Barbers are the New Scammers

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I've never been to a shop where the prices weren't on the wall or on display somewhere.............

Sitting down for a cut and not knowing the price is some different shyt to me I ain't gonna lie lol
i usually just assume its going to be around $30 or $40 whenever i walk into a new shop. I don't bother looking for the pricing sheets.
But if he finished and told me $100, i'd be mad af

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah but are y'all being completely honest? Because if you do the math $25/cut ain't shyt.

$25 x 8 customers a day(9 hour days), 6 days a week = $1200. x 52 weeks = $62,400 gross. $60k is nothing these days. That doesn't account for taxes, renting the barber chair, healthcare or a retirement plan. $25 a cut ain't shyt.

This is why I'd never be a barber, shyt is a damn near dead end with no real upwards mobility unless I'm charging $40/cut.
You can get 2 heads in an hour

30 should be reasonable for a basic cut

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm talking about 1 barber, not the entire shop. Barbers don't pool money, so the amount of customers the shop gets don't matter.

And now you're putting in time constraints of 30 minutes damn near making it slave labor. Are you cutting 11 customers' hair 30 minutes back to back for 6 days a week?
I was talking about 1 barber too. Nobody takes 9 hours for just 8 haircuts unless its a super slow day. and like i said, different people take longer, and shorter than others. somebody with a hairline like lebron that generally keep their shyt short is not taking an hour + in the chair unless you doing a bunch of extra shyt.
or If i walk in with an Afro just to get a lineup i'm in and out the shop in 10 minutes.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I was talking about 1 barber too. Nobody takes 9 hours for just 8 haircuts unless its a super slow day.

1 hour for lunch. 8 hours for 8 customers. That's a 9 hour day. 6 days a week.

I would love to see a barber cut customers back to back in 30 minutes time. I ain't never seen it and I been getting cuts my entire life.

I ain't never seen it. You damn near rushing to get done.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
My whole shyt is if you charging that much you better have actual professional service. Don't be pausing my cut to eat lunch. Don't be stopping to argue with one of the customers about how the Cowboys ain't shyt. Don't be on the phone having a full conversation then get mad at me when I don't realize you was talking to me when asking a question.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My whole shyt is if you charging that much you better have actual professional service. Don't be pausing my cut to eat lunch. Don't be stopping to argue with one of the customers about how the Cowboys ain't shyt. Don't be on the phone having a full conversation then get mad at me when I don't realize you was talking to me when asking a question.
this the reason some barbers only be getting through 8 cuts and in 8 hours. :mjlol:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

I was talking about 1 barber too. Nobody takes 9 hours for just 8 haircuts unless its a super slow day. and like i said, different people take longer, and shorter than others. somebody with a hairline like lebron that generally keep their shyt short is not taking an hour + in the chair unless you doing a bunch of extra shyt.
or If i walk in with an Afro just to get a lineup i'm in and out the shop in 10 minutes.

Ok, I see it's possible, but I ain't talking about sports or women or nothing :russ:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Bought my wife some clippers and a straight edge.

Had to divorce my barber. My shyt gonna look sloppy while my wife gets experience but 40-50 every 2 weeks ain’t working for me dawg
Just so you know some people just don't got it. My mother cut me and my brothers hair for about 15 years, didn't improve a single bit from our first haircut to the ones she was doing 15 years deep.

Sorry mom

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
1 hour for lunch. 8 hours for 8 customers. That's a 9 hour day. 6 days a week.

I would love to see a barber cut customers back to back in 30 minutes time. I ain't never seen it and I been getting cuts my entire life.

I ain't never seen it. You damn near rushing to get done.
2 cuts per hour has been the norm in every barbershop I've been in. They even set appointments in 30 minute increments. There's usually 1 or 2 barbers who take a long time in every shop, but that's because they talk alot and take smoke breaks between every cut.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
2 cuts per hour has been the norm in every barbershop I've been in. They even set appointments in 30 minute increments. There's usually 1 or 2 barbers who take a long time in every shop, but that's because they talk alot and take smoke breaks between every cut.
exactly.

and if you do extra shyt like beard and what not, you get charged more...as you should.

nikkaz out here getting basic caesars and bald fades with a shape up should not be paying 50 plus. That's preposterous!

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
When my barber went up $2 I damn near had a heart attack. Imagine getting out of that chair and him telling me, "Cuts are $95 now". I'd straight up tell dude, "You're gonna have to try and rob me to get that much. you're out of your goddamn mind.." But my barber takes care of me. He hooks me up with the Rakim 88 fade, star in the back, and the BDK 3 cuts in the eye brows...