Barksdale crew was more ruthless than the Stanfield crew, in hindsight

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
The most coldblooded murder either of the two crews did was Chris killing the delivery lady at Andres store.

Marlo gets the more ruthless tag cause we got scenes of Avon being cool and showin respect (Cutty). We got scenes of Marlo havin lil kev killed cause he told Randy about Lex. IMO in that situation Avon woulda had lil kevin get his ass beat but he woulnt have killed his ass.
I can't remember that deliver lady scene

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread closed. :wow:

But Marlo did have his crew give the kids back to School clothes money at the beginning of season 4 :ehh:He was a sociopath, so he did it just for thrill of power

Nah dude had an ulterior motive. He was talent scouting for goons....why you think he scooped up Michael?

Fred.

Daps
Nah dude had an ulterior motive. He was talent scouting for goons....why you think he scooped up Michael?

Fred.
ehh, I didn't see it like that. To me Marlo was just doing the Frank Lucas hand out turkeys to the hood stuff to make sure the hood knew he ran shyt/had love for him. That's why Monk made sure to tell the boys to thank Marlo for that money. Finding Michael was just chance.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ehh, I didn't see it like that. To me Marlo was just doing the Frank Lucas hand out turkeys to the hood stuff to make sure the hood knew he ran shyt/had love for him. That's why Monk made sure to tell the boys to thank Marlo for that money. Finding Michael was just chance.

Maybe....but I took it as a "compare and contrast" of Marlo and Avon. Avon was actually investing in something that would keep kids off the street, Marlo was stuffing wads of cash into kid's hands for some nice kicks, and recruited one as a killer.

Fred.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Exactly. It was a power move. He wanted to make sure all the youngins knew who was in charge of West Baltimore now.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Barksdales were more ruthless. It's not even close in actuality. Difference is we seen Marlo's team doing a lot of dirt to rise up. Barksdales dirt was backstory for the most part. Prop Joe stopped Avon from fukking with the ref, not Avon's "good heart".

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The Barksdales were more ruthless. It's not even close in actuality. Difference is we seen Marlo's team doing a lot of dirt to rise up. Barksdales dirt was backstory for the most part. Prop Joe stopped Avon from fukking with the ref, not Avon's "good heart".

Barksdales took some towers in the past....Stanfield took cities, then all of Baltimore...you're right, its not even close...

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I'm rewatching it right now :smugbiden:

Just watched this ep in season 2 where Avon gets this dope peddling CO's stash spiked leading to 5 inmates dying, then Avon flips him to get his jail time reduced.

I might change my mind once I rewatch past season 3 but I don't recall Stanfield being that devious :whoo:
:childplease:

Marlo was that devious, he was just never put in a position to do what Avon did. Marlo would have done the same shyt. He might not have been smart enough to pull it off the way Avon did, but if he had that idea he'd do the exact same shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Prop Joe stopped Avon from fukking with the ref, not Avon's "good heart".

:what:

You missed the entire point of that scene.

Avon was pissed over a foul. The ref started talking about bending the rules to please Avon, Avon chastised him because #1 he's the ref, he should be "the man" as far as the game goes, and #2 he shouldn't let Avon talk to him like that.

And that's it. Avon never had any intention of fukking with the ref. That wasn't the reason he confronted him.

Marlo's dumb ass would've probably had the ref and his whole family killed over that.

Fred.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

You missed the entire point of that scene.

Avon was pissed over a foul. The ref started talking about bending the rules to please Avon, Avon chastised him because #1 he's the ref, he should be "the man" as far as the game goes, and #2 he shouldn't let Avon talk to him like that.

And that's it. Avon never had any intention of fukking with the ref. That wasn't the reason he confronted him.

Marlo's dumb ass would've probably had the ref and his whole family killed over that.

Fred.
Right, so Joe said what he said just to say it. okay cool.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides yall acting like Marlo ain't give Bodie and Bubs and the white boy passes.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I was thinking bout that too. What exactly did Marlo say to get the greeks on his side and not care about joe anymore?
Nah, they knew Marlo was going to kill Prop Joe... they had a conversation about it. I forgot exactly how it went, but it was basically after they took his money, the Greeks were talking to each other on some "You know he gonna kill Joe now" type shyt.