Barksdale crew was more ruthless than the Stanfield crew, in hindsight

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, they knew Marlo was going to kill Prop Joe... they had a conversation about it. I forgot exactly how it went, but it was basically after they took his money, the Greeks were talking to each other on some "You know he gonna kill Joe now" type shyt.

They decided to let Marlo in, because they lost that major shipment to Omar's crew. Marlo persuaded them that Joe is not handling their shyt right and that he would have done a better job with their dope. At first Vondas is undecisive, but then the Greek says Marlo has a point and that he would keep coming back. So Marlo basically gets the green light to remove Prop Joe and get the connect.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Why do people love to go against the grain....

Barksdales were a throwback to the old hustlers. They were selling poison in our community and responsible for all of the damage we have today but, out of their guilt I guess, they tried to give some of that blood money back to the community. Remember, the cookout Avon had? Imagine Marlo having a cookout lol....remember the no killing on Sunday rule? Stringer Bell broke it when he shot at Omar but imagine Marlo even following that shiit in the first place. Remember Stinkum getting his own package and the crew going out to celebrate. Imagine Marlo doing that. He'd just be like...."Here :birdman:". Remember how the crew would go back to Orlando's club to count the money and hang out (kinda like the Strip joint Tony and his crew chilled at in Sopranos). Imagine Marlo being sociable like that lol....the basketball game....did Marlo & Chris ever do community stuff like that? Barksdales were still drug dealers and murderers but they were more human. You got the feeling Avon, String and Bey and Stinkum, Bird and D were almost family....whereas Marlo was a cold hearted mofugga that got off on killing people and covering them in lime :noah: I bet if Marlo had a nephew and Chris/Snoop had him killed behind his back, he wouldn't care. He's probably killed him himself :russ: and tell his sister to step :birdman: whereas that shattered the Barksdale crew.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
They should of expounded more on Chris being ex military that had recently completed a tour of Iraq :ehh:
Would of added more depth to the character

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
:rudy: Lil Kevin didn't even work for Marlo.

Avon wasn't killing people over trivial shyt. He had mad fukkups in his crew after season 1 too.
Agreed. If anything, Avon should of had Slim Charles merc those two idiots Gerrard and Sapper over their countless fukkups in Season 3. shyt they may have even won the war outright with Marlo if those two nikkas were bodied.

Daps
I'm still tripping on how season 6 ended. Vondas and The Greek didn't want to know a lot of people. He only fukked with Joe and he didn't even want to work with Marlo at first. He said and i'm a paraphrase. "New people, new names to learn, new faces, they gotta know our faces"... But then at the end he meeting with damn near the whole co-op in that coffee shop. :russ: Vondas and The Greek would've got caught in season 6 because somebody would've snitched.

Whatchu mean? He met with Fat Face Rick and Slim Charles. That's it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Thats the thing tho, they killed people who they had to for the most part, because who gave them a reason to. State witness=snitch

Dead bodies in vacants=So they wont get caught for the murders, not because they were serial killers

Say what you want about Marlo n em, but the reason the aint have Mike killed Bodie, was because he knew him. Avon n String made Bodie n Poot kill Wallace even tho he was their bestfriend

good points. ive been meaning to go back and re-watch the show(maybe even sit thru season 2). so im gonna reserve my final decision.

i think its because of the way marlo was introduced. the 1st body they dropped on-screen was the security guard that wasnt even shadowing him. and that was just foul. couldnt stand dude ever since. plus he had an evil vibe and they seemed to have nothing else going on in their lives. they never showed the lighter side of marlo.

i aint even sweating the abandoned bodies. my oldhead was on that chris n snoop chit. i didnt know tho, until he got booked.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ehh. i dont know man. now that i think about it, marlo did alot of un-called for stuff.
them dudes were really touched.:demonic:

Daps
I think Marlo is unfairly hated, just off the fact that people hate him for being evil and willing to kill anyone and everything. But in reality the only fucced up Murder he ordered was the security guard for talkin bacc. Everything else was "justified"(from a drug kingpin pov)

However Barksdale did way more fucced up shyt

-Killed the security lady AFTER she lied for them on the stand
-Killed D
-Rolled Orlandos ho up in a carpet and threw her in a trashcan
-The way they killed Brandon
-Shooting at Omars Grandma

:huhldup:

This nikka can't be serious. :skip:

You have absolutely no idea what in the fukk you're talking about.

They killed the security lady because they were tying up loose ends. They had bribed and/or intimidated her and she could've told the police. Even fukking McNulty said this and understood why they did it.

Stringer is the one who killed D you dumbass nikka. :snoop: Also, he was on the brink of snitching on them. Avon couldn't do it because he had love for his nephew even if he knew he was weak. He even fought (kinda) Stringer after he found out, and that's one of the main things that ruined their friendship. Anyway, D had to go.

The whore OD'ed and was dead. Where they supposed to go to the police? :why:

I don't know what to say about HOW they killed Brandon, but of course they had to. They were trying to find out where Omar was, and he eventually died from his injuries. Chris and Snoop tortured Buchie.

Again, Stringer gave them the order to shoot at Omar, not his fukking grandma. But he didn't even know that his grandma was even there, those two idiots didn't even mention her.

Your argument is weak son, I don't know if you just a Marlo stan and trying to get other nikkas to like Marlo like they do Avon, but it's not gonna happen. :mjlol:

The show even makes a point to show that the new breed of dealers (Stanfield's crew) are worse than the old schoolers (Barksdale's crew). You just wrong, because your argument is based off of either misinformation or disinformation to fit your false narrative. :camby:

Daps
Avon and Marlo were both snitches, I can't consider either one to be truly ruthless

:deadmanny: nikka you a fukking brain dead jackass. Avon only "snitched" on the corrupt CO. He ain't ever snitch on any of his crew. You fukking idiots I swear. :snoop: Who did Marlo snitch on? :why: