B.o.B. says Slave Trade never happened "we found dinosaurs but no slave ships. we were always here"

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Are Austrailian Aborignies black or not?
No.

Their skin is blacker than mine, just like my African ancestors skin was blacker than mine yet they lived in their own society not subject to western concepts of race.

Is Tony Stark IronMan? Yes and no, right? If we are speaking about outside of the movie universe construct...no, the nikka is not iron Man.

But, if we are at comicon? Yes, it's understood that he's iron Man.

----------

Can I ask you a question? Prior to colonial violence and influence, would any of your African ancestors say "I'm black"?

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SHIP STUFF nikka DAMN. SAME shyt CAPTAINS DID BEFORE SLAVERY. SHIPS WEREN'T INVENTED JUST FOR SLAVE TRADE. CAPTAINS JUST SAW A WAY TO GET PAID AND THEY DID. AFTERWARDS THEY FOUND SOME OTHER WAY TO GET PAID.

Lmao @"ship stuff"

Is this your opinion or do u have some sources? If this is just your opinion you should just say that, without trying to pass it off like you have some type of evidence or proof.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Can I ask you a question? Prior to colonial violence and influence, would any of your African ancestors say "I'm black"?

I think you over complicate the term "black".

Yes black may have originated during the cac eugenic influenced expansion, but it has morphed into something else.

It has morphed into the name of our tribe in America. We may as well begin capitolizing the "B" when we use it.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I think you over complicate the term "black".

Yes black may have originated during the cac eugenic influenced expansion, but it has morphed into something else.

It has morphed into the name of our tribe in America. We may as well begin capitolizing the "B" when we use it.
I'm not even disagreeing with this.

I feel you completely.

Daps
So can you explain the Gullah then? i'm sure you aware of them since youlive in SC.
can you explain your cuisine (Soul food: African- and European creolized cuisine)
You listen to music right? Right there is a retention and creolization of African culture
you want more?

and most cacs of which aren't of English descent but since you from SC you probably don't know better

Get out of your feelings and read my posts carefully.

I said AVERAGE african american. If you think the gullah are representative of the average african american then i dont know what to tell you.

And when it comes the ethnic background AMERICAN cacs, England holds the plurality over any single european country.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
For the record, the indigenous of
Australia are called Black by their colonizers.
They are Black people...
Agreed. Whats funny is the definition of black to the colonizers of Australia may be very different from your definition or mine or current society's.

It's just so striking though, right? Thinl about why you just typed... Essentially, they were called that for the first time...by Violent European colonizers... So that's what they are.

It's crazy and so sad.

As long as we acknowledge that the classification is literally derived from a forest time classification by colonizers.

I bring up the point only to highlight how shaky the foundation of the terms black and white are.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Get out of your feelings and read my posts carefully.

I said AVERAGE african american. If you think the gullah are representative of the average african american then i dont know what to tell you.

And when it comes the ethnic background AMERICAN cacs, England holds the plurality over any single european country.
raw

you skipped over my post of course and focused on the gullah

and for cacs German and Irish are the biggest groups

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I'm not even disagreeing with this.

I feel you completely.

My thought was solidified listening to a Ghanaian last night as he discussed nlack people in America.

He just said "Black" people in a manner...it was clear he referred to us as a tribe, which is exactly what we are.

Normally I would take offense at him calling us black as if he's separate from us and rejects his blackness. Which isn't the case, he's referring to tribes.

Daps
raw

you skipped over my post of course and focused on the gullah

and for cacs German and Irish are the biggest groups

Soul food has just as much native american influnce as any thing else

Corn bread, chitterlings, hushpuppies, grits all have na origins. Not just african and english influences.

The fact of the matter is, that average african american doesn't have any significant amount of cultural connections to any specific african culture. That's not a value judgement, it's simply a fact. Ancestral culture gets snuffed out of minorities every day. Especially in America.