Best Buy exiting the physical media business next year (4K/Blu-Ray/DVD) UPDATE: Target next

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Either that or the copies made were reduced
I think they underestimated the demand for it honestly. It actually looks like it's sold out at all retailers. If this had a digital release weeks prior like other releases do, it may not look like this. But Nolan always prefer digital/physical release at the same time.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I think they underestimated the demand for it honestly. It actually looks like it's sold out at all retailers. If this had a digital release weeks prior like other releases do, it may not look like this. But Nolan always prefer digital/physical release at the same time.

And tbh, Nolan fans are kind of anomaly also when it comes to things like this. I was shocked to see how many people were driving all around the Midwest to here in Indy to see it in 70mm (which was incredible)

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
They charging $150+ for that steelbook on eBay right now :dead:

Curious to see where it sells at and the levels. Oppenheimer, imo, is definitely a movie elevated by the screen it's on. A great movie regardless but IMAX and 70mm definitely helps.

nikkas gonna watch Oppenheimer at home and be very confused. I damn near went deaf during certain scenes in theaters and immediately walked out and said, "idk how this shyt is gonna hit on repeat watchings."

If nikkas aren't down to watch tenant, I really doubt a lot of people are willing to watch a two and a half hour docudrama about the nikka that created the nuclear bomb when damn near half the movie doesn't even touch on that.

Such a weird movie but I'm always here for physical media for movies. I threw on my Halloween 1 blu-ray collection from scream factory; 3 disks with different features and it looks fukking amazing in 4k&her with Dolby Atmos (headphones only sadly) but I shocked everyone in the house in 5 mins.

Does criterion do a Christmas sale? Any recs? I really wanna cop whatever ozu collection they have and and I'll buy a tati collection for PlayTime though I want that alone. I hold my before trilogy criterion collection close to my heart lowkey. I just need a spring breakers or a straight harmony korine collection and hopefully one day a Sophia Coppola one.

I would lowkey kill for a criterion collection of lost in translation and somewhere. Hell, even throw in some of her other films

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
And tbh, Nolan fans are kind of anomaly also when it comes to things like this. I was shocked to see how many people were driving all around the Midwest to here in Indy to see it in 70mm (which was incredible)
i read this wrong, thought they drove around to see shytty ass dial of destiny

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
physical media was probably one of their better margins. shyt just wasn't selling

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I subscribe to Netflix premium plan and I've noticed most of the movies on the platform are only in 1080p and nowhere near the same quality as a Blu-ray disc. Their 4k content looks great but is predominantly limited to Netlfix's own content or their Korean stuff.

I've been on a Physical media buying spree the past week or so. If a movie is out of print and not some cult classic, it ain't coming back in print. Just watched a YouTube video about the 80's movie Coc00n. It's out of print and not available on any streaming service. Used copies with US region coding sell for $100. It wasnt a great movie, but a very popular movie back in the day. I'm expecting to see this occur with a bunch of late 80s and early 90s action movies. I predict Gen X'ers like me will get hit hard in 5-10 years when shows like 'What's Happening!', 'Hanging with Mr Cooper', 'The Cosby Show', etc are no longer available on streaming services, if they are even available today. 😂

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I subscribe to Netflix premium plan and I've noticed most of the movies on the platform are only in 1080p and nowhere near the same quality as a Blu-ray disc. Their 4k content looks great but is predominantly limited to Netlfix's own content or their Korean stuff.

I've been on a Physical media buying spree the past week or so. If a movie is out of print and not some cult classic, it ain't coming back in print. Just watched a YouTube video about the 80's movie Coc00n. It's out of print and not available on any streaming service. Used copies with US region coding sell for $100. It wasnt a great movie, but a very popular movie back in the day. I'm expecting to see this occur with a bunch of late 80s and early 90s action movies. I predict Gen X'ers like me will get hit hard in 5-10 years when shows like 'What's Happening!', 'Hanging with Mr Cooper', 'The Cosby Show', etc are no longer available on streaming services, if they are even available today. 😂
Breh, I don't think I've ever even seen reruns of Hanging with Mr. Cooper on television...