Being Hispanic and watching this race war unfolding in the Coli....

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh:

if you mean dissing your fellow brothers like they don't matter such as selling them to white folks that might be our black characteristics :skip:

ibdDVN2EfyY4Ww.gif

:sadcam:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I'm just sayin' breh. You on sohh.COM/listen to Hip-Hop/live in America/Canada/etc. for a reason. :shaq2: It ain't because shyt y'all did over there.

I love my African brehs, but y'all owe a lot of things to African-Americans even when y'all try to shame us and we still support OUR continent in ways a lot of y'all get over here and forget about/try to hide/run from (not necessarily you, just speaking in general)

Ain't no Africans raisin' funds to stop the war in Chicago, but look what African Americans do for Africa.

No doubt, the cultural influences go both ways though. It's not just one way.

I got love for African-Americans and all "coloured peoples" in the diaspora. Don't get it twisted. I was raised by Ghanaian parents to be Black first and when I was younger I was big on Black unity and Pan-Africanism.

As far as continetal Africans trying to shame Afro-Americans or people in the diaspora that definitely happens. But yall try to shyt on us as well..but you guys act like it doesn't go on. But me personally, I check those people who try to do that from our side.

And I do agree, that African-Americans have done a lot for continental African causes...probably a lot more than what we have done for your causes.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I'm just sayin' breh. You on sohh.COM/listen to Hip-Hop/live in America/Canada/etc. for a reason. :shaq2: It ain't because shyt y'all did over there.

I love my African brehs, but y'all owe a lot of things to African-Americans even when y'all try to shame us and we still support OUR continent in ways a lot of y'all get over here and forget about/try to hide/run from (not necessarily you, just speaking in general)

Ain't no Africans raisin' funds to stop the war in Chicago or keep black kids out of prison, but look what African Americans do for Africa ALL THE DAMN TIME.

cosign

emoney

custom user title
Daps
:dwillhuh:

if you mean dissing your fellow brothers like they don't matter such as selling them to white folks that might be our black characteristics :skip:

That definitely happened.

It was corrupt African kings and chiefs doing that. Just like the same African elites don't care about the masses and screw them over till this day.

Why should I be blamed for something drunk, illiterate African chief did? I'm not from a royal, aristocratic family and on the right day I could have been sold away as well. Those of us on the 9 to 5 level keep blaming each other and going at it when its the elites on both sides who we should be pointing the finger at.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Nah bossman you a good dude. It's emoney with that fukk African Americans talk doe. I apologies if I offended the real african brehs.

how am I on that fukk AAs talk?

I said some of yall are not Black and have no business defining or regulating Blackness

emoney

custom user title
Daps
It will but in order for that to happen black americans have to lead the way.

Dominicans might no be black in they own country but as soon as they step into ours they are. If im not considered black in "ghana :childplease: " then it is what it is.

ok I understand, whoever's land it is does the interpreting and rule making

but there needs to be some type of consensus in regards to this

Lord Vile

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Womb to the Tomb
so your saying he should have gotten worse then the 50 behind bars?

:pachaha: aight :cool:

I'm not a big fan of dictators...guys like Gbagbo and Mubarak about to do those football jersey numbers.

Kagame, Kabila, Musevini, Al-Bashir and that dude in Burkina Faso (who has been in power ever since Sanakra was killed) all need to face those hard bars. But besides Bashir, the rest won't because they are American allies.

Hopefully change happens sooner than later. When those revolutions were happening in north Africa I was hoping that our oppressed brothers would rise up.

Tres Chic

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not interested in any parts of this conversation but when I see bullshyt I have to speak. this AA "we paved the way" talk that always seems to arise in convos like this is tired and only exposes American insularity and a lack of awareness of the histories and cultures of many African countries and the work we put in to sustain our own communities.

Just because people like to bump Lil Wayne from time to time does not mean you influence jack shyt. if anything I would attribute the globalization of hip hop to a larger system of American hegemony than anything else. Get off your high horse, we don't owe you shyt and you don't dictate shyt.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
Every country has different views on race

I agree though black and brown should stick together......because hispanics lets keep it real if white people wanted you there would be no check here for Hispanic/latino box

this coming from a fellow dominican

:yes:

I can't speak for all "hispanics" but.....most of us aren't raised to identify with our race, we're taught to identify with our ethnicity and culture. I was never brought up thinking that I was "white" because of my skin color, I was brought up knowing that I was Puerto Rican.

I am a very light (white) Puerto Rican. I would rather identify with my ethnicity than to have to say that I'm white. I wouldn't want people to get confused and think I'm a cac.

Since Ricans are just a combo of other ethnicities (native americans,africans,spainards) could I still claim black even tho my skin color is obviously light? Honest question, I've always wondered.