Barbers are the New Scammers

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Barbers saw how sistas been getting got by beauticians for yrs and figured, "why not us too?" :manny:

Then try to guilt you on some, "well if you broke just say that" talk just like the hoes they are. I only paid for a cut over $60 bucks for two barbers. My man DeJuan in KC and Slim in Memphis. Both of them nikkas cut hair for the Chiefs and some Grizzlies players respectively and even they not out here trying to rip the common man off with their prices. I could see if they did but the avg nikka that just fckin graduated from barber school got a lotta nerve
No lies. My girl told me her coworker had to go to a wedding this summer and paid some crazy bread for her nails, feet, hair and makeup, a little over $1k in total. Numbers was crazy. $180 for nails, crazy bread on her hair because she got a "color treatment", just wild stuff.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
get cut on base when I was at work.
nikka playing a dangerous game right here. I never went when I was in cause it was always a dude in the barracks who was nice with the clippers. I go now for them to touch up my beard and that’s only when I’ve let it go unkept for a sec. I’ve been more in the last 2-3 months than I ever went in my 11 yrs in

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
havent got a full haircut since 2012 (had dreads for a few years)

seeing nikkas pay $50-$60 bucks for a cut is the wildest concept to me cause thats how much my retwist would cost (wash included lol)

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
been outlining my beard and hairline for almost 2 years now with my remmington and this joint https://a.co/d/0IqYLLe

shyt is super clutch and saves money on haircuts
Yeah, I don’t have much of a beard. But I usually shave & line myself up once a week. And people ask if I went the barbershop after I'm done, so I assume I'm doing a pretty good job.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah, I don’t have much of a beard. But I usually shave & line myself up once a week. And people ask if I went the barbershop after I'm done, so I assume I'm doing a pretty good job.
depends on how they asked, was it like "hey someone went to barber i see:obama:" or was it like "did a barber do that to you? :scusthov:"

• Haha
Reactions: tgu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would love to see a barber cut customers back to back in 30 minutes time.

You haven’t been in the presence of top tier barbers then….. especially coming up as a kid in the 80s and 90s…… if you was just getting a basic Caesar or Fade…. A lot of barbers could have you out the chair in 25 minutes with a dope cut…. but with so many cats having beards now, I’m thinking 30 to 40 minutes is where it’s at

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah but are y'all being completely honest? Because if you do the math $25/cut ain't shyt.

$25 x 8 customers a day(9 hour days), 6 days a week = $1200. x 52 weeks = $62,400 gross. $60k is nothing these days. That doesn't account for taxes, renting the barber chair, healthcare or a retirement plan. $25 a cut ain't shyt.

This is why I'd never be a barber, shyt is a damn near dead end with no real upwards mobility unless I'm charging $40/cut.

Barbers never report their entire earnings. shyt, a lot of barbers in my hood were ballers (granted, I'm really good friends with 3 barbers, who all own their own shop. They started off with each other).

Not sure where you're from, but in NYC elite barbers make crazy bread. My boy started at 14. By 16, he had a 1997 Nissan Maxima...in 1997. By 21 he had his own Range Rover and Condo. He now owns a 1.2 million dollar home in Dyker Heights (he came from nothing too, got it out the mud).

My other boy, same circle, copped a crib in Jersey City by the time he was around 24.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
I've cut my own hair since I was about 13 or sumn.

Some dudes have fresher haircuts than me.

But. After $100 haircut, a week later your shyt gonna look no better than mine.

I guess they better go all out and stunt for them first couple days.
i cut my own face. I have a professional set of clipppers and 2 pair of andis trimmers. I can't cut my own hair, but I never paid for barbers to trim my goatie or beard. My hair grows too fukkin fast. I can shave cleanly on monday and 5 oclock shadow is back by Friday

Last edited: