Being black and living in a predominantly white city/town/society is physically & mentally hazardous

Daps
Reppin
VOID
You may have mentioned it earlier but how did DC exceed your expectations?

Also, I live East of the River (DC) and love it!
First of all...mad cool people around my age damn near everywhere. Mad black folks. I was pleasantly surprised.

Very nice. I haven't been to too many parts outside of the national mall..but I'm gonna have to.spend some more time there based on my visit.

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
This quote from the vox article had me like
:mjcry:
These little microaggressions include things like going to a reception and sipping a glass of wine, and no one talks to you; trying to go into an elevator and someone doesn't hold the door from you; or walking into the elevator and someone moves further away as if they're concerned about you snatching their purse. These things are happening at a subconscious level, and they have a physiological and psychological response. That degrades your health, and it has been shown to degrade the strength of the immune system."

I agree with many of the points from the op. I wonder how many black folks feel the same.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Biggest payback to cacs is being successful and not giving a fukk bout their culture,opinions,women,lifestyle or feelings

I laugh at nikkas who think they are getting back at cacs by fukking their pasty ,entitled,assless women
Paying a gang of mutt support for 18 years is not revenge

Get paper and stick to your own...
Real nikka shyt
:myman:

Biggest payback to cacs would be an all out slaughter of the white race, but that's a whole other conversation :mjpls:

sun raw

All Star
Daps
I completely get you, OP.

I grew up surrounded by Blacks and Latinos so it was never something that I was constantly conscious of but the moment I started attending school is when suddenly all the "ignorance is bliss" stuff went out the window and I had to be aware of the fact that I was surrounded by mostly white people. The microaggressions were the worst part for me honestly because that shyt just builds up and up until it's just dehumanizing. shyt made those first two years of school stressful and it would've been great if I didn't have to go through that but what worked for me is finding ways to reaffirm my Blackness, no matter how unimportant it seemed. I had to take advantage of all the resources that I was surrounded by or else I don't know if I would've wanted to keep going through with it.