Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
That's pretty damn ill. Americans are too damn selfish and fat to live in a society like this.
but that's only because the government wanted it like this. they wanted this country car centric. most major american cities were dense and pedestrian friendly before the 1920s. Then the government saw that people will buy cars if you leave them with no choice so that why they started building suburbs and single family housings and spread everyone apart.

it's to late for this type of movement to happen here.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but that's only because the government wanted it like this. they wanted this country car centric. most major american cities were dense and pedestrian friendly before the 1920s. Then the government saw that people will buy cars if you leave them with no choice so that why they started building suburbs and single family housings and spread everyone apart.

it's to late for this type of movement to happen here.
True that but even in the most walkable cities here (NYC/DC/Seattle/etc) folks not trying to give up their cars, and will drive to the corner store and back. There was a statistic that the average american drives less than 10 miles a day or some shyt like that. The country's old architecture definitely is a big reason for it, but Americans love the convenience.

I barely see folks riding those citi bikes or scooters around as it is.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I’m not gone ride a bike in the cold weather lol.

Big ups to the Netherlands. I don’t think this is feasible here. Maybe in the east coast cities, but not down here.
l can see this working in warm/progressive cities like Miami, LA, or San Fran, but overall our infrastructure won't allow us to do fun shyt like this, unless it's just recreational. I'm not riding a bike to work, and I'm damn sure not riding one to go make groceries. :pachaha:

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
bike in this
5b773ec05521a.image.jpg

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
This is interesting. Because the old euro cities were laid out for walking/short commutes and still thrive. I would say it takes more ingenuity to retrofit these cities than new ones, it’s the difference between Phoenix and Philly

This is it. When your country is tiny and has been around for centuries, stuff like this can happen organically. America is huge and sprung up in a much different manner. Long distances and suburbs necessitated cars.