Best Buy exiting the physical media business next year (4K/Blu-Ray/DVD) UPDATE: Target next

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
dog the store is dumb af now. they got an area with registers that i was used to going to checkout i went over there and stood there for like 5 min until someone finally came what seemed to be in the middle of their lunch chewing talking bout “they will help you at customer service” nikka why is this shyt still over here? :dahell:
:laff: scust

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
The Final Fantasy 7 remake is selling well above retail on ebay.
With physical copies on their way out the value in the resale market is gonna balloon for a bit and then level off.
Not an easy lick but something to keep an eye if you care at all about resale value.
Just something to keep an eye on before you get rid of your discs for the low at gamestop or something like that.
When they were making games backwards compatible last gen, there was certain physical copies that was costing damn near triple the price of what it was when it came out started free falling due to the digital versions was made available, thus finally made it easy to get it our hands on them.

But that changed this gen :francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Last time I went to Best Buy I waited in the Apple section for like 10 mins for someone to come help me.. no one came.. :mjpls:

As a former rep...let me explain...

:francis: most reps hate the Apple section. You will deal with a certain type of stupid and pompous ass within that confinement, versus the other side where it's a typical dumb and maybe smelly customer.

<----former computer rep.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
As a former rep...let me explain...

:francis: most reps hate the Apple section. You will deal with a certain type of stupid and pompous ass within that confinement, versus the other side where it's a typical dumb and maybe smelly customer.

<----former computer rep.

:wow: i took it as a sign from god that they don’t want my business :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to miss the tangible media world.The days of CD sampling stations.Browsing DVD's.Back when you actually got excited about walking into the gaming section.Display gaming consoles hanging from the wall.You could actually play the shyt right there in the store.It was like a social event.So vivid & colorful.Reach out and touch it if you like:mjcry:Now all this digital shyt is just a thought.Like having the urge to beat your meat, but when you look down, your dikk is gone.I'mma miss reaching out & touching it:to:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:wow: i took it as a sign from god that they don’t want my business :blessed:

TBH you are not missing out on copping anything from Best Buy, given their track record of forcing BPs and Total Techs on folks.

As a promoted customer, I just do my due diligence and just cop what I need on the website and pick it up at the store. Don't have to worry about getting hounded, and quite frankly the store I'm near don't even give a shyt :deadrose:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I'm going to miss the tangible media world.The days of CD sampling stations.Browsing DVD's.Back when you actually got excited about walking into the gaming section.Display gaming consoles hanging from the wall.You could actually play the shyt right there in the store.It was like a social event.So vivid & colorful.Reach out and touch it if you like:mjcry:Now all this digital shyt is just a thought.Like having the urge to beat your meat, but when you look down, your dikk is gone.I'mma miss reaching out & touching it:to:

The way you put it :mjcry: :dame:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Best Buy fell off a while ago. I’m honestly surprised that they’ve survived this long. I never go in there without knowing exactly what I want. It still ends up taking way too long because I have to try to track someone down if it’s something that isn’t readily available on the shelves.

The 4K Steelbooks were the main thing I would go there for.