BenchPress

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But breh, I'm saying you worked to get where you at. So did my bro and so did I. I'm not the average short dude neither...

And honestly, it was a lot easier for him when he started lifting and even surpassed me to the point where I'm not even trying to fukk with him in the upper body department (numbers wise).

If I grow to keep up with his numbers I'll look funny as fukk

honestly...its a crap shoot...genetics are like that...which is why some people put on muscle mass easier :yeshrug:

semtex

:)
Daps
And yet most cats can't do 10 pull-ups but can bench 225 multiple times

Trust me I'm a back guy, it was always the easiest muscle for me besides legs. Benching does combine all of those together though.
Ehhh idk bout that man. I'd say overhead press does that though. Also requires you to have a strong core to stabilize (very important if you're hitting and being hit).

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
honestly...its a crap shoot...genetics are like that...which is why some people put on muscle mass easier :yeshrug:
I agree, I'm one of those people who can do that

But he's just :wow:

Like I said, I started lifting before him and he surpassed me in less than a year in lifts, but he was always bigger/heavier which is why it was easier. He lost weight while getting stronger while I had to put on weight.

Which is why once he was doing shyt like seated lat raises with 80's, I'm like fukk that I'm good. He was out lifting cats bigger than him. I strained my deltoid fukking around lifting with him.

But anyway, the whole smaller cats can lift more thing... I've always been skeptical about. Maybe I don't understand physics but I do understand experience. Most of the strongest cats I've seen were tall dudes, just not lanky. Most of the short dudes I've seen that were strong WERE strong, but strong for their size. There was also other factors... Like even though my bro was stronger upperbody, I was stronger in legs and faster/ athletic. I used to (and still do) surprise cats with my jumping ability/speed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, I'm one of those people who can do that

But he's just :wow:

Like I said, I started lifting before him and he surpassed me in less than a year in lifts, but he was always bigger/heavier which is why it was easier. He lost weight while getting stronger while I had to put on weight.

Which is why once he was doing shyt like seated lat raises with 80's, I'm like fukk that I'm good. He was out lifting cats bigger than him. I strained my deltoid fukking around lifting with him.

But anyway, the whole smaller cats can lift more thing... I've always been skeptical about. Maybe I don't understand physics but I do understand experience. Most of the strongest cats I've seen were tall dudes, just not lanky. Most of the short dudes I've seen that were strong WERE strong, but strong for their size. There was also other factors... Like even though my bro was stronger upperbody, I was stronger in legs and faster/ athletic. I used to (and still do) surprise cats with my jumping ability/speed.

yea maybe we trying to simplify it by saying tall cats cant lift as well as shorter cats...every tall man isnt thin and every shorter one isnt bulky...typically it plays out that way tho...

what i notice (just personal observations) is that the majority of the cats i see in the gym that are brolic...then tend to be shorter....

arent the majority of the top body builders like 5'9'' and below?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
yea maybe we trying to simplify it by saying tall cats cant lift as well as shorter cats...every tall man isnt thin and every shorter one isnt bulky...typically it plays out that way tho...

what i notice (just personal observations) is that the majority of the cats i see in the gym that are brolic...then tend to be shorter....

That's why my theory is that it's more about body type than it is about height. Like the whole Mesomorph, Ectomorph, Endomorph and the hybrids of them instead of it just being cut and dry about height.

Like I consider myself to be a Mesomorph/Endomorph hybrid (more Mesomorph tho) because I'm naturally stocky yet wide shoulders, can lose weight fast, and put on muscle fast (too fast usually leading to injuries).

While someone like my bro might be completely Mesomorph just taller, because he has wide shoulders, small waist, and can throw on muscle quick as hell... And since he's a tall Mesomorph he's obviously going to NATURALLY stronger than myself.

While Ectomorphs are usually thinner with high metabolism and have to work more intensely and eat a lot more to put on muscle and keep it.

But height usually doesn't have much to do with these body types

And even though these short dudes might look brolic and stronger than most tall cats doesn't always mean they have stronger lifts. I always focused on numbers rather than size/looks. I always had rather been strong than to look it

Last edited:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Any full grown man should be able to bench 225lbs at least once if they've been working out for more than a couple of months.
It all depends on your starting point.

225 isn't impressive for dudes who have been lifting for a while, but it's not something the average person can reach after a few months. Let's be realistic.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ

The average height in America is 5'8'''-5'9''. Most tall young guys would be pushed into basketball thus less inclined to hit the weights?:manny:

Just like dudes with low bodyfat look superbig , dudes who are short with small limbs look big as well. 14 inch arms on a 5'7'' dude with 10% bf.:whew: A 6'3'' would need at-least 17 or 18 to look nice.

Some sports and activities have their advantageous heights. :ld: I want my ideal SG around 6'5'' and my ideal RB 5'8'', but there are exceptions.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

225 isn't impressive for dudes who have been lifting for a while, but it's not something the average person can reach after a few months. Let's be realistic.

:yeshrug: i guess that just depends on what we're calling an average person. give me any 18-30 year old male with no physical deformities or limitations or whatever....let him lift and eat with me 5 days a week...he'll no doubt be able to lift 225lbs for one rep in less than 6 months max.

anyone who has been lifting consistently for awhile that cant lift that much has to be doing something wrong. i think your average person CAN lift that much after a few months...but most people DONT because most people lift or eat incorrectly.

i remember when i was in high school we took weight training in 10th grade. out of the 20 guys in my class no one had ever lifted weights before. most people had a 1 rep max of about 95lbs during the first week. by the time the semester ended (like 18 weeks later) most people had a 1 rep max around 185lbs. and these were 14-15 year old boys with little to no control over their diet. those were actually my exact numbers at the time, which is why i remember it so vividly.

we could just be thinking different semantically tho :yeshrug:

i could also be saying this because im extra hard on myself. i dont think my chest is very strong. i know its stronger than your average gym goer but not by much. and i'm guessing my one rep max is probably around 280lbs right now.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The average height in America is 5'8'''-5'9''. Most tall young guys would be pushed into basketball thus less inclined to hit the weights?:manny:

Just like dudes with low bodyfat look superbig , dudes who are short with small limbs look big as well. 14 inch arms on a 5'7'' dude with 10% bf.:whew: A 6'3'' would need at-least 17 or 18 to look nice.

Some sports and activities have their advantageous heights. :ld: I want my ideal SG around 6'5'' and my ideal RB 5'8'', but there are exceptions.
And you would think that most tall dudes would get pushed into bball, but some aren't. Look wrestlers or professional wrestlers. Some of those dudes are strong as fukk but there are still weight classes for them. Most professional wrestlers are gigantic and strong. Only cats like my size are Rey Mysterio and shyt.

Disco Inferno used to workout at a gym I worked at when I was in HS and dude was pretty fukking big in person. Much bigger than the average gym goer. Imagine what them other dudes looked like.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Realistically most people can get there like the guy I quoted below said. At most it'll take a year but if you do it right you can but truthfully most people don't have people that are around that that are into that to get them hyped up either esp if they don't play sports. I noticed that people that have friends and or play sports and have that group encouragement do it in that time usually provided they crew about lifting not that lazy bullshyt.

:yeshrug: i guess that just depends on what we're calling an average person. give me any 18-30 year old male with no physical deformities or limitations or whatever....let him lift and eat with me 5 days a week...he'll no doubt be able to lift 225lbs for one rep in less than 6 months max.

anyone who has been lifting consistently for awhile that cant lift that much has to be doing something wrong. i think your average person CAN lift that much after a few months...but most people DONT because most people lift or eat incorrectly.

i remember when i was in high school we took weight training in 10th grade. out of the 20 guys in my class no one had ever lifted weights before. most people had a 1 rep max of about 95lbs during the first week. by the time the semester ended (like 18 weeks later) most people had a 1 rep max around 185lbs. and these were 14-15 year old boys with little to no control over their diet. those were actually my exact numbers at the time, which is why i remember it so vividly.

we could just be thinking different semantically tho :yeshrug:

i could also be saying this because im extra hard on myself. i dont think my chest is very strong. i know its stronger than your average gym goer but not by much. and i'm guessing my one rep max is probably around 280lbs right now.
Yeah I went to high school down south so it was a little different but your high school story is similar. Dudes were already even if they didn't do weights really before almost all at 135 but everybody except for about 3 was 225 or better for at least 5 reps over the course of the school year.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
To the people who are saying if you take a guy who never lifted to the gym and in 6 months he will be able to rep 225 for at least 1 rep:camby:

It's going to take alot longer for a person who has never lifted to get 225 up, alot of muscle development is going to be needed I say at least a solid year, no way 6months, unless you have great great genetics.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well it depends on how long you been lifting, how frequently you lift, and etc.

I got my homeboy from benching maybe 265 to 315 in less than 4 months. People need to get on a routine and actually look at what they eat, how much they rest, protein intake, water intake, etc. it was shyt I had to tell him. He's not going to increase anything by not increasing his calorie intake and decreasing the amount of time he worked on chest. Most dudes do upperbody like every other day and expect gains in strength/size.

You can lift for years and not get anywhere because of not combining all the things necessary and issuing a few routines to get you there.

Anyone that is ATLEAST able to rep 135 x 10 can get to a 225 rep with 6-12 months

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My boy been giving me shyt for the past couple of months for not being able to hit 225 on flat and decline (incline ain't gonna happen no time soon). After a lot of hard work and focus I'm proud to say that I can hit 225 on flat and decline free weight, full range 6-8 reps for 5 sets.