Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm interested in the story of uber but I can't stand the guy in the middle I forgot his name
Gordon Levitt or whoever he is. Never liked him either, never watched his movies because I can’t stand his face. I’m only watching bc I like finance shows which are few out here lately. But I think that’s the point with this series; we’re not supposed to like him therefore, he’s casted to fit the tone of the arrogant, entitled, start up venture frat boy type who does or says whatever for profit, within the confines of whatever is considered legal- with corporate responsibility not being part of his conscience.

I really think Showtime took Billions budget and transferred over to this, while letting Billions die a slow death since the main reason of what made Billions work is no longer there.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Gordon Levitt or whoever he is. Never liked him either, never watched his movies because I can’t stand his face. I’m only watching bc I like finance shows which are few out here lately. But I think that’s the point with this series; we’re not supposed to like him therefore, he’s casted to fit the tone of the arrogant, entitled, start up venture frat boy type who does or says whatever for profit, within the confines of whatever is considered legal- with corporate responsibility not being part of his conscience.

I really think Showtime took Billions budget and transferred over to this, while letting Billions die a slow death since the main reason of what made Billions work is no longer there.

either way.. fukk him

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Yeah i just remembered the first Uber ceo was a huge a$$hole so this might be perfect for him. I’ll watch the first episode to see how it goes

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Housewives created Soul Cycle - so you’re saying a black man can’t open up his own health and fitness franchise?? Lebron James turned down 10 mil at Reebok for his Nike deal. Are you saying that black athletes aren’t capable of having leverage in finance deals or raising capital?? There’s former black athletes who currently work on Wall Street and/or own investment firms but continue….. I’d like to hear your rationale
:mjpls:

Him building the platform was feasible. But breh was begging to get on the Prince List and then switched to demanding Prince to drop the police union a couple days later. :comeon: It was a cyse that he had that much power. And if he was really bout his money he wouldn’t give af about the police being a part of the fund.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Imagine flying some fukkin food in on your private jet.... from some fast food place or a fancy restaurant...from a far as fukk city to your city... for a bytch cuz the spot is her favorite...and this bytch got the nerve to tell me...she got dinner plans

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
God damn this shyt is boring as hell now :unimpressed:

They're just spinning the wheels...whole thing feels lifeless. Prince brings nothing to the table.

Why do I still watch this bullshyt? :mjlol:

So Prince is in season 6? :mjpls:

I’m almost done with season 5, but I don’t know if I will even finish.

This show isn’t what it use to be and it’s become predictable with lazy writing.

Axe isn’t even worth rooting for anymore. Times have changed since the first season aired. Wendy isn’t attractive to me no more, the quips are stale, and the investigations don’t make any sense anymore.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Just watching this. No diss to Corey Stroll as I think he's an underrated actor BUT this was Damian Lewis's show and it probably should have ended with him. For as much as an a$$hole Axe was he also had a soul. Prince doesn't have Axes fire and it hurts the show because the writing for the most part is so sterile.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
I'm still watching out of habit, but I'm not really sure what the point is anymore.
Other than "Chuck is a hypocrite".

watching for that sister… she is too bad .. that’s how I like em… slim thick and pretty as a muhfukka

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
latest episode was annoying as hell for some reason. a really jarring watch.

God damn this shyt is boring as hell now :unimpressed:

They're just spinning the wheels...whole thing feels lifeless. Prince brings nothing to the table.

Why do I still watch this bullshyt? :mjlol:

he can be flat at times but Prince hasn't even really been the problem foe me at all this season.
the Chuck stuff been way more of a struggle,

it's like Giamatti knows Damien Lewis isn't around to to try and outdo each other anymore whether individually or together and Corey Stoll isn't the scene chewing type so he's just coasting along and delivering his lines like its some Shakespere In The Park stuff.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Taylor really sonned Dollar Bill and Mafee :wow:

Chuck needed to be humbled, Prince took the L and Chuck still had to rub it in.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So Axe is gone?
As of last season yeah. He got caught up with trying to open his bank (and I think an IPO) by skipping the due diligence process on an investor (think it was drug money) so Prince bought Axe Cap, Mase Carbon, etc. for “pennies” on the dollar ($2B) and Axe fled to Switzerland. I figured that Damian Lewis would still come back but he recently lost his wife so he’s likely not coming back for this season at least.

Last edited: