Barbers are the New Scammers

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
On me. My barbers back home used to sell weed, pills, CDs and shìt, and would leave you looking fúcked up in the chair with a fade on the left and a 1 on the right:russ:

I remember one of my barbers went and got a whole ass plate from across town in the middle of him cutting some kid's head. Buddy was gone for a whole 45 minutes. Lil' man's dad almost buried that nígga when he got back.
My barber back in the day ended up being my plug. Cheapest bows on the block.
:blessed:
I remember I asked him for ten one day, and he looked at me hard. As if I was the Feds.
:patrice:
Ninja you been servin me for a year already.
:gucci:
Shout out to Shyne for keepin the CCT fed.
:salute:

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My barber dead ass like this just more fake humble lmao be iced out cutting us putting his ring in our eye lmao

My barber I use to go to in 2019

My barber: you watchin the game this weekend

Me: *in my head* (you know I’m watching the fukkin game man) yeah I’ll probably watch it

My barber: oh yeah? I’m heading over to Tyrann Mathieu’s crib in the morning, to get him lined up. Massive crib out there in OP, paid me up for like 6 months

Me: word?

:comeon:

LMAO

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My old barber charged $40 a cut. He was a beast.

Unfortunately, I lost contact with him after Covid. The barbershop closed down. Im still mad :mjcry:

My new barber charges $55. I tipped him too much by accident last time and it was $70.

It would've been tacky to go back and take it out but, next time he's getting no tip :ufdup:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Yeah but are y'all being completely honest? Because if you do the math $25/cut ain't shyt.

$25 x 8 customers a day(9 hour days), 6 days a week = $1200. x 52 weeks = $62,400 gross. $60k is nothing these days. That doesn't account for taxes, renting the barber chair, healthcare or a retirement plan. $25 a cut ain't shyt.

This is why I'd never be a barber, shyt is a damn near dead end with no real upwards mobility unless I'm charging $40/cut.
Folks act like the average barber is balling is always amusing to me. They have to rent their chair, buying new clippers or maintaining clippers, cleaning stuff, etc. Unless they're a celebrity barber, most barbers are just getting by.

My barber JUST raised his prices from $25 to $30 in January after staying at $25 for the longest.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean you don't want to see dudes get ripped off? We're talking about grown men, that's their choice to go to that shop and pay $100 for a cut. We aren't talking about buying house or getting repairs done on a car. Getting a haircut takes zero thought process.

Barbers will charge what nikkas willing to pay. They'd charge $500 if folks pay up. That's the game and you'd do the same. I for sure would.

You deserve to be shot in the face with a double-barrel shotgun

• Haha
Reactions: tgu

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you live in a major city find some Dominicans before they learn enough english to find out about the barber market
I went to get some Mofungo the other week and walked by a Dominican barbershop with Jason Tatum looking dudes outside playing dominos
They cuts were sharp as shyt and I guarantee it's under $30
Same shyt happened to me when I went back home for Labor Day weekend. Drove in and I needed my beard shaped up so I google the best Barbers near and a Dominican spot was 5 mins from Mom's crib. Man let me tell you this was one of the best bread shape ups I've ever had. Went in asked for the Philly Beard jawn, amigo didn't speak no English so showed him a pic and he nodded I got you. Brehs, homie hit me with the face massage, shoulder massage and that Dominican blowout on the beard. That shyt had a breh in disbelief, so much my bill was like $30 I gladly gave homie a nice tip. Oh it didn't hurt that the barber and beauty salon was attached so there was so nice shaped Mamis in there as well. 😂

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
exactly.

and if you do extra shyt like beard and what not, you get charged more...as you should.

nikkaz out here getting basic caesars and bald fades with a shape up should not be paying 50 plus. That's preposterous!

Yep. A scam is a scam. Price gouging is evident by the upgraded lifestyle and the luxury assets.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
No black man who respects himself goes to super cuts though. At the end of the day black shops give the best most detailed cuts. So anyone of any race who wants the best cuts will go to a black shop and pay the price.

I own a shop, even with mexicans we get plenty of them who come in for cuts when they could go across the street and get it for half off from their amigos. HS and college aged mexibrehs will go get their hair cut by Jose for $15 and the came into my shop begging one of my barbers to fix their shyt before school the next day.

You get what you pay for
This. The only time a white man has ever cut my hair was when I was in boot camp and all they did was just shave all my hair off. Folks really talking about Super Cuts for a black man's haircut! :scust:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Same shyt happened to me when I went back home for Labor Day weekend. Drove in and I needed my beard shaped up so I google the best Barbers near and a Dominican spot was 5 mins from Mom's crib. Man let me tell you this was one of the best bread shape ups I've ever had. Went in asked for the Philly Beard jawn, amigo didn't speak no English so showed him a pic and he nodded I got you. Brehs, homie hit me with the face massage, shoulder massage and that Dominican blowout on the beard. That shyt had a breh in disbelief, so much my bill was like $30 I gladly gave homie a nice tip. Oh it didn't hurt that the barber and beauty salon was attached so there was so nice shaped Mamis in there as well. 😂

Funny, how Dominicans still kept their prices reasonable and one of them outright said to me that "if any barber charging their customers over $50 for a basic cut, they dont respect them."