Bill Gates Dabbin with Black folks

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Were people this upset when everyone was doing the macarena at every possible chance they got?:jbhmm:

As black people we do have to be aware of how any little thing we do will be used against us, flipped and made to look "ignorant", but we shouldn't be the ones attacking ourselves. White people do that enough.
We should attack our own. They need to know this behavior isn't acceptable. This is Amos and Andy buffoonery and there is a time and place for it but this is not.

You don't go to church doing the whip and nae nae. You don't do the whip and nae nae during your finals but when you get with white teachers and Hillary and Bill, you do the whip, the nae nae, the dougie, the cat daddy, the bytch nikka, etc.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Negros on this site are a joke. How you hate staged buffoonery like Tyler Perry movies but defend kids when they should be 100% only about business with national leaders and they doing the cat daddy and the dab.

There is a time and place for it. This is not it. Even there is more reason for this to understood in a movie then this. But you are defending this. nikkas are too far gone in the system of white supremacy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To everyone breh. Mostly black folks in this thread but I see you wanna keep on deflecting. It's (hopefully) black folks tryna have a discussion here but I see you wanna deflect and parse my words into a "look at how they see us" quote.

Its not a bad look to me... and a number of other posters........ not deflecting at all...... how can you gauge what took place over 3 days out of a snapshot.....and deduce that this was the focus of the entire event.....

what other criteria did you use to come to this conclusion?

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Negros on this site are a joke. How you hate staged buffoonery like Tyler Perry movies but defend kids when they should be 100% only about business with national leaders and they doing the cat daddy and the dab.

There is a time and place for it. This is not it. Even there is more reason for this to understood in a movie then this. But you are defending this. nikkas are too far gone in the system of white supremacy.

If these were Chinese kids they would be punished by their family and school for doing this fukk shyt.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
dabbin is tradition and culture? dabbin has been passed down for centuries? enlightenment me :patrice:
That's not how culture works fam. And you said dabbin is a tradition. Not me. Culture and tradition are two entirely different things. SMH at this shyt

Last edited:

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
Last post on this subject.

Look, I agree that there should be intelligent discussion on behavior and how it is perceived with the dancing, etc. But this is not the tweet to fall on our swords. A more appropriate case would be, for example, the perception of doing the dab with Hillary when everyone knows she is just doing it to pander for votes. And that's a far cry from this situation.

What I see is the Gates Foundation learning about students that grew up hard, had 1.7 GPA's and lousy SATs being promoted and their accomplishments of how they are succeeding at HBCU's and how the Foundation can invest its money into HBCUs to help them with is clearly evident in 3 of the 4 tweets where it highlights and shows the students excelling. In that context, with all of information, this picture shows, to anyone who cares to not be intellectually lazy, students who are happy and proud to be invited to Seattle for 3 days because of their accomplishments to talk to Bill Gates, his father, and the Foundation about how they have thrived coming from less than the best environment, and happy that they are being given a voice.

Investing millions in education for these students of his own money (a Foundation worth $38 billion so far with another 4 billion a year from Bill Gates and Warren Buffet into the Foundation) is clear indication that Bill Gates is not pandering (and Lord knows HBCUs need all the money they can get) He's not asking for anything. Rather, he's spending a lot of his time and effort learning about these students and their HBCUs to learn how and where to put his own money to use which will benefit the AA community. Not to mention the billions he has put into Africa which now save the lives of 1.5 million African children each year, and all of the other work the Foundation does.

Let the students have a little fun and make a personal connection with Bill after their work over 3 days. They deserve to feel happy and proud.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last post on this subject.

Look, I agree that there should be intelligent discussion on behavior and how it is perceived with the dancing, etc. But this is not the tweet to fall on our swords. A more appropriate case would be, for example, the perception of doing the dab with Hillary when everyone knows she is just doing it to pander for votes. And that's a far cry from this situation.

What I see is the Gates Foundation learning about students that grew up hard, had 1.7 GPA's and lousy SATs being promoted and their accomplishments of how they are succeeding at HBCU's and how the Foundation can invest its money into HBCUs to help them with is clearly evident in 3 of the 4 tweets where it highlights and shows the students excelling. In that context, with all of information, this picture shows, to anyone who cares to not be intellectually lazy, students who are happy and proud to be invited to Seattle for 3 days because of their accomplishments to talk to Bill Gates, his father, and the Foundation about how they have thrived coming from less than the best environment, and happy that they are being given a voice.

Investing millions in education for these students of his own money (a Foundation worth $38 billion so far with another 4 billion a year from Bill Gates and Warren Buffet into the Foundation) is clear indication that Bill Gates is not pandering (and Lord knows HBCUs need all the money they can get) He's not asking for anything. Rather, he's spending a lot of his time and effort learning about these students and their HBCUs to learn how and where to put his own money to use which will benefit the AA community. Not to mention the billions he has put into Africa which now save the lives of 1.5 million African children each year, and all of the other work the Foundation does.

Let the students have a little fun and make a persona connection with Bill after their work over 3 days. They deserve to feel happy and proud.

:blessed:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
nothing is ever serious to yall dumbasses

that's why AA is at the bottom in this country. Always shuckin and jivin so you can feel good about yourself that a euro is "down"
We love to c00n. This is a race with zero ideals and rules in the community. We are openly defending buffoonery, these are the things that bother me. The little things.