Barbers are the New Scammers

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All you have to is check the inflation calculator online. From 2015 to 2024 is a 32% bump. Meaning if you paid 15 then, you should pay $19.50 now. With tip that cut should be $25. $30 at the most.

75812ca5e96dd7480277b258c01cab2b.gif

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I tried it out once and they had no idea how to do black people hair. Girl even told me "your hair is itchty".

But that's more of a symptom of the fact that they don't get alot of black customers. If we frequented them more often, they'd figure it out.

but honestly i've always been in favor of supporting black barbershops over chains because thats one of the few black businesses black people actually want to support in mass. just don't want to see brehs getting ripped off though and encouraging others to be ripped off.

What do you mean you don't want to see dudes get ripped off? We're talking about grown men, that's their choice to go to that shop and pay $100 for a cut. We aren't talking about buying house or getting repairs done on a car. Getting a haircut takes zero thought process.

Barbers will charge what nikkas willing to pay. They'd charge $500 if folks pay up. That's the game and you'd do the same. I for sure would.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What do you mean you don't want to see dudes get ripped off? We're talking about grown men, that's their choice to go to that shop and pay $100 for a cut. We aren't talking about buying house or getting repairs done on a car. Getting a haircut takes zero thought process.

Barbers will charge what nikkas willing to pay. They'd charge $500 if folks pay up. That's the game and you'd do the same. I for sure would

I don't understand what you even trying to say here. How does someone get ripped off without paying? Of they are willingly paying. If they didn't pay then of course they would be ripped off.

Veteran
Daps
All you have to is check the inflation calculator online. From 2015 to 2024 is a 32% bump. Meaning if you paid 15 then, you should pay $19.50 now. With tip that cut should be $25. $30 at the most.

Yeah but are y'all being completely honest? Because if you do the math $25/cut ain't shyt.

$25 x 8 customers a day(9 hour days), 6 days a week = $1200. x 52 weeks = $62,400 gross. $60k is nothing these days. That doesn't account for taxes, renting the barber chair, healthcare or a retirement plan. $25 a cut ain't shyt.

This is why I'd never be a barber, shyt is a damn near dead end with no real upwards mobility unless I'm charging $40/cut.

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Facts when I moved to a new city my barber was 25 for a cut now it’s 45 for a shapeup plus tip!! :wtf:

shyt after a while I grew Locs now the loctician in the spot charging 150 for retwist and the style.

Said fukk it these nikkas was cool but started getting arrogant.. I noticed less and less people were showing up

I just found a new shop. Way more chill, cut still fly and cheaper on the retwist. Sometimes you want to get in and out they charging high prices just to waste time

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I tried it out once and they had no idea how to do black people hair. Girl even told me "your hair is itchty".

But that's more of a symptom of the fact that they don't get alot of black customers. If we frequented them more often, they'd figure it out.

but honestly i've always been in favor of supporting black barbershops over chains because thats one of the few black businesses black people actually want to support in mass. just don't want to see brehs getting ripped off though and encouraging others to be ripped off.
Breh you actually tried to get a cut at Supercuts :russ:

I feel like I'd only do that on some :troll:shyt to see their faces.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh you actually tried to get a cut at Supercuts :russ:

I feel like I'd only do that on some :troll:shyt to see their faces.
i lived a small town. Only 2 black barbers in town. One was in jail because he also sell weed out his shop. and the other is an elderly man who was sick that day. But i needed one right away for an interview. So i went up to the grocery store because they had a supercuts next door.

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand what you even trying to say here. How does someone get ripped off without paying? Of they are willingly paying. If they didn't pay then of course they would be ripped off.

If a customer goes to a barber, already knowing the price, and agrees to pay $100, is that a rip off? Did the customer in the OP get ripped off?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If a customer goes to a barber, already knowing the price, and agrees to pay $100, is that a rip off? Did the customer in the OP get ripped off?
I've never had a barber announce the price to me until after the cut. They usually just ask me what i want and get started cutting. You usually have to ask them or look for a poster somewhere to find out the price. So yes, even by your logic a person can potentially get ripped off.