Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Still feels like Billions to me. 3 eps in I don't really miss Axe too much. It's different for sure but I'm still enjoying it.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
first two were odd, Axe's constant dialog and whiplash pace balanced out Chucks more methodical way and it was just enjoyable watching them chew up the scene but with Prince who's even slower than Chuck it wasn't really working, a bit of a chore but episode three, felt like the shift.

were settling into the changes, Prince has control, Wags now has someone to bounce off of, we see a clear viewpoint of Prince goals and motivations, and most of the cast was used to good effect.

I always enjoy the Chuck and Sacker dynamic.

we seen Axe as a slimy villain from the start, so being able to watch Prince go from the billionaire with morals to full fledged villain as Chuck is kicking his heels has potential.

looking forward to the rest of the season now instead of just tuning in for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This new ep was probably the best of the season so far. Kate definitely been patient so it was nice seeing her branching. Still like Prince and the slightly different tone of the show. Still enjoying it.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
This new ep was probably the best of the season so far. Kate definitely been patient so it was nice seeing her branching. Still like Prince and the slightly different tone of the show. Still enjoying it.
My sentiments exactly. The Kate/Chuck and Mike/Taylor dynamics resonated with me.

Having to deal with employers who overlook you when you’re objectively exceeding by every metric only to suddenly offer you want you wanted (e.g. raises, promotions, professional development, etc.) when you’re leaving makes you feel somewhat vindicated when you think about it (you still need to move on though).

As intelligent as Taylor is, they couldn’t see the forest* for the trees and got caught up in the naïveté of a feel-good initiative without acknowledging the practicality of sustainability and what it would take to achieve it. Really good lesson from Mike and I lowkey think Taylor was a little humbled; they’ll probably hit a billion plus now just off of the strength of that conversation :wow:.

*typo in the initial post

Last edited:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Barring Damian Lewis’s real-life tragedy with his wife’s recent passing, I wonder if he’s going to return and if so, in what capacity.

Edit: nvm, I just saw the tweets above.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
My sentiments exactly. The Kate/Chuck and Mike/Taylor dynamics resonated with me.

Having to deal with employers who overlook you when you’re objectively exceeding by every metric only to suddenly offer you want you wanted (e.g. raises, promotions, professional development, etc.) when you’re leaving makes you feel somewhat vindicated when you think about it (you still need to move on though).

As intelligent as Taylor is, they couldn’t see the first for the trees and got caught up in the naïveté of a feel-good initiative without acknowledging the practicality of sustainability and what it would take to achieve it. Really good lesson from Mike and I lowkey think Taylor was a little humbled; they’ll probably hit a billion plus now just off of the strength of that conversation :wow:.

Taylor definitely need the wake up call. She been a killer for awhile but I think Prince made he really realize she's more a lifer, if anyone should be in it to be the next prince/axe type it's them. Taylor still thinks they're different and they are but not in the ways they think. I think Prince sees the same things in them that Axe did.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I loved all the money breakdowns in this episode… Tayler with a $200,000 watch :ohlawd:

Wendy probably dressing the richest out of everyone in the office was a nice touch too…

Kate’s outfit come up when she took the job…

All the money Prince spent just to get his foot in the door with the Olympics :whew:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I loved all the money breakdowns in this episode… Tayler with a $200,000 watch :ohlawd:

Wendy probably dressing the richest out of everyone in the office was a nice touch too…

Kate’s outfit come up when she took the job…

All the money Prince spent just to get his foot in the door with the Olympics :whew:
Taylor told Mike it would be over $20 mill for the wifi initiative and he’s just like “do it :jbhmm:

:wow: