Being Hispanic and watching this race war unfolding in the Coli....

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:shaq2:This again? Didnt we have a thread on this like 2 months ago?

And here y'all go shytting on Dominicans again.we must be the make em mad crew.:smugfavre: we a mixed nation brehs, but I know we mostly have black blood. I'm cool with that shyt like my boy:obama:

Anyway I see my boy Lewis black got his face in the place makin sure his voice is heard :jawalrus:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
§ansprix™;686161 said:
:yes:

I can't speak for all "hispanics" but.....most of us aren't raised to identify with our race, we're taught to identify with our ethnicity and culture. I was never brought up thinking that I was "white" because of my skin color, I was brought up knowing that I was Puerto Rican.

I am a very light (white) Puerto Rican. I would rather identify with my ethnicity than to have to say that I'm white. I wouldn't want people to get confused and think I'm a cac.

Since Ricans are just a combo of other ethnicities (native americans,africans,spainards) could I still claim black even tho my skin color is obviously light? Honest question, I've always wondered.
Chris Broussard, Wentworth Miller, Mariah Carey all claim black when they look mostly white to begin with. If you have African blood of course you can claim it. Same way you can claim Taino and Spanish blood. It makes no sense to deny part of your heritage. I claim everything.

§ansprix™;686161 said:
I was never brought up thinking that I was "white" because of my skin color, I was brought up knowing that I was Puerto Rican.
Where were you brought up?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
:shaq2:This again? Didnt we have a thread on this like 2 months ago?

And here y'all go shytting on Dominicans again.we must be the make em mad crew.:smugfavre: we a mixed nation brehs, but I know we mostly have black blood. I'm cool with that shyt like my boy:obama:

Anyway I see my boy Lewis black got his face in the place makin sure his voice is heard :jawalrus:
People tend to hate ignorance. Hence they tend to shyt on most Dominicans.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
Chris Broussard, Wentworth Miller, Mariah Carey all claim black when they look mostly white to begin with. If you have African blood of course you can claim it. Same way you can claim Taino and Spanish blood. It makes no sense to deny part of your heritage. I claim everything.

Where were you brought up?

I was born and raised in NYC.....but spent a lot of time in PR also.

Edit: I was just wondering, because I would much prefer to claim black, than white. I just wondered if I would get the :childplease: since I'm so white.

George Gooney

AA GANG AA GANG AA GANG
Daps
Reppin
NYC
§ansprix™;687007 said:
I was born and raised in NYC.....but spent a lot of time in PR also.

Edit: I was just wondering, because I would much prefer to claim black, than white. I just wondered if I would get the :childplease: since I'm so white.

your future is grim because of your white skin. maybe you could save your offspring by breeding with a black c00n.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
My nygga lewis black killing it in this thread.

Anyways to the mulatto confused nygga greatlakes, why are you lying about Africa? do you believe every "African" person has to look alike akon? or else they mixed?

explain.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Threads like this make me want to get that genetic ancestry test thing just out of curiosity and for the hell of it. I seriously look at the census and I'm like wtf am I supposed to put here. I don't really identify myself as part of any group, but for census sake, I just put Hispanic/Latino whatever it says. The retarded discussion I've heard about race and observations in my life has made me not care to identify myself with any race. I'm me.

Another Dominican here.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
My nygga lewis black killing it in this thread.

Anyways to the mulatto confused nygga greatlakes, why are you lying about Africa? do you believe every "African" person has to look alike akon? or else they mixed?

explain.

That's the thing

there is no such thing as an "African" person or an "African" identity

Akon is Senegalese (Wolof to be more exact)

any and everyone who actually hails from the continent understand this

it's people in the Americas who don't know or can't accept that "Africans" do not consider themselves the same

Africa is just a geographical location

There's tens of thousands of tribes, hundreds of ethnic groups and that is why people who are lazy just say "African" because it's easier then actually studying and learning the many groups that exist.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Threads like this make me want to get that genetic ancestry test thing just out of curiosity and for the hell of it. I seriously look at the census and I'm like wtf am I supposed to put here. I don't really identify myself as part of any group, but for census sake, I just put Hispanic/Latino whatever it says. The retarded discussion I've heard about race and observations in my life has made me not care to identify myself with any race. I'm me.

Another Dominican here.

DO IT!

It will give you a more precise understanding of your ancestry...so you don't have to be confused like some of the people in this thread.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
You guys are focused on the semantics too much. If you have negroid features and you step your ass onto Americans soil...guess what you'll be treated and looked upon as? You think cacs give a fukk about your genealogy? The fact is, traits like darker skin etc. are genetically dominant. This means that even if you're only half black, your ass is gonna look more black than you will white or whatever else you're mixed with. So call yourself what you wanna call yourself, you'll still be viewed and treated like the rest of us.:youngsabo:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
You guys are focused on the semantics too much. If you have negroid features and you step your ass onto Americans soil...:

What are Negroid/Black features?

because some will say Blacks are so diverse that we come in all skin complexions, hair textures, body types, nose shapes, eye colours, etc.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
You guys are focused on the semantics too much. If you have negroid features and you step your ass onto Americans soil...guess what you'll be treated and looked upon as? You think cacs give a fukk about your genealogy? The fact is, traits like darker skin etc. are genetically dominant. This means that even if you're only half black, your ass is gonna look more black than you will white or whatever else you're mixed with. So call yourself what you wanna call yourself, you'll still be viewed and treated like the rest of us.:youngsabo:
That's actually not a fact at all. Its not even remotely close to the truth.