Bill Gates Dabbin with Black folks

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
The way some of you are slandering your brothers and sisters in here you sound like the racist cacs you supposedly hate / don't care about:francis:

Bill Gates is doing the dab terribly :troll::mjlol:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah... you right you right..... slavery, Jim Crow, and institutionalized racism aint got shyt to do with our social standing.... shyt is 100% our fault....... :mjlol: :deadrose:
Those are key large factors and should never be understated but the little things like this will continue to keep us in the bottom for along time.

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Its not a bad look to me... and a number of other posters........ not deflecting at all...... how can you gauge what took place over 3 days out of a snapshot.....and deduce that this was the focus of the entire event.....

what other criteria did you use to come to this conclusion?

Lol I addressed what you're asking in the first post I made. Nice strawman though. My entire point for being in this thread was just me wondering why it's damn near impossible to have a sincere discussion on this. None of that "you mad, look at this outrage" bs internet brehs do when they have nothing to say. Once again, of course this event itself isn't a big deal but why can't there be a discussion about the general theme of the topic at hand? Why is this topic immediately shot down when everyone here knows there are more egregious versions of this happening often? So what if this was a banal version of black folks tap dancing. Are people incapable of admitting that and also continuing the discussion?

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Yeah... you right you right..... slavery, Jim Crow, and institutionalized racism aint got shyt to do with our social standing.... shyt is 100% our fault....... :mjlol: :deadrose:

hey fakkit, you do know blacks in the 50s/60s were economically better than blacks today right?

overall AA don't have shyt these days...no pull...nothing

but keep dabbing for photoops ....can't even show that pic off in a professional setting.

"This is when I met Bill Gates" -Coli c00n :troll:

*nikkas love being goofy* -BusinessCac :skip:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Last post on this subject.

Look, I agree that there should be intelligent discussion on behavior and how it is perceived with the dancing, etc. But this is not the tweet to fall on our swords. A more appropriate case would be, for example, the perception of doing the dab with Hillary when everyone knows she is just doing it to pander for votes. And that's a far cry from this situation.

What I see is the Gates Foundation learning about students that grew up hard, had 1.7 GPA's and lousy SATs being promoted and their accomplishments of how they are succeeding at HBCU's and how the Foundation can invest its money into HBCUs to help them with is clearly evident in 3 of the 4 tweets where it highlights and shows the students excelling. In that context, with all of information, this picture shows, to anyone who cares to not be intellectually lazy, students who are happy and proud to be invited to Seattle for 3 days because of their accomplishments to talk to Bill Gates, his father, and the Foundation about how they have thrived coming from less than the best environment, and happy that they are being given a voice.

Investing millions in education for these students of his own money (a Foundation worth $38 billion so far with another 4 billion a year from Bill Gates and Warren Buffet into the Foundation) is clear indication that Bill Gates is not pandering (and Lord knows HBCUs need all the money they can get) He's not asking for anything. Rather, he's spending a lot of his time and effort learning about these students and their HBCUs to learn how and where to put his own money to use which will benefit the AA community. Not to mention the billions he has put into Africa which now save the lives of 1.5 million African children each year, and all of the other work the Foundation does.

Let the students have a little fun and make a personal connection with Bill after their work over 3 days. They deserve to feel happy and proud.
Jay-Z-clapping-whew.gif

• Dap
Reactions: cdc
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol I addressed what you're asking in the first post I made. Nice strawman though. My entire point for being in this thread was just me wondering why it's damn near impossible to have a sincere discussion on this. None of that "you mad, look at this outrage" bs internet brehs do when they have nothing to say. Once again, of course this event itself isn't a big deal but why can't there be a discussion about the general theme of the topic at hand? Why is this topic immediately shot down when everyone here knows there are more egregious versions of this happening often? So what if this was a banal version of black folks tap dancing. Are people incapable of admitting that and also continuing the discussion?

:pachaha:

What exactly are you trying to discuss? This is a legit discussion..... just because people disagree with your implied stance, doesn't mean there isn't a discussion taking place..... and the meat of your initial post actually has nothing to do with the thread topic....

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:pachaha:

What exactly are you trying to discuss? This is a legit discussion..... just because people disagree with your implied stance, doesn't mean there isn't a discussion taking place..... and the meat of your initial post actually has nothing to do with the thread topic....

It's not a legit discussion breh lol. There are 2 manufactured sides shytting on each other. Hence your need to create a strawman position for me a few responses ago. Actually most posters on "your side" agree with me in that this individual event isn't a big deal (this is the 3rd time I've said this for your simple ass). :mjlol:

The point was that y'all can't seem to get past that. This would've been a much better thread if people watched and discussed the Watkins video posted in the beginning. But it's a free board and brehs can talk about damn near what they want. :yeshrug:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
"what would white people be doing?!"
"what would Asians be doing?!"
"this makes us look sooooo bad to everyone else"

:scust:
smh SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR Y'ALLSELVES and stop worrying about what they perceive us as.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
hey fakkit, you do know blacks in the 50s/60s were economically better than blacks today right?

overall AA don't have shyt these days...no pull...nothing

but keep dabbing for photoops ....can't even show that pic off in a professional setting.

"This is when I met Bill Gates" -Coli c00n :troll:

*nikkas love being goofy* -BusinessCac :skip:
nikkas act like in the 200 years, we haven't been at the bottom because of the systematic shyt and the obvious discrimination. But we had a code of conduct in the 30s and 40s. We had a code of conduct and a time and a place. We had that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a legit discussion breh lol. There are 2 manufactured sides shytting on each other. Hence your need to create a strawman position for me a few responses ago. Actually most posters on "your side" agree with me in that this individual event isn't a big deal (this is the 3rd time I've said this for your simple ass). :mjlol:

The point was that y'all can't seem to get past that. This would've been a much better thread if people watched and discussed the Watkins video posted in the beginning. But it's a free board and brehs can talk about damn near what they want. :yeshrug:

Of course it isn't a big deal..... and like I said earlier....... (seems like you struggle with a lot of shyt) your initial post has dikk to do with the topic, or thread theme\subject.... so the B.S. point you're trying to manufacture is just that.... B.S.......

Then gon end your post on some hoe shyt... talking about "its a free board" :pachaha: