Being black and living in a predominantly white city/town/society is physically & mentally hazardous

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I grew up in a very diverse area, we had whites, blacks, mixed, filipinos, mexicans, native americans, foreign exchange (military base). And I am sorry but I havent met a white person in my entire life who wasnt some type of line stepper, whether it was intentional or not.

I kicked it with one white dude in my adult life who said some shyt, he didnt think anything of it but once again just steppin on lines. We were out to eat at a village inn and the waitress came to us, asked us for our drinks, came back took our food order, then when she brought the food asked again for coffee and I said "No thanks, we're good on the coffee" and she was kind of like :merchant: **thinking to herself** "nobody has ever told me that they dont want coffee or implied that I should stop asking/offering" then she was like "..OK" and walked off.

This fool was like "Wow.....what was that?"
"That was nothing, I said no thank you..."
"No, you basically told her to go fukk herself and stop asking if you wanted coffee"
"Ok if you want to see it like that......."
"Why are you guys..do you people...why is it that you are so forward, like your quick to tell people what you want or dont want?"
":stopitslime: the fukk you mean by that?"
"No, im just saying I used to be a waiter and I just noticed like if you wanted something like hot sauce or bbq sauce that wasnt on the table you dont hesitate to be like "Can you bring the whole bottle out?" or if you dont want something like now with the coffee you're like "No thanks, im good with the coffee". There's nothing wrong with saying what you want or don't want, it's just so forward, it can be off putting, you know what I mean?"

I straight up told dude we had to dead this conversation because I already know where its goin and while he may say black patrons are loud in establishments or dont tip, white people all the time wont hesitate to ask to speak to a manager and get the number for the manager or owner and ceo, write corporate or talk shyt on the news about a restaurant because they feel they have gotten bad service or their experience wasn't up to their expectations.

All while in this dudes mind he wasnt intentionally stepping on a line, he literally didnt know where he was venturing. But then theres those who like to limit test.

Maybe its because I think we've been in the same boat but Ive never encountered any of the cats that I grew up with that were mexican or filipino or black saying some slick shyt. Maybe they did it all behind closed door, but my peers and their families never provided me any experiences. When ive bumped head with white peers and some of their families.

Even a fukkin white coworker said to me like 2 months ago and I quote

I was like "nikka I just walked into the room and this is how you approach me? The fukk is the point of this story?"
I've met those type of people :yeshrug:it comes with the territory.
But I've also met white people who weren't about that stuff, no racist jokes because the type of people I hang out with aren't the type to do that about any group because that wasn't their style, they share the same views as me, and there was one white friend we discovered was racist, well he kind of let it come out himself because he thought I was a "good one" and we all just stopped talking to him.
I guess it depends on the people you choose to talk too. Some of the best people I've known in my life were white.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I've totally rejected caring about what people think.
This. And fixed.

But not just white people. All people.

I live wherever the fukk I want. Hood, burbs, communist country. Doesn't matter, I'm free. OP sounds like a mental slave.

Could give 2 shyts about anyone except for family - I been rogue from typical society anyway - everywhere I go including black communities I got haters and shyt talkers 2 centers. I wanna dye my hair white because i feel like it. nikkas talkin shyt, do it anyway cause I'm free (figure of speech)

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Lol. Ive made some improvements. Like the other day, i was walking to the other side of the street and this white woman was getting bags out of her trunk. The old me would have gave her TONS of space but i walked within the normal limits because i dont give a fukk anymore. Crazy how the system of white supremacy has brothers scared of white women without even wanting to cause harm to her. They scared of us based off our skin which is insane when you REALLY take a second and think about it
It's funny how this a universal thing that all black men can relate too :russ:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Do you work out there? What's keeping you in a place that you hate so much? If you are unemployed and living in pittsburgh that doesn't sound like the wave.
I'm only here to take care of family. My dad was sick and that was the main reason I left nyc to go back home. Luckily he's doing better now. I'm leaving here in late December early january.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm only here to take care of family. My dad was sick and that was the main reason I left nyc to go back home. Luckily he's doing better now. I'm leaving here in late December early january.
I think the DMV would be a good scene for you, or maybe even taking some time off to vacation in the carribbean. At least down there you'll see plenty of black faces in positions of power, that aren't as widely seen in America......

It really humbles me every time I go down. The truth is, white people in this country won't truly understand the plight of minorities go through, until they aren't in the majority.....

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I think the DMV would be a good scene for you, or maybe even taking some time off to vacation in the carribbean. At least down there you'll see plenty of black faces in positions of power, that aren't as widely seen in America......
Word. My friend lives in Baltimore...I've been there many times. I've only been visiting DC recently.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Word. My friend lives in Baltimore...I've been there many times. I've only been visiting DC recently.
Especially PG County @2Quik4UHoes :salute:

Low key I wouldn't mind planting roots down there. I'm thinking of going to Howard for Grad school( physical therapy) when I finish getting some experience under my belt out west.....

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This. And fixed.

But not just white people. All people.

I live wherever the fukk I want. Hood, burbs, communist country. Doesn't matter, I'm free. OP sounds like a mental slave.

Could give 2 shyts about anyone except for family - I been rogue from typical society anyway - everywhere I go including black communities I got haters and shyt talkers 2 centers. I wanna dye my hair white because i feel like it. nikkas talkin shyt, do it anyway cause I'm free (figure of speech)
I agree and yes unfortunately OP is fukked in the head IMO. His family did him a disservice if he acts IRL like he post. I hope dude don't off himself one day cause he always seems sad and or reaching out for help on here which doesn't seem to be the most healthy way to live life.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

It really humbles me every time I go down. The truth is, white people in this country won't truly understand the plight of minorities go through, until they aren't in the majority.....

Tru post. It was a shock for me coming to the US coming from see Black faces in places of power.

I'm trying get my grades up and transfer to the University of Baltimore :lupe:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I agree and yes unfortunately OP is fukked in the head IMO. His family did him a disservice if he acts IRL like he post. I hope dude don't off himself one day cause he always seems sad and or reaching out for help on here which doesn't seem to be the most healthy way to live life.
I won't disagree that I think OP needs some help, but I think a change in environment would be the perfect treatment for him....

I mean I've lived in the suburbs of Los Angeles all my life, so I get where breh is coming from. Society out here can definitely take a toll on a breh, especially when most blacks in LA live in the worse off parts of, town, best believe I get looks all the time from "neighbors" where I live, like they're about to call the cops or some shyt :manny:

But I'm not going stop being me...
By nature I'm a very positive cat...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Tru post. It was a shock for me coming to the US coming from see Black faces in places of power.

I'm trying get my grades up and transfer to the University of Baltimore :lupe:
straight straight......

Just stay in school, soak up as much knowledge as possible, never forget where you came from or your people and you'll be straight. :salute:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I won't disagree that I think OP needs some help, but I think a change in environment would be the perfect treatment for him....

I mean I've lived in the suburbs of Los Angeles all my life, so I get where breh is coming from. Society out here can definitely take a toll on a breh, especially when most blacks in LA live in the worse off parts of, town, best believe I get looks all the time from "neighbors" where I live, like they're about to call the cops or some shyt :manny:

But I'm not going stop being me...
By nature I'm a very positive cat...
See that last sentence is exactly what I'm talking about. We all going to have shyt going on in our lives but its how you go about it IMO. I don't think the way he does it works well at all and going by his post I seem to be right. He not the only one either. Ive saw a few cats IRL on that constantly gloom and doom stuff and it don't seem to work. Also like you I'm not worried about looks others give me fukk em honestly. When people stop caring what people (esp non family/trust worthy friends) think and just live their lives they will start to be better off just saying.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Why yall say this almost as if you want me to kill myself?

People like yourself always find a way to attack the messenger...me. and completely ignore the message. do me a favor. Get off my dikk.