a black man can’t open up his own health and fitness franchise?? Lebron James turned down 10 mil at Reebok for his Nike deal. Are you saying that black athletes aren’t capable of having leverage in finance deals or raising capital?? There’s former black athletes who currently work on Wall Street and/or own investment firms but continue….. I’d like to hear your rationale
:mjpls:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anyone watching this new Uber start up series on Showtime?? Has to be the same writing team that works on Billions - they use the same “smarter than your average” references and “smartest guys in the room” lingo. followed up with the “inside jokes” every third line :deadrose:

if it’s not the same writers, then it must be a writing trend among these Billionsesque finance type shows.
MV5BZDE2OWEyOTItMmQ1Mi00OGNlLWFmNjEtZDU3OGE2OTk1YjY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA3MTMyOTk@._V1_.jpg

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Anyone watching this new Uber start up series on Showtime?? Has to be the same writing team that works on Billions - they use the same “smarter than your average” references and “smartest guys in the room” lingo. followed up with the “inside jokes” every third line :deadrose:

if it’s not the same writers, then it must be a writing trend among these Billionsesque finance type shows.
MV5BZDE2OWEyOTItMmQ1Mi00OGNlLWFmNjEtZDU3OGE2OTk1YjY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA3MTMyOTk@._V1_.jpg
I'm interested in the story of uber but I can't stand the guy in the middle I forgot his name

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
just binged watched all of Succession last month, I need at least somewhat similar fukkery in my life. This show been on the list for years. I do believe its about time.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anyone watching this new Uber series on Showtime?? Has to be the same writing team that works on Billions - they use the same “smarter than your average” references and “smartest guys in the room” lingo. And followed up with the “inside jokes” every third line :deadrose:

Still feels like Billions to me. 3 eps in I don't really miss Axe too much. It's different for sure but I'm still enjoying it.
Nah. Axe is definitely missed and needed. This is a totally different show without Axe - they reduced Wags to a shell of his normal self with the parodies. It’s annoying. Like with the past seasons you actually felt Wags could kill people if they were in the way of his money or to protect the fund, now he’s like this one dimensional nerd who does nothing but run around ikr a lost lap dog.

Prince doesn’t have the rough edge that Axe had- the storyline with his wife and daughters is cringe and annoying. I know it’s bad when Taylor and her team of pronouns have a role bigger than Wags.

Definitely do not like the direction they’re going with Kate this season either- they’re dumbing her down. Doesn’t make sense that she makes a lateral move from one lion’s den for another, leaving her still circling the sheep with no guarantees except for verbal agreements. This entire season is a dub so far. Matter of fact, I don’t like how they have any of the black characters this season, Lauren, Kate, hustling backwards - even the newly hired blerd. Bullshyt.

Prince’s moral code is bullshyt - we don’t even know his backstory. All we know is that he obtained his wealth off stealing from his partner who ended up dead, and now that he’s a billionaire- he’s on a righteous crusade despite his end justifying the means excuses. At least with Axe, we knew he was self funded- grew up in some white trash community with a mother that wasn’t shyt who used his resources to take aim at all the rich people who treated him like nothing as he was growing up. I could gaf about this Prince Olympics storyline- it’s just stupid and very very predictable. Maybe if the setting for this storyline took place in Washington DC and not New York- bc that self driving smart eco friendly subway was :palm::facepalm:

Billions brought to you by people who insult your intelligence.