BenchPress

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My boy been giving me shyt for the past couple of months for not being able to hit 225 on flat and decline (incline ain't gonna happen no time soon). After a lot of hard work and focus I'm proud to say that I can hit 225 on flat and decline free weight, full range 6-8 reps for 5 sets.

If you can hit 225 on flat you can hit more than 225 on decline, decline is the easiest lift of the 3(Incline,Flat,Decline)

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
To the people who are saying if you take a guy who never lifted to the gym and in 6 months he will be able to rep 225 for at least 1 rep:camby:

It's going to take alot longer for a person who has never lifted to get 225 up, alot of muscle development is going to be needed I say at least a solid year, no way 6months, unless you have great great genetics.
Nah just because you didn't do it doesn't mean others can't and not all are genetically gifted. How most people lift they probably couldn't but with the right training you could do it in 6 months esp if you starting at at 135. You just don't lift like most people do in a bodybuilding way but moreso a strength training way you can improve alot in six months.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah just because you didn't do it doesn't mean others can't and not all are genetically gifted. How most people lift they probably couldn't but with the right training you could do it in 6 months esp if you starting at at 135. You just don't lift like most people do in a bodybuilding way but moreso a strength training way you can improve alot in six months.

Not buying it fam, you not increasing your bench press by damn near 100 pounds in 6 months my g aint happenin

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Not buying it fam, you not increasing your bench press by damn near 100 pounds in 6 months my g aint happenin
Thats cool but you can do it relatively easy (meaning if you like to work hard) but you don't want to believe me that's cool too. You just have to change your whole view on weightlifting that most of us are used to and it can be some monster gains.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Im listening :myman:
To save you the long story you lift 4/5 times (I did and was still able to practice for football/basketball after) a week (or at 3 times if every other day) doing whatever lift you are doing for no more than 10-12 reps period a day. I do it usually 5x2 with the heaviest weight you can do it with. Some even do it 10x1 but that takes to long and after each set of whatever you choose to do rest about 5 min and every 2 weeks or so add 5-10lbs and continue the process. Sometimes you will feel tired and when you take off a few days even if its not scheduled and you should be cool. That how I learned and they also have other resources you can google like Pavel 10 reps (which is basically where our s&c people copied it from or somebody close). Hope this helps but if you just trying to look right for the chicks this isn't the quickest way necessarily though but it'll get you there over time

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I was having a conversation with a dude on the weekend that said he could do 300, and he hasn't been working out at all.

I just looked at dude like...:stopitslime: gtfoh.

and I actually made the point of tellin everyone around us saying the avg person (without training) can barely do a plate(135) and they were surprised.

and said, it also means that most ppl tossing out bench numbers are fukkin lying out the ass about that shyt.

but bench numbers are nothing at the end of the day.

there is NO specific number that proves anything. with different body sizes, body compositions, training style(what they actually train FOR), etc there are jsut too many variables.

like I said earlier, a small dude like 5'6 or 5'7 at 150 - 160 lb benching 225 is WAY more impressive (to me) than a a 6'0 or 6'1 220 lb dude doing 250

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I was having a conversation with a dude on the weekend that said he could do 300, and he hasn't been working out at all.

I just looked at dude like...:stopitslime: gtfoh.

and I actually made the point of tellin everyone around us saying the avg person (without training) can barely do a plate(135) and they were surprised.

and said, it also means that most ppl tossing out bench numbers are fukkin lying out the ass about that shyt.

but bench numbers are nothing at the end of the day.

there is NO specific number that proves anything. with different body sizes, body compositions, training style(what they actually train FOR), etc there are jsut too many variables.

like I said earlier, a small dude like 5'6 or 5'7 at 150 - 160 lb benching 225 is WAY more impressive (to me) than a a 6'0 or 6'1 220 lb dude doing 250
:mjlol: that dude was lying his ass off, and its true the average male really cant hit 135 or that's their max.
Yea bench press is overrated I mean it's a good lift, but it's not the end all be all for determining how strong someone is

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
well, here's an update.

I finally bothered to try 225 on barbell flat bench. I did one set, four reps (may have been able to go for more, but I'd already done a few sets of 185/205. Poor planning). I haven't tried it since 08, but I know most years between now and then, there was no way I could do it.

So, obviously, now I believe that 225x4x1 is the official, universal measure of "Strength."

Or, I realize it's a meager accomplishment, but whatever. If I'm competing against myself, I'm getting somewhere.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Get 10 random men off the street aged 18-30. How many you think can lift 135? Or 220?

Maybe it's your environments skewing your opinion. I work in the corporate world... I work for a global company with about 300 employees in my building. Of the men 18-30 or 40. 10% could do 135lb, maybe 5% could do 220lb. Flat back, touch test. I train at a gym next to work (affluent/office workers) and one where I live (hood area, upmarket gym though). The numbers are different but no more than double the original figures. Rarely see dudes bench more than 100kg at any of my gyms.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
:skip: nikkas can be mad sensitive when it comes to the bench press...

I'm 5'9", weigh around 177-180 (11-13% bf, keeps going back n forth :beli:) and I bench 225 on the regular. I'm actually moving on to 245 as my go to reps. Most I've hit was 300 lbs, but that was a good while ago. I also been lifting for a few years. I'm the type that can bench pretty good weight for 10-12 reps, but struggle hitting the HEAVY shyt for like 1-2 reps. I just need to get more comfortable when I try to find my max weight.

A lot of it has to do with how dudes are built. Some guys can just bench better than some. It can be that simple :manny:. Technique goes a long way, too.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Get 10 random men off the street aged 18-30. How many you think can lift 135? Or 220?

Maybe it's your environments skewing your opinion. I work in the corporate world... I work for a global company with about 300 employees in my building. Of the men 18-30 or 40. 10% could do 135lb, maybe 5% could do 220lb. Flat back, touch test. I train at a gym next to work (affluent/office workers) and one where I live (hood area, upmarket gym though). The numbers are different but no more than double the original figures. Rarely see dudes bench more than 100kg at any of my gyms.

Thank you breh, nikkas dont wanna be real on this bytch, talkin like every nikka in the world throwin up 225, the average male struggle to get 135 for 1 rep fukk outta here lol good post breh