Barbers are the New Scammers

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Shame of it is, places like Supercuts will see a market. They'll start cutting black hair for $25-30. And down goes the Black barbershop

No black man who respects himself goes to super cuts though. At the end of the day black shops give the best most detailed cuts. So anyone of any race who wants the best cuts will go to a black shop and pay the price.

I own a shop, even with mexicans we get plenty of them who come in for cuts when they could go across the street and get it for half off from their amigos. HS and college aged mexibrehs will go get their hair cut by Jose for $15 and the came into my shop begging one of my barbers to fix their shyt before school the next day.

You get what you pay for

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Tbf if they are a skilled barber I'd value their time at about 75-80 an hr...ppl short changing themselves frfr
preach breh, it's skilled labor which is being performed on your body. you couldn't get a plumber, electrician, or mobile mechanic to come out for $75/hour and wouldn't hire one who asks $12/hour for fear of them cutting corners. idk how brehs tolerate work being done on the most important thing in their lives - themselves - for beer money, you get what you pay for. :yeshrug:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
No black man who respects himself goes to super cuts though. At the end of the day black shops give the best most detailed cuts. So anyone of any race who wants the best cuts will go to a black shop and pay the price.

I own a shop, even with mexicans we get plenty of them who come in for cuts when they could go across the street and get it for half off from their amigos. HS and college aged mexibrehs will go get their hair cut by Jose for $15 and the came into my shop begging one of my barbers to fix their shyt before school the next day.

You get what you pay for

I'm saying Supercuts could begin to hired trained Black-haircut barbers, and then charge a lower price

Idk where you live, but trust there are a few non-Black barbers that are very good cutting black hair.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying Supercuts could begin to hired trained Black-haircut barbers, and then charge a lower price

Idk where you live, but trust there are a few non-Black barbers that are very good cutting black hair.

The non black barbers who can cut black hair can work in black shops and get their $40+ a cut. I'm in LA, i've employed a number of latinos who are pretty cold with black hair

If Supercuts could pull it off they would've been done it imo. Also remember black shops give an experience besides just the actual cut.

$100 for a cut is bogus.....but $40-$50 is just about right for these times.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
If my shyt don’t look no different than when I paid 15 then I ain’t doing it. I know a cat that will give a cut with the towel for 35 today. The 100 dollar cat ain’t that nice, I’m sure of it

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
I REFUSE to tip a barber. It makes absolutely no sense to tip someone that sets the price of their service. They are literally asking you to pay them whatever amount and im supposed to give a nikka more than he asked for? I cant do it. My barber charges me $20 btw lol
My barber was charging me $18 and went up to $20. I was tipping him $2, but that shyt is deaded.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
They're playing themselves. All the latinos in LA who know how to cut black hair get their $$$
That shop always full and the black hair places have lower numbers every time I go so who is really losing? If I had a barber shop I’d charge 15-20 a cut and take these 30-40 dollar nikkas lunch.