Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Imagine carrying groceries on a bike

l can see this working in warm/progressive cities like Miami, LA, or San Fran, but overall our infrastructure won't allow us to do fun shyt like this, unless it's just recreational. I'm not riding a bike to work, and I'm damn sure not riding one to go make groceries. :pachaha:

Bike shops gotta be making a killing.

How do people travel far distances or with young children though?

cargo bikes

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I've been to Amsterdam and the city posted isn't too far from there. Lets just say I never seen so many bikes in my life and it was a beautiful thing to behold. Had to be hundreds of thousands of them. Netherlands is the shyt. Wish America had more of a bike culture. Its just all about cars, cars, and more cars... especially here in Cali :unimpressed:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
l can see this working in warm/progressive cities like Miami, LA, or San Fran, but overall our infrastructure won't allow us to do fun shyt like this, unless it's just recreational. I'm not riding a bike to work, and I'm damn sure not riding one to go make groceries. :pachaha:

Weather don't really have anything to do with it. Oslo and Montreal are listed as among the best bike cities in the world and they're cold as fukk. Portland is one of the top bike cities in America and it's raining constantly there.

Once you get used to it as a culture, biking isn't really a big deal at all. It's just that we have constant corporate control that insists to Americans they got to take the most expensive way out of every possible situation, until they begin to believe it themselves.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I've been to Amsterdam and the city posted isn't too far from there. Lets just say I never seen so many bikes in my life and it was a beautiful thing to behold. Had to be hundreds of thousands of them. Netherlands is the shyt. Wish America had more of a bike culture. Its just all about cars, cars, and more cars... especially here in Cali :unimpressed:
Travelling and living in different countries truly opened up my eyes. I wish I could give every breh a passport and a trip around the world. So many have been conditioned to live and die in their hood. It’s sad. :francis:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
It's American idiotic zoning laws.

Make it so residential areas all have to be in one spot, and businesses another.
So if you live on the far side of a residential area, you have to go across damn near the entire city just to get to the shopping centers.
Then Americans buy cars, because you can't get anywhere or do anything on a bike, the roads are all designed for cars, etc.

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps

Yup, and think about how much money you save per year without the need of a car.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
@Knowledge

U still in Netherlands breh? :jbhmm:

How is it out there? They letting Americans in out there?

I was thinking bout coming out there for a few months.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
True that but even in the most walkable cities here (NYC/DC/Seattle/etc) folks not trying to give up their cars, and will drive to the corner store and back. There was a statistic that the average american drives less than 10 miles a day or some shyt like that. The country's old architecture definitely is a big reason for it, but Americans love the convenience.

I barely see folks riding those citi bikes or scooters around as it is.

I dunno much bout DC and haven’t been to Seattle but ain’t nobody in NY giving up their parking space to drive to a corner store within walking distance :camby:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I know this isn't in Amsterdam, but same shyt. I was there a few years ago, loved it. It was in May and I was lucky enough to visit when it was hot. I wish I had a bike when I was there even though their transport system is off the hook. Better than England, that's for sure. So many black folks everywhere too. I'm definitely going to visit again since it's only an hour away by plane.