Barbers are the New Scammers

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the thing is, I saw a video of a guy on youtube who went into the dominican barbershop in NYC, and they was still charging like $15-$20.

it's the black barbershops that be gouging.

Yep. If these black barbers have to get mad at someone, they need to go after Dominican barbers and not at their own customers.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
It seems like $40-50 is the average I see around my area if you use theCut to book. A lot of dudes also use Square, but prices are the same.

My wife works in the cosmetic industry, and she said $40 is a fair price, especially considering an increase in booth rent and products.

Plus, YouTube and "good" tutorials weren't freely available with tips on how to cut your own hair growing up. If you messed up your head, you either went baldy or paid some poor soul to salvage it. It's probably a lot more people going online and learning, which decreases the amount of heads barbers see too.

People in here talking about Dominicans charging for the low, that must be dependent on the location. The ones in my small city in MD increase their prices just like the bruhs.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Same shyt happened to me when I went back home for Labor Day weekend. Drove in and I needed my beard shaped up so I google the best Barbers near and a Dominican spot was 5 mins from Mom's crib. Man let me tell you this was one of the best bread shape ups I've ever had. Went in asked for the Philly Beard jawn, amigo didn't speak no English so showed him a pic and he nodded I got you. Brehs, homie hit me with the face massage, shoulder massage and that Dominican blowout on the beard. That shyt had a breh in disbelief, so much my bill was like $30 I gladly gave homie a nice tip. Oh it didn't hurt that the barber and beauty salon was attached so there was so nice shaped Mamis in there as well. 😂
I'm not even gonna hold you. Hispanic barbers are the best barbers that I've been to. They barely use bigen, prices be reasonable even out here in Cali, and they're more professional than black barbers, imo.

On average, and in my experience, they know how to cut ALL heads. I've been to black barbers that have won awards and shìt, and those kats have fućked my shìt up, and they really struggle with cutting certain textures.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Barbers saw how sistas been getting got by beauticians for yrs and figured, "why not us too?" :manny:

Then try to guilt you on some, "well if you broke just say that" talk just like the hoes they are. I only paid for a cut over $60 bucks for two barbers. My man DeJuan in KC and Slim in Memphis. Both of them nikkas cut hair for the Chiefs and some Grizzlies players respectively and even they not out here trying to rip the common man off with their prices. I could see if they did but the avg nikka that just fckin graduated from barber school got a lotta nerve

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
My barber I use to go to in 2019

My barber: you watchin the game this weekend

Me: *in my head* (you know I’m watching the fukkin game man) yeah I’ll probably watch it

My barber: oh yeah? I’m heading over to Tyrann Mathieu’s crib in the morning, to get him lined up. Massive crib out there in OP, paid me up for like 6 months

Me: word?

:comeon:

LMAO
Man I swear every barber in KC cut someone on the Chiefs/Royals hair. It's one on W. 39th who I hope his shop get shot up again. That nikka smoke too much weed and always lying bout getting flown out to cut some athletes hair but I'd always see his bum ass at First Friday's when supposed to be gone..fukk homie fr

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I swear every barber in KC cut someone on the Chiefs/Royals hair. It's one on W. 39th who I hope his shop get shot up again. That nikka smoke too much weed and always lying bout getting flown out to cut some athletes hair but I'd always see his bum ass at First Friday's when supposed to be gone..fukk homie fr

You talking about Draque? Short light skin dude?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'm not even gonna hold you. Hispanic barbers are the best barbers that I've been to. They barely use bigen, prices be reasonable even out here in Cali, and they're more professional than black barbers, imo.

On average, and in my experience, they know how to cut ALL heads. I've been to black barbers that have won awards and shìt, and those kats have fućked my shìt up, and they really struggle with cutting certain textures.
My experience complete opposite. Never letting a Hispanic man touch my shyt again, them mf's trash 🤣...

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
just fckin graduated from barber school got a lotta nerve
This is the shyt that I can't stand. nikkas that don't even know how to display their license but are coming out charging $30-40 a head for a regular and an extra $10 to act like they're lining up your beard. And it always the nikka that says "I became official a few months ago but I been cutting for years."

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep...went to dude twice. My hair is wild and free in a fro and shyt. Second time I went to dude, nikka had me looking like a 1970s African dictator. I wanted to kill his ass

lol I’ve never heard of him cutting anybody’s hair like that. I’m pretty sure he was lying. I know a couple of people who stopped going to him. Then my boy I went to high school with was cutting out of his shop for a little bit. He was telling me that nikka was talking all the walk-ins and people who called instead giving clients to his other barbers

LMAO

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If my barber wasn't really good, and a longtime friend, man...:francis: I go as long as possible between cuts now. I'm single, so fukk it. I do semi lineups myself that are good enough for general public. I go get cut if I have somewhere important to be.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The coli :heh:

The place where they say learn a trade. Work for yourself. Where they say inflation is a bytch and you need to make x amount of dollars to be comfortable. Then complain about people doing just that
:francis:
Nah, 40 and up for a regular cut is pushing it a lot. 50 and up is insane. You have to draw the line somewhere.