Ava Duvernay wrote an interracial love movie "Origin", we supporting our sista?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This pandering c*nt… I’m sick of these nikkas in Hollywood.

A concentration camp in a movie that was adapted from a book about the black caste system in America?

She was really reaching wit this one. I’m glad the Oscars shunned her pandering ass

It’s sad cause she like one of maybe two black women directors who gets these types of budgets and the given the cache to make actual beautiful films and comes up with drivel like this.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Can we get a black Sci Fi movie without all the black trauma attached please. Even just a regular movie like they used to make in the 90s or early 2000s :why:

Breh I'm dying for just a black movie with some form of substance. I'm talking science fiction with a big budget. I'm talking, a Woody Allen approach to romance (without the typical Tubi tropes).

JUST FOR ONCE, LET BLACK FOLKS HAVE A TASTE OF CINEMA WITHOUT THE STEREOTYPICAL FLUFF!!! GIVE ME SOMETHING TO ENTICE ME!

Like for instance:

I want a movie that take place in modern time, but has the focus of a LOTR approach. A breh trying to get this generational quilt or etc that was passed down for ages. The quilt or whatever carries a power of fortune, good luck, and potential growth involving the family. Meanwhile, you have other people from drug dealers, corrupted cops, and white collared 6 certs brehs going after it. Thus, you have a movie that will appease all elements and creeds.

You have the lore for the geeks, the action for the popcorn gang, and the cinematic approach for the thespians like this marsupial.

Something different, besides nonsense that further take us away from a time when black movies and shows actually had an ounce of substance.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol:at these reactions to a movie none of you have seen about a book none of you have read. And I bet the majority of responses in here are from cacs.
Have you read the book and saw the movie? Are the reactions inaccurate?

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
fukk this bytch
bytch had the gall to speak negatively of Snoop Dogg after he bashed that gail king whore about her slanders to Kobe few months after his death.
Same bytch on Harvey Weinstein

Ava-Oprah-Gayle-GettyImages.jpg

fukk this fukking c*nt

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Breh I'm dying for just a black movie with some form of substance. I'm talking science fiction with a big budget. I'm talking, a Woody Allen approach to romance (without the typical Tubi tropes).

JUST FOR ONCE, LET BLACK FOLKS HAVE A TASTE OF CINEMA WITHOUT THE STEREOTYPICAL FLUFF!!! GIVE ME SOMETHING TO ENTICE ME!

Like for instance:

I want a movie that take place in modern time, but has the focus of a LOTR approach. A breh trying to get this generational quilt or etc that was passed down for ages. The quilt or whatever carries a power of fortune, good luck, and potential growth involving the family. Meanwhile, you have other people from drug dealers, corrupted cops, and white collared 6 certs brehs going after it. Thus, you have a movie that will appease all elements and creeds.

You have the lore for the geeks, the action for the popcorn gang, and the cinematic approach for the thespians like this marsupial.

Something different, besides nonsense that further take us away from a time when black movies and shows actually had an ounce of substance.
Write the film you want to see

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
fukk this bytch
bytch had the gall to speak negatively of Snoop Dogg after he bashed that gail king whore about her slanders to Kobe few months after his death.
Same bytch on Harvey Weinstein

Ava-Oprah-Gayle-GettyImages.jpg

fukk this fukking c*nt
fukk Snoop Dogg nikka

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Like for instance:

It sound like you want a movie version of Shadowrun also the movie bright with will smith also hit on alot of what you want replace quilt with wand and it more or less the same plot.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Everything mentioned was adapted from the book.

I’ve read the book, which theorizes that the Indian caste system, Nazi Germany and American racism are all connected…not by racial discrimination but by a strict social order that benefits the ruling class. It’s an academic type book, so Ava dramatizes it by creating a story about the author struggling to write the book itself.

The movie is heavy, contains scenes of the middle passage, lynching, Nazi concentration camps, and disgusting things the Dalit people have to do. It weaves all these separate ideas into the author’s own tragic story. In the book, Trayvon Martin’s death inspired the author to think about American racism in a different way, so it’s not surprising it’s included in the movie.
Is the author a wench?