Being black at work described so perfectly

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I'm done with these motherfukkers.
Check this...when there's a meeting, I make sure my whole team knows so we don't miss the shyt right.
So I'm sittin at my desk...my team comes in, says hi, talks the shyt over the morning coffee then we all get back to work.
I'm sittin there and ti's quiet...everyone is gone.
So I get up and go to the latrine...
I walk past the conference room on the way to the latrine and see ALL THESE MOTHERfukkERS SITTIN in there in a meeting....
:gucci:

and somehow not one of them thought to let me know there was a meeting.
AND IM SITTING IN THE SAME fukkIN ROOM AS THEM!!!
Okay.....bet....I see how you fukkin cacs roll.
Lesson learned.
See if I ever notify yall asses ever again about ANY-THING motherfukkers!!!!
:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:
It's officially WAR.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Lol at how people on the coli brag about being anti social. This extends to how we interact with our own people as well. How can you be effective leaders if you don't know how to communicate and interact with a variety of people. That's why other people move up the ladder and you're stuck wondering why you're in the same position. No one likes you.

Shhhh breh this isn't an empowerment thread it's an "I'm too cool for those cacs" thread.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Keep in mind some jobs they will "let you go" and make up imaginary performance issues to try and prevent a discrimination lawsuit.

You can bust your ass everyday work harder than the White man sitting next to you and they'll still take a profit hit rather than put up with your black ass even if you are one of the highest performers.

I am not saying tap dance to keep your job but it is something to be on the lookout for.

I am in the process of eyeing city employment where this kind of thing is practically impossible. Government jobs are highly safe for Black Men and Women, White people are the minority there. And it's incredibly difficult for anyone whether CAC or c00n to harass you because there are so many resources available to Govt employees to rectify those types of situations. You can easily move departments internally between multiple city agencies depending on the size of your city.

Dunno if you heard...but white supremacist in chief is already puttin the kibosh on your plans...
:usure:

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Dunno if you heard...but white supremacist in chief is already puttin the kibosh on your plans...
:usure:

He has no control over NY city or state budgets despite his domain here...

Cuomo will give him the middle finger any day of the week - He can try that bullshyt with NJ and Fatso CAC Christie over across the river.

Daps
Pretty much. Some people at my job always questioning why I never participate in the pot lucks and "team building" exercises. Simply put, I don't like them like that and just come to get paid and leave.
My boss always ask me to get a drink with him but he's a spoiled racist white rich prick who's a bit of a dikk. I don't get why these ppl even look for friends with this kind of mentality.

Daps
Lol at how people on the coli brag about being anti social. This extends to how we interact with our own people as well. How can you be effective leaders if you don't know how to communicate and interact with a variety of people. That's why other people move up the ladder and you're stuck wondering why you're in the same position. No one likes you.
I will never smile, Chuck and jive up the ladder for the white man. Let my work ethic and professionalism speak for itself and leave your racist undertones to your inner circle of racist queers.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Look...I agree that the way to "advance" in the workplace and whatnot is to "forge relationships" and "be congenial"...

...but I can do that lookin' a fool in my professional setting.

I mean, that one broad got on a sombrero. No thanks.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
especially someone who hates me because of my skin color
so are you still going to sit around and be a failure?

You're projecting you issues with self hate onto white people. These people very much so may not like you because of your skin color but when you have accomplishments and carry yourself with respect they have no choice but to respect you. The fact that you are already defeated exemplifies how little you think of yourself.

I have recruiters knocking down my door and I never kissed an ass in my life. Even if I did I'd rather play the game and suck up to those who have power than fail at life due to not being able to work an organization just so I can relate to other failures such as yourself.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
This shyt is deeper than most of you think.

Managers and CEO's have figured out (with the help of behavioral psychologists) that having workers who are emotionally vested in the workplace creates better results for the company. So all this stuff about "team building" and "bonding with your co-workers" is all just a ploy to get you to feel like you're not "just" an employee, you're part of something greater: a family. The only problem is that a workplace is NOT a family.

However, most people buy into that crap so they end up not only befriending their co-workers, they become very loyal to their workplace, to their "team", and many even organize their lives around their workplace. They might date and eventually marry a co-worker, they might move to live closer to work, their closest circle of friends becomes their co-workers - especially if they've been working in the same place for years, maybe even decades, etc..

But it is all just an illusion. The loyalty that these employees show to their workplace and "team" is never reciprocated. The primary objective of a company is maximizing profit - that's it! If the company feels that firing you would improve profit, they will fire you. For many people, this realization comes far too late and this is why being fired from a job can be a very traumatic experience for some people. Many even commit suicide. They feel that they've invested so much of themselves in the company and they thus end up feeling betrayed.

Modern society has obfuscated the line between private life and work so much so that many people define themselves by the type of work that they do (the first thing that people will tell you after their name is the type of work that they do). This has led to an increase in productivity but on the flip side, it has left many people vulnerable in the event of termination of employment.

Brehs who have a clear separation between work and privacy see this reality for what it is and are looking for their best interests. Even some of the Cacs aren't fooled by the BS which is why many of them are opportunistic and will stab their "team" in the back if necessary. They will put up a front tho and pretend to be friends with everyone.

Tl;dr:

Look out for your best interests brehs. Understand that the nature of a company is to maximize profit and that you're just a small piece of the puzzle who can be discarded at any moment. Avoid becoming emotionally attached to your workplace, co-workers etc. Be friendly tho.

Last edited:
Daps
I would rather be social at work than that one person that doesn't socialize with anyone
You can socialize at work. Just pick and choose your conversations wisely. Never talk about politics or religion and don't get too comfortable around certain white people especially if they're from the south. Working in a predominantly white company is scary in itself.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I would rather be social at work than that one person that doesn't socialize with anyone
Y'all gotta know how to blend in.

You know how assasins and spies get the Intel and dip? Blending in.

You know how you get promoted and excel your career? By appearing harmless (even if you have a mental 1911 on you at all times).

This "I don't like y'all im hear to work and go home" ish is what keeps you entry level for the rest of your life.

I don't like them either but blend the fuk in, smile (even if they are idiots) maintain a modicum of respect, get yours then move on to the next unsuspecting victim.

How insecure are you as a person that you feel the need to socialize due to fake, external pressures?

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This shyt is deeper than most of you think.

Managers and CEO's have figured out (with the help of behavioral psychologists) that having workers who are emotionally vested in the workplace creates better results for the company. So all this stuff about "team building" and "bonding with your co-workers" is all just a ploy to get you to feel like you're not "just" an employee, you're part of something greater: a family. The only problem is that a workplace is NOT a family.

However, most people buy into that crap so they end up not only befriending their co-workers, they become very loyal to their workplace, to their "team", and many even organize their lives around their workplace. They might date and eventually marry a co-worker, they might move to live closer to work, their closest circle of friends becomes their co-workers - especially if they've been working in the same place for years, maybe even decades, etc..

But it is all just an illusion. The loyalty that these employees show to their workplace and "team" is never reciprocated. The primary objective of a company is maximizing profit - that's it! If the company feels that firing you would improve profit, they will fire you. For many people, this realization comes far too late and this is why being fired from a job can be a very traumatic experience for some people. Many even commit suicide. They feel that they've invested so much of themselves in the company and they thus end up feeling betrayed.

Modern society has obfuscated the line between private life and work so much so that many people define themselves by the type of work that they do (the first thing that people will tell you after their name is the type of work that they do). This has led to an increase in productivity but on the flip side, it has left many people vulnerable in the event of termination of employment.

Brehs who have a clear separation between work and privacy see this reality for what it is and are looking for their best interests. Even some of the Cacs aren't fooled by the BS which is why many of them are opportunistic and will stab their "team" in the back if necessary. They will put up a front tho and pretend to be friends with everyone.

Tl;dr:

Look out for your best interests brehs. Understand that the nature of a company is to maximize profit and that you're just a small piece of puzzle who can be discarded at any moment. Avoid becoming emotionally attached to your workplace, co-workers etc. Be friendly tho.

Helluva post.

This has been discussed ad nauseam on here but your post pretty much encapsulated everything.

Folks scared that being casually friendly and offering professional courtesy and cordiality isn't enough. If that's not enough then fukk it... :camby: