Barksdale crew was more ruthless than the Stanfield crew, in hindsight

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avon could of careless about the dope game, even when they were struggling HARD in season two, Avon was more concern about the Barksdale control than joining a co-op with those Eastside n*ggaz. Avon loved the CODE of the streets. That's I will agree with you about him and Omar. They grew up with the concept of being it "all in the game".

Yeah, guy. That's what I said. We agree.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Barksdale crew was drug dealers who occasionally killed people.

Stanfield crew was serial killers who sold drugs in their spare time.

Barkdale had more bodies that they showed and its the reason why McNulty wanted to investigate them in the first place. He told the judge they had open cases on a bunch of people linked to them.

The only random killing Omar did was the security guard and the delivery lady.

D killed a nikka
They killed Gant and the security lady
Avon's ex-girl
Orlando and almost Kema
They tortured and killed Brandon
Avon had a bunch of inmates killed in prison just so he could get an early release while Marlo took a plea deal and got out the game all together
The young boy with the inhaler that ran with Fruit (fruit should've died as well)
String had D killed, then he tried to have Brother Mouzone killed.

they had the best real estate and basically ran the west side.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Avon could of careless about the dope game, even when they were struggling HARD in season two, Avon was more concern about the Barksdale control than joining a co-op with those Eastside n*ggaz. Avon loved the CODE of the streets. That's I will agree with you about him and Omar. They grew up with the concept of being it "all in the game".

He cared about it. he just didn't want to be under Joe. he didn't want him holding that shyt over his head. Plus Joe dimed him out to Omar so he was right for not trusting him. He told stringer bell they fought for those towers so why would he just give up a piece of it? I don't blame him. Avon had a soldier mentality. I think if he would've have gotten locked up (Stringer snitching), he would've taken out Marlo got better real estate and eventually get out of the co-op. Remember, Marlo didn't have the best dope but he controlled the west side. Joe wanted him in the co-op for his muscle and that's it. Joe had to con him into joining.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Omar punked Marlo right in his face with the classic "These 4-5's beat a full house" line. Punked him out of his RING, in fact.

Out of all of those so-called stash steals he pulled from Avon, Omar made the biggest most successful pull from MARLO that was so big that Omar went into retirement and was chilling in the islands.

Marlo had to kill Butchie just for Omar to even return and still failed in achieving to get Omar. Omar, in Marlo's own words was on some "Spider-Man shyt".

You talk about kills, Omar killed Manny and Savino WHILE CRIPPLED. He even got Michael inspired to be just LIKE him by the end of the season :wow:

He poisoned Marlo's name so much in the streets that even Chris was ashamed to tell Marlo the truth.

In the end, Omar pretty much DESTROYED Marlo's legendary status....kids were still talking about the glory days when it was Avon vs. Omar thou. :blessed:[/QUOTE ] are you watching the same show as everyone else? I mean u made this whole story up about him getting punked at the card game when in reality , Omar didn't even know who he was at the time. Marlo was the only person who spoke up at the card game and told Omar he would see him. His legend was never touched since you not mentioning that Chris and Monk never told Him about Omar doing stuff in the streets. I mean since by this time Marlo ran the east and west side and controlled the connect. You said he pulled off the biggest robbery and he retired from it but don't mention that he robbed the entire shipment for the co-op not just Marlo but why let facts get in the way right? Omar died not mentioned at all in the papers just a dead body, while Marlo escaped a massive drug and murder charge with his money in the islands and the money he got from the rest of co-op intact. So who won? The living rich man or the dead street legend?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
People forget... When Marlo wanted to get to the Greeks... He had to go through Avon first.

At the end of the day though..... He had more juice and legacy than both Barksdale and Stanfield crews

Maurice+Levy.png

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was going bad it would of got worse and fell the fukk off

That last season had so many problems

It was the newspaper aspect. I heard the idea for season 6, had there been one, would involve Dominicans from NY coming to B-More selling on their turf.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
It was going bad it would of got worse and fell the fukk off

That last season had so many problems

They only intended it to be 4 seasons anyway. I think the last one sucked because they didn't give a shyt. Passion wasn't there. Simon was like if they had did a 6th season, it would have focused on the latino population in Baltimore so.. I think it would've gotten worse.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I think @BrothaZay is trying to say is that the barkdales killings were more personal and involved more innocent people.

Edit: after reading this thread tho. I don't agree with him.. Lol

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They only intended it to be 4 seasons anyway. I think the last one sucked because they didn't give a shyt. Passion wasn't there. Simon was like if they had did a 6th season, it would have focused on the latino population in Baltimore so.. I think it would've gotten worse.

I agree 100% the proposed season 6 would've been stupid. They would have had this guy battling Marlo for some corners:

mv5bmtuwodu2mte2n15bml5banbnxkftztcwntkxnju2ng-_v1-_sx640_sy461_.jpg

And his brother battling Cutty for lawns

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
I agree 100% the proposed season 6 would've been stupid. They would have had this guy battling Marlo for some corners:

mv5bmtuwodu2mte2n15bml5banbnxkftztcwntkxnju2ng-_v1-_sx640_sy461_.jpg

And his brother battling Cutty for lawns

I'm still tripping on how season 6 ended. Vondas and The Greek didn't want to know a lot of people. He only fukked with Joe and he didn't even want to work with Marlo at first. He said and i'm a paraphrase. "New people, new names to learn, new faces, they gotta know our faces"... But then at the end he meeting with damn near the whole co-op in that coffee shop. :russ: Vondas and The Greek would've got caught in season 6 because somebody would've snitched.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I'm still tripping on how season 6 ended. Vondas and The Greek didn't want to know a lot of people. He only fukked with Joe and he didn't even want to work with Marlo at first. He said and i'm a paraphrase. "New people, new names to learn, new faces, they gotta know our faces"... But then at the end he meeting with damn near the whole co-op in that coffee shop. :russ: Vondas and The Greek would've got caught in season 6 because somebody would've snitched.
I was thinking bout that too. What exactly did Marlo say to get the greeks on his side and not care about joe anymore?