Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They already repainted half of NYC to make custom made bike lanes...:why: shyt is ridiculous...

But i don't know about anywhere else...:mjlol:
Same here in Baltimore. Traffic that was bad made EVEN WORSE for cacs riding bikes and jogging. They don't even ride in numbers like that:stopitslime:

concise

Veteran
Daps
The nature of the cities are not the focus. The social and political will to make change for the betterment of all are the comparison.

i.e., people.

The nature of the cities definitely matters :dwillhuh: How could you think comparing old cities where they started with out compact, narrow streets and everything close together doesn't matter compared to places in the States?
They already repainted half of NYC to make custom made bike lanes...:why: shyt is ridiculous...

But i don't know about anywhere else...:mjlol:

And they get no use in the winter.

That dude that makes those pro Netherlands videos might as well work for the government. He isn't objective at all. He is from Canada and has a hard on for the Netherlands.

He was saying that we should all be riding those dutch cruiser bikes with no gears but if you look that video their land is pretty flat and ideal for those bikes. I've been to Amsterdam.

Any place that doesn't have flat terrain would not be ideal for dutch cruisers.

It's definitely well produced propaganda.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
That's pretty damn ill. Americans are too damn selfish and fat to live in a society like this.

1*b2sASBV_xu8Dd22lzhj7IQ.jpeg

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Yep, been to Amsterdam, loved it there!!!!
Everyone on their bicycles, but not even like BMX or anything but old school bikes LOL.

Nobody fat there, and everyone drinking beer and eating pastries all the time.
When I went there I don't remember seeing any fat person, I barely even saw any chubby people.

Weed is strong there man, they got like another kind we don't got here.
Like we got indica, sativa and hybrid, they got another kind as well.

Lmaoooo so true.. every word of this.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno much bout DC and haven’t been to Seattle but ain’t nobody in NY giving up their parking space to drive to a corner store within walking distance :camby:
True that but I got a driveway. I get your point I deal with parking fukkery everyday

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The nature of the cities definitely matters :dwillhuh: How could you think comparing old cities where they started with out compact, narrow streets and everything close together doesn't matter compared to places in the States?

There's an attempt at that very change going on now in some US cities, where entire downtown streets are closed to vehicles and open only to pedestrian/bike traffic, where live-eat-work construction is popping up, etc. The problem with that attempt at change in the US is that it's not going to be applied equally to everyone. A lot of the infrastructure money in the recent passed bill will go towards exactly those concepts, especially the live-eat-work aspect.

If anything it'd be easier for the US because there's so much more space compared to Euro cities. You can tear down and rebuild as you like, that's simple urban planning. When the interstates got built people complained...and they still got built. If the will existed, there'd be change.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I wonder if people in Moscow or Berlin care about what they do in Amsterdam. :patrice:

That's ridiculous.
That's like saying, 'I wonder if anyone choses to live in a closed-minded box like i do, not wanting to know about anything outside my hood/street/county/city/state/country.
It doesn't matter if you didn't mean street or city but meant country, it's almost equally stupid!

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Most employees in Amsterdam get a pension?

I don't know for sure but it seemed like that was the system. We were talking about retirement ages and they mentioned the age 67 for pension. I told them my dad worked was able to retire at 55 with his pension... they were like :skip:

Oh and every native Dutch person is a giant. I'm 6ft and I felt like Kevin Hart over there.