Being Hispanic and watching this race war unfolding in the Coli....

emoney

custom user title
Daps
We're descendants of freed slaves.

Aren't the freed slaves that went to set-up Liberia called Creoles or Americo-Liberians? are these terms derogative and Kunga is the correct one? let me kno

anyways, yeah I don't have a problem with any particular group

I'm Ghanaian, and although I have read a lot about Liberia (how it was set-up), the civil war, Charles Taylor prosecution, etc. I try not too take a stance on or get too involved in other situations..especially if they are Intra-African. So I just read and learn and don't weigh in unless it affects me and mine.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Its funny. A mixed breed is going to tell a full bred black African what black is. :krs:

exactly!

I have nothing against mixed-race people.. but some people to know the reality of the situation. This is the only way we are all going to move forward and progress.

I'm pure black too and I say you not an authority sorry. Yall lost that authority when europeans came and crushed the buildings. We had to start from scratch.

Don't try to pin your mullato fantasies on me doggy im black.

it doesn't work like that

see this is why we always clashing because of your delusion

understand this, ODR (one drop rule) and the racial classifications that you guys adhere to in the United States is wrong

the rest of the world, does it more accurately and you need to follow suit or be left out in the cold

Lord Vile

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Womb to the Tomb
Aren't the freed slaves that went to set-up Liberia called Creoles or Americo-Liberians? are these terms derogative and Kunga is the correct one? let me kno

anyways, yeah I don't have a problem with any particular group

I'm Ghanaian, and although I have read a lot about Liberia (how it was set-up), the civil war, Charles Taylor prosecution, etc. I try not too take a stance on or get too involved in other situations..especially if they are Intra-African. So I just read and learn and don't weigh in unless it affects me and mine.

Never heard the word creole before, but Americo-Liberians get used by some who feel like elitist. Kunga is what the tribal or for lack of a better word "native" Liberians call us.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
People of African descent.

Being that Africa is the birthplace of humanity, its oversimplifying to say that we're all people of African Descent..

With that said, where do we draw the lines on how far back we go to judge one's heritage?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
:what: Yeah, take a look. Only in your mind am I not black. If I went to russia, brazil, kenya ill still be black.
In Brazil you would be Black? :laff:

Kenya? :laff:

Russia? Russia is known as a racist country. You right they would throw bananas at your ass.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Never heard the word creole before, but Americo-Liberians get used by some who feel like elitist. Kunga is what the tribal or for lack of a better word "native" Liberians call us.

ok kool.

What do you think about Charles Taylor getting 50 years?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
In Brazil you would be Black? :laff:
Kenya? :laff:
Russia? Russia is known as a racist country. You right they would throw bananas at your ass.
I have friends who are lightter than him who are African immigrants and considered "black" when they go home. Another African poster in here has already said that light-skin doesn't necessarily mean diluted in Africa. :wow: You're dense.

You're following behind a dude who doesn't even really know where his people are from and he's directly African. :pachaha::lolbron: The crowd you keep...

Daps
didn't the freed slaves go to liberia and enslave the natives :scusthov:

The Americo-Liberians had been cut off from their African cultural inheritance by the conditions of slavery, and were entirely acculturated to contemporary Euro-America society. They were of mixed African and European ancestry and therefore generally lighter-skinned than the indigenous blacks. Crucially, they had absorbed beliefs in the religious superiority of Protestant Christianity, the cultural superiority of European civilization, and the aesthetic superiority of European skin color and hair texture.

They created a social and material facsimile of American society in Liberia, maintaining their English-speaking, Americanized way of life, and building churches and houses resembling those of the Southern U.S.

The Americo-Liberians never constituted more than five percent of the population of Liberia, yet they controlled key resources that allowed them to dominate the local native peoples: access to the ocean, modern technical skills, literacy and higher levels of education, and valuable relationships with many American institutions, including the American government.

Ironically, one aspect of American society that the Americo-Liberians recreated was a cultural and racial caste system—however, in this case with themselves at the top instead of the bottom. To them, their society must have seemed radically different from the USA because it rejected the ubiquitous Western belief in immutable racial hierarchy, which had led the colonists to despair of life in the USA. They, on the other hand, believed in racial equality, and therefore in the potential of all people to become 'civilized' through evangelization and education. Like many white missionaries before and after them, they were frustrated by the natives' lack of interest in becoming 'civilized.'

Some local people assimilated into Americo-Liberian society, often by marriage. Some entire coastal tribes became Protestants and learned English. But most indigenous Africans kept to their traditional languages and religions. Before long, the Americo-Liberian ruling elite was living rather prosperously, sending their children to America for (often racially segregated) high school and college education, and keeping the indigenous peoples excluded from all political and economic leadership.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I have friends who are lightter than him who are African immigrants and considered "black" when they go home. Another African poster in here has already said that light-skin doesn't necessarily mean diluted in Africa. :wow: You're dense.

You're following behind a dude who doesn't even really know where his people are from and he's directly African. :pachaha::lolbron: The crowd you keep...

Let me reiterate,

"Blackness" has no ethnic or cultural value.

African-American does.

Blackness is a racial term and refers to a range of phenotypes.

Blackness is not defined so of course your friend can make that claim.

Whose this?

I hope your not talking about me as you'd be wong

GreatestLaker is not following me

We just agree on many points because were both educated and informed on these issues

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

My dude, both these nikkas making shyt up as they go a long. E-money don't know what the fukk he talking about n he think an authority. :scusthov: greatest laker really think the police wont slap his nappy head around for being black in a rich white area in brazil :laff:

Lord Vile

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Womb to the Tomb
ok kool.

What do you think about Charles Taylor getting 50 years?

They should've of handed him over to the people, like they did to Saddam, but that would be wrong since he was doing their bidding

didn't the freed slaves go to liberia and enslave the natives :scusthov:

Yeah, it sickening how they left oppression, only yo enforce the same oppression on others. Dark Times.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Let me reiterate,
"Blackness" has no ethnic or cultural value.
African-American does.
Blackness is a racial term and refers to a range of phenotypes.
Blackness is not defined so of course your friend can make that claim.
Whose this?
I hope your not talking about me as you'd be wong
GreatestLaker is not following me
We just agree on many points because were both educated and informed on these issues
You used the word "black" earlier. When other people use it, it's wrong and people can't make that claim. Shut up c00n. African-Americans are the best thing "people of African descent" have going for themselves. You all follow us and thrive of our accomplishments and strives. :sitdown:

My dude, both these nikkas making shyt up as they go a long. E-money don't know what the fukk he talking about n he think an authority. :scusthov: greatest laker really think the police wont slap his nappy head around for being black in a rich white area in brazil :laff:

My breh doesn't even know where the Niger-Congo people come from :bryan:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
They should've of handed him over to the people, like they did to Saddam, but that would be wrong since he was doing their bidding

so your saying he should have gotten worse then the 50 behind bars?

:pachaha: aight :cool:

I'm not a big fan of dictators...guys like Gbagbo and Mubarak about to do those football jersey numbers.

Kagame, Kabila, Musevini, Al-Bashir and that dude in Burkina Faso (who has been in power ever since Sanakra was killed) all need to face those hard bars. But besides Bashir, the rest won't because they are American allies.

Lord Vile said:
Yeah, it sickening how they left oppression, only yo enforce the same oppression on others. Dark Times.

yup just another case of the oppressed becoming the oppressors smh