Ban cars and this is the result. Vredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands ...

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Cities laid out thousands of years ago and ones laid out in the last 100 aren't really a fair comparison.
This is interesting. Because the old euro cities were laid out for walking/short commutes and still thrive. I would say it takes more ingenuity to retrofit these cities than new ones, it’s the difference between Phoenix and Philly

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
America is not ass or lazy. We have a Suffern culture, part of which is industrialized. We built a car culture, the Netherlands not so much. We have lots of space most cities are < 200 years old, their spaces are are a lot older and smaller.
I had a girl in Antwerp 20 years ago. We ate at outside cafes built in the 1300, the streets were very small, but we could bike everywhere on designated paths. They also charged to use shopping carts, no plastic bags, way back then. But the rest of their lives was HIGHLY regulated by the government - where/ when you could work, high taxes, etc. (like what CA aspires to be).

Not a fair comparison, but we can and must do better.

But be careful of what you wish for.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Yep, been to Amsterdam, loved it there!!!!
Everyone on their bicycles, but not even like BMX or anything but old school bikes LOL.

Nobody fat there, and everyone drinking beer and eating pastries all the time.
When I went there I don't remember seeing any fat person, I barely even saw any chubby people.

Weed is strong there man, they got like another kind we don't got here.
Like we got indica, sativa and hybrid, they got another kind as well.

I need to go out there

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I need to go out there
You can't get lost in Amsterdam, the bus system is too organized.
You couldn't get lost even if you tried.

I went there during a music festival, and I had a blast!
As you know you can smoke weed there.
I went to a restaurant called Route 66, or maybe Route 33 and I went inside a lady gave me a booth to sit.
There was a glass cup full of green stuff in it, I asked the lady is that weed?
She said no, that's condiments for your weed, so you bring your own weed and you can put this in your joint for added flavor. I was like :gladbron:

Then rolled up a joint, use them condiments, ordered some food and a beer.
As I was eating and drinking I was also smoking a joint, and you know what it tasted like? It tasted like freedom!!! :ohlawd:

Then I looked around and I see old people smoking weed, young people, guys in business suits, all types of people.

I LOVE AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!! I went there 3 times already, can't wait to go again!!

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
American car drivers looking like this
sei_11200234.jpg

Fat fukks.