Barbers are the New Scammers

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Yeah but are y'all being completely honest? Because if you do the math $25/cut ain't shyt.

$25 x 8 customers a day(9 hour days), 6 days a week = $1200. x 52 weeks = $62,400 gross. $60k is nothing these days. That doesn't account for taxes, renting the barber chair, healthcare or a retirement plan. $25 a cut ain't shyt.

This is why I'd never be a barber, shyt is a damn near dead end with no real upwards mobility unless I'm charging $40/cut.
You forgot to factor in the weed and card scamming revenue :mjtf:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
i lived a small town. Only 2 black barbers in town. One was in jail because he also sell weed out his shop. and the other is an elderly man who was sick that day. But i needed one right away for an interview. So i went up to the grocery store because they had a supercuts next door.
I've been there. Having that one black barbershop in a town like that is definitely a godsend

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I cannot afford that
So why don't brehs go to Supercuts or Great Clips? Haircuts are $30, add in a tip and you walk out with a $35 cut.
They can't cut black hair...man if they added that to their business model Game over.

Some breh's get cut every 2 weeks, they'd be caking
:wow:

Won't even lie, I'm lucky all my ex's knew had to do hair or I made them learn.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You forgot to factor in the weed and card scamming revenue :mjtf:

Can we refrain from using emotions and stay logical.

Is $60,000 a year gross comfortable these days? To some people it probably is. I make that now and I'm telling you it really ain't much considering taxes, healthcare, and 401k. On top of all that, barbers have to rent a chair which is another $500 easy, so their yearly net income is more like $35,000.

If I'm a barber, I'm charging $40/cut minimum.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I've never had a barber announce the price to me until after the cut. They usually just ask me what i want and get started cutting. You usually have to ask them or look for a poster somewhere to find out the price. So yes, even by your logic a person can potentially get ripped off.

I've never been to a shop where the prices weren't on the wall or on display somewhere.............

Sitting down for a cut and not knowing the price is some different shyt to me I ain't gonna lie lol

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah but are y'all being completely honest? Because if you do the math $25/cut ain't shyt.

$25 x 8 customers a day(9 hour days), 6 days a week = $1200. x 52 weeks = $62,400 gross. $60k is nothing these days. That doesn't account for taxes, renting the barber chair, healthcare or a retirement plan. $25 a cut ain't shyt.

This is why I'd never be a barber, shyt is a damn near dead end with no real upwards mobility unless I'm charging $40/cut.
your barbershop is slow if they only doing 8 cuts. most are doing at least twice that. Super popular one might even top out at 25 cuts per day.
9 hour day but only 8 cuts. they not spending over an hour per cut. 30 - 40 minutes max. Some people are in and out in 15 minutes. My dad barely has any hair left, his cuts are way faster than mine

jesc07

Pro
Daps

Most barbers are charging $30 minimum these days. Mine charges $35 and it's $5 extra to schedule an appointment. Also, most skilled barbers are probably averaging 2 customers per hours so they're doing quite well. I think it's decent profression and even better if you own your shop. I know my barber is pulling in six figures easily as he owns the shop and also still cuts full time.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
they are
but it cost to look fresh
so what can you really do

duck-smoking-foden.gif
I just stopped tipping. Their price now includes my previous tip amount.
Andis T outliner at home helps stave off appointments for like 3 weeks at a time. Just gotta be on top of the line up and touch it up every 2-3 days.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
your barbershop is slow if they only doing 8 cuts. most are doing at least twice that. Super popular one might even top out at 25 cuts per day.
9 hour day but only 8 cuts. they not spending an hour per cut. 30 minutes max

I'm talking about 1 barber, not the entire shop. Barbers don't pool money, so the amount of customers the shop gets don't matter.

And now you're putting in time constraints of 30 minutes damn near making it slave labor. Are you cutting 11 customers' hair 30 minutes back to back for 6 days a week?