‘Batman: Caped Crusader’ - New Animated Series from Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, & Matt Reeves

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
One thing I noticed is that whenever someone was shot in this show, there was no blood. This isn't on cable (and it's not the '90s), so I wonder why they chose not to show blood from a gunshot wound.
They showed the blood when Dent got shot the first time in the final episode. At least he had bloody foot steps

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
This was very entertaining. I watched it with my son over the weekend and finished the last 2 episodes the other night. Is it the OG series? No. Are questionable character changes? Yes. This is supposed to be its own story not the og series or comics. My son started watching the YouTube nerds that complain about everything :snoop: but he liked the series.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjlol:Cool show but the DEI shyt killed the immersion and made it corny.
That shyt really had no bearing on the show at all. The Penguin was actually a dope switch b/c it showed how savage she was and even murked her own son. The Barbara, Harley, and Montoya shyt was barely 5-10 minutes. Barbara was a G throughout and never gave up on Harvey. Harley was thick as fukk and lowkey nuts forreal. Added some depth to her character IMO. Montoya even showed how capable she was.

Flass and Bullock were the lowkey real villains of this shyt :huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I'm not all the way through but do they comment on the Gordon’s being black at all? Not like Alfred talking jive but it would make sense that black Gordon would have way more obstacles to becoming commish than white Gordon would. Without that I don't really get the point.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Finally finished this

Ep 9 - Bruce talking to Dent lowkey turns into Batman

Ep 10 - Dent talking to the Black and White dirty cop - "Oh I thought white cop was in charge..."
'CISM!!! - LOL.

Overall, thought it was really good. A tinge more adult than TAS.

Other notes
  • New Penguin - Didn't bother me, I liked the song and dance #.
  • LGBT - Really? Both of them? And what does that say about Barbara? Suspicious!
  • Barbara - White Ginger - To Black Ginger - lol.
  • Comm. Gordon - They missed a chance to have him speak on his issues.
  • Gordon Family - I thought they weren't gonna touch on the inherent tension of Crim Defense lawyers and Police - but they did. Good opp to show how Barbara became what she is.
  • Dent - tryptophobia...ugh.
  • Harley - Unless they were trying to say something when she piped up at the meeting of the 3 female characters about over eager Asians...(which also plays into her trying to hook up with ol girl...) - were they leaning into the crazy Asian GF stereotype? LOL
Liked it. Will watch a new season. Probably won't rewatch this - unlike TAS where I might peep an episode randomly.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Yeah it was kind of weird, I was like oh Harley is...Philipina?

But whatever its comic books, characters change gender/ race/ species depending on in which universe the writter decided to make his story.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I'm not all the way through but do they comment on the Gordon’s being black at all? Not like Alfred talking jive but it would make sense that black Gordon would have way more obstacles to becoming commish than white Gordon would. Without that I don't really get the point.
:mjlol:No. They act like it's normal to have a black commissioner in the 1930's, and his daughter is the black DA.
That shyt really had no bearing on the show at all.
:mjlol:fakkit. Go back to reddit with that weirdo shyt, this is thecoli.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
:mjlol:No. They act like it's normal to have a black commissioner in the 1930's, and his daughter is the black DA.
The show's 1940s aesthetic is a stylistic choice.

It's not meant to be completely realistic to the time (it's a superhero cartoon after all, lol).

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The show's 1940s aesthetic is a stylistic choice.

It's not meant to be completely realistic to the time (it's a superhero cartoon after all, lol).
Don't bother he a clown. He angry black people had the audacity to be police commissioners and DAs in a cartoon about a man that dresses up as a Bat and beats up criminals. He feeling a way and wants those old 1940s times back when "we knew our place". They expose themselves all the time.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Don't bother he a clown. He angry black people had the audacity to be police commissioners and DAs in a cartoon about a man that dresses up as a Bat and beats up criminals. He feeling a way and wants those old 1940s times back when "we knew our place". They expose themselves all the time.
:mjlol:Shut up fakkit. You forgot you weren't on reddit and didn't get the support you thought you were. Nothing you stated makes any sense. You're so happy to see fakkits on screen you accept anything.

:mjlol:When a show is advertised as being a 'toned down, realistic' Detective Batman, then you actually watch the show and Batman is only in it 20% of the time. Then on top of that, you have trans Penguin that is found attractive, diversity hires that are never mentioned, a ghost from the 1800's that's afraid to mention race, an Asian dike making out with a Mexican (looking) dike in public, and a gang of other miscellaneous shyt. Not to mention a black DA that talks shyt to every man she sees.

:mjlol:All that shyt is laughably bad and corny. Immersion killing.