How are you eating/sleeping

Whats your routine like

How consistent are you with all this shyt
get like 7ish hours of sleep
heres an example of my chest day:10, 8, 5, 3
Bench Press: 160, 170,185,195
Cable Flies-50, 50, 60, 70
Incline Press-90,100,105,115
I do 3 chest excersizes twice a week, I add variety to the lifts to cause muscle confusion. I really think its beacuse of my small frame, maybe I need stronger arms or sum

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
get like 7ish hours of sleep
heres an example of my chest day:10, 8, 5, 3
Bench Press: 160, 170,185,195
Cable Flies-50, 50, 60, 70
Incline Press-90,100,105,115
I do 3 chest excersizes twice a week, I add variety to the lifts to cause muscle confusion. I really think its beacuse of my small frame, maybe I need stronger arms or sum
Now I wont say this is a hard n fast rule or will work for everybody

But personally I like to pick one weight, hit the same number of reps with it, move up when I can do all the reps I want on it. For example right now I'm doing 3 sets of 5x235... I'm gonna try and move up to 3x6x235, and then when I can comfortably do 3x7x235 I will move up to 245. shyt like that... helps you track progress better and makes everything more consistent. I would only hit chest twice a week.

Also it probably wouldn't hurt to do some tricep movements too... just simple shyt like cable pushdowns

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Which bench press would be good for a beginner...barbell, smith, dumbbell or other? Or any good chest exercises in general

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Now I wont say this is a hard n fast rule or will work for everybody

But personally I like to pick one weight, hit the same number of reps with it, move up when I can do all the reps I want on it. For example right now I'm doing 3 sets of 5x235... I'm gonna try and move up to 3x6x235, and then when I can comfortably do 3x7x235 I will move up to 245. shyt like that... helps you track progress better and makes everything more consistent. I would only hit chest twice a week.

Also it probably wouldn't hurt to do some tricep movements too... just simple shyt like cable pushdowns
This some good advice thnks breh. I do tricep movements on my arm day, three triceps exercises and 2 bicep exercises, since the triceps are 2/3 of your arm mass.
Reverse curls
weighted dips
tricep bench (close grip)
skull crushers etc

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Some of you are real delusional when it comes to this kind of shyt. Dudes from around the work place that claim they want to start working out and come do a session with me normally start off benching 95lbs are less. And these are grown ass men. Most have to warm up with just the bar. To think the average 25+ year old male can get 135 up at least once is a pipe dream. I'd bet the house against that.

Preach fam.

They really underestimating how much time you gotta put in to get to 225, its not easy at all but is def achiveable if you work at it.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This some good advice thnks breh. I do tricep movements on my arm day, three triceps exercises and 2 bicep exercises, since the triceps are 2/3 of your arm mass.
Reverse curls
weighted dips
tricep bench (close grip)
skull crushers etc
I would toss reverse curls, youre not there yet

Otherwise seems like you have the right idea for the most part

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I used to struggle getting close to 225. It was as much of a mental thing more than anything. I usually lift on my own and would never push myself to get over that hurdle. Then I just said fukk it and pushed myself to lift 225 more and more to the point where it became easier.

I'm now doing sets at 225 routinely and get up to doing sets at 245 now. Maxed out at 275 a couple of months ago. I would say that I have been in a consistent weight lifting routine for about 2 years now. I can't stop.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Being a teenager (male) going through puberty is like being on roids brehs. Gains on gains.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I rep like 185-195 nowadays but I can easily rep 225 like 2 or so times if I'm fresh. I got up 255 ONE time a few months ago and never again, must have been the vernal equinox or some shyt. Lately my max is only like 235.

I only weigh like 125-130 though so I'm actually fairly close to maxing double my weight :wow:

bench aint even that important to me anymore. I already bench more for my body weight than probably anyone I personally know. Trying to get that squat down. repping like 285 on that shyt lately :whew: have a nikka feeling right

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I added 20 pounds to my rep yesterday I'm doing 245 now. 5-6 reps.
Pretty good feeling at like 158

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
First of all, it's most... Not all.

And they are world record holders who are most likely, 300lb plus. So having shorter limbs probably isn't as much of a factor as having a huge chest/stomach

And the distance is an excuse, but believe what you want. Because now you're telling me that someone like Darren Sproles, as strong as he is, benches, squats, or has stronger lifts than... Let's say, most tight-ends.

Or Barry Sanders, who did powerlifting and squated between 500-600lbs was stronger than Greg Jones, who could rep 500+ lbs for sets of 8... Or linemen who rep that regularly

So I'm not saying someone who is 6'5 320 could out bench someone who is 5'9 and a record holder... But guess what, most 5'9 cats aren't record holders or have a bench that's over 400. Yet I've SEEN more dudes at 6+ With benches over that much.

But lol, w/e. Use the excuse if you want. Y'all talking about breaking pencils compared to weightlifting just because u seen shorter nikkas bench more than you.

you need to consider the context of a comparison like this though

a larger man has a bigger fulcrum with the earth than a smaller one. Say a freak in the gym like Trent Richardson is going up against Vince Wilfork. Trent might have bigger raw numbers but Vince is basically anchored to the ground allowing more stability

in the gym most lifts(especially bench) are pretty controlled. For bench you are basically getting the same fulcrum everyone else gets. So the weak points shift away from your base to other joints along the path the weight is moving IE shoulder joint(rotator cuffs), elbows, wrists(my weakness)

longer arms mean a greater moment arm when that weight is going through extension, meaning more force applied to joints despite the same weight being lifted

most of the best bench pressers have: thick wrists, shorter arms, beastly shoulders.

but realistically tho weighted dips >>> bench for building an aesthetic chest

Daps
Reppin
NULL

a larger man has a bigger fulcrum with the earth than a smaller one. Say a freak in the gym like Trent Richardson is going up against Vince Wilfork. Trent might have bigger raw numbers but Vince is basically anchored to the ground allowing more stability

in the gym most lifts(especially bench) are pretty controlled. For bench you are basically getting the same fulcrum everyone else gets. So the weak points shift away from your base to other joints along the path the weight is moving IE shoulder joint(rotator cuffs), elbows, wrists(my weakness)

longer arms mean a greater moment arm when that weight is going through extension, meaning more force applied to joints despite the same weight being lifted

most of the best bench pressers have: thick wrists, shorter arms, beastly shoulders.

:ehh:
yea? gonna have to try this...dips kill my elbows tho :patrice:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

But what does being tall got to do with how long/short your arms are?

I'm short but got long arms for my height, And I don't care about benching... Just like there are cats who are taller with short arms with good bench... Just like there are ordinary length tall/short people with good lifts. .

I'm just going to respectfully disagree. The weight doesn't change, just the distance depending on your arm length, form, grip width, effort, etc

Like I said, being tall/short has nothing to do with why YOUR lifts are weak or strong. Don't cut someone else's hard work short because your bench or other lifts aren't up to theirs

And what's funny is that I haven't seen many short lifters benching crazy ass weight... It's usually taller/stocky dudes.