Being black at work described so perfectly

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
I'm not missing anything.

Nobody was bragging about being anti-social in here and you made a huge sweeping generalization about black people in the work place.
But once again you ain't white :mjpls:

Just talked with one of the mods, cac is gettin the Axe shortly :wow:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm not missing anything.

Nobody was bragging about being anti-social in here and you made a huge sweeping generalization about black people in the work place.
But once again you ain't white :mjpls:
It's fine. You think I'm a cac, cool. I've built a successful existence for myself and simply want to share some wisdom. Outside of this thread, this topic has been brought up before. All in all Im just trying to say that doing the bare minimum at work isn't enough. Saying high and bye will keep you at the bottom of the totem pole.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
:yeshrug: this what u nikkas get for still working 9 to 5...told yall to quit that shyt.....

how u gonna get your swag if u get screamed at everyday....i wish somebody would threaten to write me up....ill choke a manager out like spreewell did to PJ
u cant even get fly when u have a job....u gotta dress like that cac dilbert from the comic strip
Both of these quotes had me crying

nikka said dilbert:laff:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I would rather be social at work than that one person that doesn't socialize with anyone
OR you could just be yourself. It's weird how people come to work to be social in the first placr then have the nerve to get mad at you if you're about business only. I could see if you were a slacker and anti social but there is absolutely nothing wrong with small talk and doing your job.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
It's fine. You think I'm a cac, cool. I've built a successful existence for myself and simply want to share some wisdom. Outside of this thread, this topic has been brought up before. All in all Im just trying to say that doing the bare minimum at work isn't enough. Saying high and bye will keep you at the bottom of the totem pole.

Those the same dudes that will complain about white workplace bias but take no steps to playing the game and winning. Loser mentality. You have to assert yourself and fight for what you want in life.

Racism is and will always be a problem but it's never stopped the successful black people I know. Slowed them down maybe but not stopped.

Last edited:

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Y'all gotta know how to blend in.

You know how assasins and spies get the Intel and dip? Blending in.

You know how you get promoted and excel your career? By appearing harmless (even if you have a mental 1911 on you at all times).

This "I don't like y'all im hear to work and go home" ish is what keeps you entry level for the rest of your life.

I don't like them either but blend the fuk in, smile (even if they are idiots) maintain a modicum of respect, get yours then move on to the next unsuspecting victim.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Y'all gotta know how to blend in.

You know how assasins and spies get the Intel and dip? Blending in.

You know how you get promoted and excel your career? By appearing harmless (even if you have a mental 1911 on you at all times).

This "I don't like y'all im hear to work and go home" ish is what keeps you entry level for the rest of your life.

I don't like them either but blend the fuk in, smile (even if they are idiots) maintain a modicum of respect, get yours then move on to the next unsuspecting victim.

Have to know the possibility for upward mobility and a strong career trajectory within the company. Some companies don't offer much of either, so it's not worth any modicum of that step-n-fetchit shyt. For a company that offers both, then :manny: ... I won't judge. :hubie: