Biden's plan to stop gang violence :mjpls:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s great but where is the money coming from to support all of these solutions?? Well -we do know where 900 million of it is going.
:beli:
But the Jewish, Asians, “other” races and organizations have the privilege of earmarking their funds for specific uses. Black people have to be told how to allocate our funds bc the white man says and decides what’s best for us? Despite having no history of caring about our interests?
:what:

they did just pull 2 trillion out of nowhere for the Corona Stimulus.

But here's the actual information from his website.

Joe Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence | Joe Biden for President

"
TACKLE URBAN GUN VIOLENCE WITH TARGETED, EVIDENCE-BASED COMMUNITY INTERVENTIONS

Daily acts of gun violence in our communities may not make national headlines, but are just as devastating to survivors and victims’ families as gun violence that does make the front page. And, these daily acts of gun violence disproportionately impact communities of color. But there is reason to be optimistic. There are proven strategies for reducing gun violence in urban communities without turning to incarceration. For example, Group Violence Intervention organizes community leaders to work with individuals most likely to commit acts of gun violence, express the community’s demand that the gun violence stop, and connect individuals who may be likely perpetrators with social and economic support services that may deter violent behavior. These types of interventions have reduced homicides by as much as 60%. Hospital-Based Violence Intervention engages young people who have been injured by gun violence while they are still in the hospital, connecting them to social and economic services that may decrease the likelihood they engage in or are victims of gun violence in the future. Biden will create a $900 million, eight-year initiative to fund these and other types of evidence-based interventions in 40 cities across the country – the 20 cities with the highest number of homicides, and 20 cities with the highest number of homicides per capita. This proposal is estimated to save more than 12,000 lives over the eight-year program. "

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
I'm dense but you really believe they are just going to put money into 'fixing up' black neighborhoods and it won't be for white people to gentrify and make money off it. You are a pathetic Democratic shill.
So give examples of what you actually want. And I mean things that are actually feasible in the next 4 years.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
So major cities like NYC, Chicago, LA averaging 1100 minders a year in the early 90s was okay in your eyes
Nothing that Joe Biden has proposed is a good answer, which is what you are suggesting.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
200w.gif

I2JKYDV54JFZBJFAQXHHPLXB7Y.jpg

hamsterdam.png

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
Cool, don't be poppin shyt about Trump's tomfoolery either if he's back in office.

Until further notice, it's the lesser of 2 evils and one blatantly has to go.

No that's not how that works in the country black Americans built and maintain with our tax dollars. White supremacy has to go period. Even if I opt out of voting for a racist the constitution is still valid allowing me to criticize these politicians.

I dont care if you see my criticisms as valid because you're doing a shills job and not demanding tangibles. All these politicians are our employees that we pay and we are reprimanding them for workplace misconduct.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Here’s my hot take.

I don’t have respect for gangbangers in our community b/c thousands of innocent blks get caught up in their bullshyt, but a lot are soft as fukkimg butter when it comes to confronting racists and putting in real work like rebuilding communities. So fukk them.

But my question is...the BIGGEST gang/terrorist group/thug in America is actually the police state and the alphabet squad. FBI, CIA, ect, yet they always slip out of being held accountable...why?

Community gangs are scapegoats and I’m tired of people thinking we stupid. Unless his plan calls for revolutionary overhauling of police systems including the firing of police officers with history of racism and violence, elimination of drug incentives given to police forces, dismissal of racist judges, unfair incarceration, making police brutality a federal hate crime with a 30+ mandatory sentence, dismantling all the legal protections for cops to get away with murder and establishment of racial government oversight in police and military, that shyt is obsolete.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep.
School programs is a big one, I often see these ads about programs for kids, all ages, to learn about robotics, coding, math, science, all these great topics.
But most of them are hard to afford, especially if you have more than one kid.
But imagine have these things being affordable, it could be life- changing. actually chances are that they will be life-changing

Wish I had a solution. It would be cool if they could use the school building after hours and get people in college (future teacher) to volunteer their time to teach. If their is no money to pay them, at least give them credits for school, some sort of tax break, or discount on loans.

I remember going to a local community College as a kid during the summer and learning to play the piano and tennis.

Some of this can be taught online too. That would keep some of these kids indoors.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew of quotes and policies, Biden got behind, BUT THIS CLIP? :mjlol:

SUPER...:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

Damn...everytime shyt like this resurfaces, (its already fukk Joe Biden), but Obama lookin funnier and funnier in the light...shyt. :mjlol:

I know Obama no dummy, so I know he did his HW on this cac, prior to choosing him as his running-mate/VP. Biden would've had to cop to a lot of soul-searching, apologizing, and plea-coppin...and I've never heard these things addressed...:mjpls:

You better believe Ol' Joe from Scranton, still harbors a lot of these same viewpoints too. These old cac baby-boomers rarely change. Obama had to be the nearly perfect black man, for Biden to fuk with him, and even still...it was probably done to get Biden to where, he's at now. How ironic, a black man, is the one, that had to validate his political livelihood. :unimpressed:

Its selective quotes/memory. You never see shyt like this being brought up from Biden's past:

I don't remember many Senators getting in the Reagan admin's ass regarding black people, especially like this.

And honestly people have to read the room. There's alot of prominent black voices calling for alot worse than harsher policing right now when it comes to all the recent crimes and shootings. Unless people want to actually provide alternative solutions to the violence seen recently, you are going to hear and see more calls for street/vigilante style justice or harsher policing.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s great but where is the money coming from to support all of these solutions?? Well -we do know where 900 million of it is going.
:beli:
But the Jewish, Asians, “other” races and organizations have the privilege of earmarking their funds for specific uses. Black people have to be told how to allocate our funds bc the white man says and decides what’s best for us? Despite having no history of caring about our interests?
:what:

Take funding from the police departments. They are pretty much taxing, jail, and brutalizing people in urban areas. Then take the money they earn from us to their communities to better them. They money they have for the schools their children go too are funded by taxes payers.

How about keep some of the money here?
How about investing it in communities they actually are taking it from?
They find money for everything else. Corona, Bail outs, settlements for police brutality.